• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 6800 (XT) Owners Thread.

Caporegime
Which countries does the AMD Store ship to?
  • US, Canada, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, and Sweden
  • We are temporarily unable to process shipments to the United Kingdom.
nVidia don't seem to be having trouble shipping to the UK. Why does it not surprise me that AMD can't manage the same.

Guess that means no MBA 6800s or 6800XTs for UK people.

Associate
nVidia don't seem to be having trouble shipping to the UK. Why does it not surprise me that AMD can't manage the same.

Guess that means no MBA 6800s or 6800XTs for UK people.
Nvidia have a bigger supply chain and more money to cut through red tape. AMD arnt the only ones struggling to get stuff to the UK. Can't even ship from Germany ATM with DHL or dpd etc. It's a mess ATM.

Caporegime
Just on this, seems like the 3070 is a really unbalanced card - doesn't necessarily have the VRAM to fully utilise certain scenarios.
A wise 3070 owner saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. :D

Was that when I told you my 3070 has the body of 8pack with Mr Muscle's legs?:D

When the 3070 gets to 7.5gb+ it can be all over the place, it's not pretty at times, even on old titles like COD WWII.

For a card with the gpu performance of a 2080ti, having to turn down settings is pretty poor-but it was a 3070 or nothing due to availability, I new what I was getting into.

@TNA Matter of when not if for the 3080, pm me your address and I'll post you some lube.:p

Soldato
With regards to the AMD UK Shop issue.. I've been told the following by a Reddit

"The main reason some suppliers are not shipping electronics to the UK right now is not down to Brexit or shipping delays, it's because of changes to customs payments that have been in the works for a while now.

Everyone in Europe knows the usual way of buying things from abroad; you get hit with unpredictable customs charges when your item arrives in your country, often with the courier slapping a painful 'administration' fee on top. There's also a lot of abuse from sellers (particularly in China) who mark a low value on the package to dodge customs charges.

This system is known as Delivery at Place (DAP).

Some time back the EU decided to require businesses shipping into the EU to use another system, Delivery Duty Paid (DDP). Under DDP the seller you're buying from deducts all taxes and duties at the checkout and pays them directly to the authorities in your country.

A lot of suppliers already offer DDP; when I buy electronic components from the US or PCBs from China, my suppliers use DDP and I just pay one price, with taxes going directly to the customs agency (HMRC) here in the UK. They've been offering DDP for a long time, it's nothing new.

The UK agreed to require DDP back when it was an EU member, and implemented that change on 1st January 2021 - HMRC seemed to figure that Brexit necessitated a lot of IT changes for businesses, so that was a good time to change the customs arrangements, too.

Some companies were obviously not keeping up and have had to stop shipments to the UK while they change their systems. But the EU is switching to DDP in April, so sellers really do need to get those changes done fairly quickly.

tl;dr - no, it's not Brexit or COVID. AMD or whoever runs their shop for them is asleep at the wheel and need to update their systems quickly."

I'm fairly sure it's Digital River who are responsible.

Back
Top Bottom