• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

4A Games update Metro Exodus, new engine, Ray Tracing GPU now required

Soldato
to my knowledge this is the first game that says you need hardware ray tracing acceleration to run it - there is no ray tracing off/rasterization fall back option. For those who don't meet the minimum spec, you won't be able to run the update
Not that it really matters but this is not the first game that requires ray tracing to run. Though I do believe its the first triple AAA game to require ray tracing as a minimum. There have been some indi games like Stay in the Light that are not only built with ray tracing as a minimum spec but also have ray tracing as a core part of the gameplay.

Stay in the Light – Ray Traced Horror (sunsidegames.com) Looks like it is now a free download?

Soldato
Exodus is a great game. I played it on my GTX 1080 but couldn't push the higher settings. Then got a 2080S and planned to play through it again but never did! I've done both DLCs now on the 3080 and will wait for this new version to come out and get 5fps with the 3080 lol

Associate
Bought this game along with Redux for 20 euros in the Steam Xmas sale along with Control for 20e
So I'm playing Control now and loving it and then I guess I'll play Redux and by the time I am done I should be ready for Metro Exodus in all it's glory.
I <3 Gaming :D

Associate
Exodus... I enjoyed it a lot, but I totally prefer the first two. I loved the idea of a devastated planet with people being able to survive only indoors, also the ghosts you could see in the tunnels, the dark ones, etc. Then I saw that people were everywhere and I was a bit "meh".

I agree, the atmosphere just isn't the same. Still very good as you say.

I'll definitely give it another play after this update but having a 6800 XT I don't expect it to perform well.

Associate
Might as well clearly state RTX 2080, 2080Ti, 3070 and 3080 as minimum requirement becuase outside of these, RT is just pants on this title anyway :p.

Caporegime
Looks great! And it runs better than the old gen version :eek:

AMD cards not doing too badly in ray tracing perf. either, was expecting them to buckle big time. Surprised they didn't show perf. with dlss on though.... DLSS 2.0/2.1 showing why it is better than native once again too.

Soldato
OP
In the FAQ released today for the new Metro Exodus upgrade, the developer put up an answer to a curious question

Will Metro Exodus be upgraded to support AMD's Super Resolution Feature?

tldr answer: No, AMD's Fidelity Super Resolution technique is incompatible with our game's rendering pipeline and from what we've seen Unreal Engine's existing TAA upscaler already offers the same image quality as Super Resolution.

https://www.metrothegame.com/en-us/news/the-metro-exodus-pc-enhanced-edition-arrives-may-6th/

Back
Top Bottom