• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah, I ended up going a half way house, I found the MX500 second hand and grabbed that instead.
Cheaper than the new one, albeit with lesser warranty, but because it has a much higher TBW than the BX500 (for not much more cash), its less likely to need it any, and should be more resilient :)

Associate
Anyone with a noisy ps5 notice it’s got quieter? Mine was well loud with this annoying coil whining sound and although it’s still buzzing when in game the high pitch sound has gone, have I had too much whiskey?!? Are my ears blocked?!?

I was half tempted to ditch it but this is now actually manageable!

Soldato
Anyone with a noisy ps5 notice it’s got quieter? Mine was well loud with this annoying coil whining sound and although it’s still buzzing when in game the high pitch sound has gone, have I had too much whiskey?!? Are my ears blocked?!?

I was half tempted to ditch it but this is now actually manageable!
Mine buzzes during borderlands 3, but no other game. Strange. In any case it’s not audible when the volume is normal on my tv.

Soldato
I just want to go on Amazon and pre order one for it to turn up at my house when my order gets allocated stock. I'm sick of this now.
i dont understand why this isnt happening

they could filter the scalpers/multiple buys out of the preorder lists while we wait and also would scalpers really want to risk it when for all they know the next big delivery could fill the orders and leave them holding consoles .

the way it works now the bots/scalpers get most of the consoles and then can name their price .

surely better for their servers too :p an ocuk competitor has 200 consoles incoming and 6000+ viewing the site

Last edited:
Soldato
Not heard a peep out of my PS5 - well except from the disc spinning up every 30 minutes or so (which some people seem to think is an "end of the world" situation).
Certainly none of this "whine" or fans making any noise.

Soldato
Got a weird problem with the PS5 we have 2 accounts mine been the plus and a 2nd for my son .

Some downloads stop at 10-15% on both accounts only certain games not all and give the "connection error" this is on VM, BT and mobile data wifi and wired . We have reset the PS5 and get same error this is to both internal and usb drive ,networks tests show its fine

Any ideas ?

Soldato
Got a weird problem with the PS5 we have 2 accounts mine been the plus and a 2nd for my son .

Some downloads stop at 10-15% on both accounts only certain games not all and give the "connection error" this is on VM, BT and mobile data wifi and wired . We have reset the PS5 and get same error this is to both internal and usb drive ,networks tests show its fine

Any ideas ?
I get that as well. I generally just resume it as and when or I leave it overnight. The PS5 can throttle my network when downloading as well so we can't use tablets to browse etc. It's always done it. Using BT fibre. Hoping some future firmware update will fix it as the PS4 never had any problems.

Caporegime
Question - does a 4k 120hz tv that supports hdr10+ exist?

Is HDR10+ worth holding out for or is standard HDR10 when coupled with an oled panel sufficiently good for this current crop of consoles?

Gonna be investing in a new TV soon. Thinking LG CX6 but put off by older HDR10 spec. Am I worrying about nothing?

Panasonic and Samsung generally do iirc. HDR10+ is not well supported atm though, I don't even think PS5 does unless it's added in an update.

HDR10+ was HDR10's answer to Dolby Vision's dynamic metadata. In HDR10 the settings for HDR are set at the beginning of the video and do not change, dynamic metadata allows the settings to change on a frame by frame basis.

Last edited:
Soldato
I get that as well. I generally just resume it as and when or I leave it overnight. The PS5 can throttle my network when downloading as well so we can't use tablets to browse etc. It's always done it. Using BT fibre. Hoping some future firmware update will fix it as the PS4 never had any problems.

Thanks for reply

We tried that downloads never restart just red ! next to them even on restart .

Soldato
Making me glad I didn't get on the train a few months ago, got a few firmware updates already under the belt, and comparative wait for any future updates won't be as long as you guys!

Loving the relative noise difference compared to my PS4 though; that used to sound like a jet engine after a short while gaming, especially as mine lived in a media cabinet, these PS5 seem much quieter overall.

Soldato
I sent my PS5 to Sony for repair on the 3rd. It was received on the 6th and Sony finally acknowledged it on the 10th. Still not had an update since they confirmed they are looking at it.

Based on previous experience with Microsoft I'd say they are much better when it comes to time frames and communication

Soldato
Making me glad I didn't get on the train a few months ago, got a few firmware updates already under the belt, and comparative wait for any future updates won't be as long as you guys!

Loving the relative noise difference compared to my PS4 though; that used to sound like a jet engine after a short while gaming, especially as mine lived in a media cabinet, these PS5 seem much quieter overall.
But you do appreciate that it is a tiny, tiny percentage of people having any kind of PS5 issues?
A vocal minority on a few forums doesn't make for any indication there are any significant issues with the device.

Soldato
i dont understand why this isnt happening

they could filter the scalpers/multiple buys out of the preorder lists while we wait and also would scalpers really want to risk it when for all they know the next big delivery could fill the orders and leave them holding consoles .

the way it works now the bots/scalpers get most of the consoles and then can name their price .

surely better for their servers too :p an ocuk competitor has 200 consoles incoming and 6000+ viewing the site

I imagine one reason is that people would pre-order one each from everywhere, then cancel the rest as soon as the first retailer to get stock ships them out. You could end up with retailers showing thousands of potential orders then having huge numbers of them cancelled.

Soldato
Of course I do, but there are usually a few teething niggles (hardware and software) at the beginning of a gen, and I'm glad to see some of them being crushed already (such as the PS4/PS5 software version confusion), and some talks of hard freezes which seem to have been resolved/hearing less about.

I realise it'll be something not everyone gets, but it's always a nicer experience to walk in a few months down the line once the initial glaring 'oops'/beta software/mistakes have been resolved, and sometimes they can make minor hardware revisions even within the first few production runs to resolve minor niggles, that don't justify a model number change. Phones are exactly the same. Usually perform way better after a few firmware updates comparatively to the initial release.

I am already impressed by the difference in noise having looked at a lot of comparisons etc; as the PS4 gets to the point it is noticeable under my AV kit and surround sound, like a bloody hoover haha, I'm sure I'll be even happier once my external SSD turns up so I have somewhere to keep all my PS4 games :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom