Need some advice for adding a new NVME M.2 and installing / uninstalling windows

Associate
Hi all,

I am currently upgrading my pc bit by bit and i have a new NVME m.2 drive i want to install to use as my boot drive and also install my games onto. I am currently running a 1tb HDD and 120gb ssd which is currently my boot drive. What i want to do is a fresh wipe of my pc and install windows onto the new nvme drive. Is it possible to install windows on my new drive and just deleting it off of the other one or does it not work like that? I am pretty sure i have windows installed onto my hdd still from when i upgraded to the ssd. Can i just install onto the NVME and then reformat the other 2 drives, would that clear them? i only really want them for storage.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Man of Honour
Then unplug all your current drives, connect your new one, and with only that one plugged in, install Windows. After successful install, reconnect your old drives and then do with them as you will.

Associate
OP
Then unplug all your current drives, connect your new one, and with only that one plugged in, install Windows. After successful install, reconnect your old drives and then do with them as you will.

So if i reformat both of them it will remove windows?

Permabanned
Why do you not just clone your old SSD to the new one? That would be faster and easier than installing it all again.

Back
Top Bottom