Euro Truck Simulator 2 worthy of purchase

Soldato
Thinking of getting back into this after about 3 years off, but getting it all set up again seems a bit daunting... what are the currrent advice/ must haves?

Ive got:
  • France
  • Scandinavia
  • Baltic
  • Italy
  • going east

Iberia looks good -would want to use Promod and rusmap

Soldato
Just reintalled it and downloading promods now - is rusmap still worth having or is it not worth bothering with?
Its remembered my account profile (steam version) so thats good, i'm not starting from scatch with no money or trucks :)

Soldato
Yeah Rusmap is still good. I have slimmed my maps down to Promods, Rusmap, and the Great Steppe now.

https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=10186 Rusmap version 2.3.1 for 1.39.

Load order for recommended maps: https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=29618 Southern Region does work on 1.39, but you will need Arayas's fix for it. I have it I can zip up if you cannot find it.

Promods, Rusmap and Southern Region I would say are the big 3 now. EAA is very good as well (South America) there used to be a bus mod for it where you could pick up passengers and use busses but I have not seen that for years now.

Soldato
NIce, thanks for the tip, I want to try and keep the mod list simple(hahaha!) this time round as I think last time I had so many mods installed it became unmanagable.

I think I had great steppe before and rusmap, so once I'm happy promods is ok ill look at those.

I think I had an Iceland map too, but cant remenber what it's called, or if it's still compatible, that was fun.

Soldato
I really fancy grabbing the Iberia official DLC when its out, but i'm guessing that will break the current version of promods? (probably a rhetorical question, lol!)

Soldato
Did they ever sort out the truck sounds? One of the recent updates completely broke it so your engine went from barely audible idle to screeching like a banshee with nothing in between.

Soldato
Do any of you do anything to add that extra touch to playing this game? I've recently started doing paperwork for the jobs I do. It adds more immersion, gives me a way to track what jobs I've done and for something that takes maybe a minute before starting a job, I enjoy it. I only fill it out once a trailer has been connected and disconnected, so it isn't like it even takes a lot of effort. I've posted an example sheet filled out below and a link to the Excel file if you wanted to have a look.

The job number is just made up, I calculate price+distance and use that as a job number.
Also due to WoT contracts using real time, I set it up as a full 24 hour in game for delivery (job no. 12850 was WoT job). If it went over that time though, I'd just extend it to 48 hour delivery slot.

sGxzRYth.jpg

Link to spreadsheet

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
Can any one who plays online explain some thing to me, ive been dabbling with online play for a couple of weeks now, & i've experimented with various axle, engine, gearbox configurations, yet i'm limited to 56 mph no matter what i do how ever, i've been passed by trucks clearly travelling a good 10 mph or more faster than that, what am i missing?, is there some magic combination i just haven't hit on yet despite having a pair of trucks with the most powerful engines in game ( 750 bhp Volvo & 730 bhp Scania ) because i'de love to know as it's getting downright depressing.

Don
Can any one who plays online explain some thing to me, ive been dabbling with online play for a couple of weeks now, & i've experimented with various axle, engine, gearbox configurations, yet i'm limited to 56 mph no matter what i do how ever, i've been passed by trucks clearly travelling a good 10 mph or more faster than that, what am i missing?, is there some magic combination i just haven't hit on yet despite having a pair of trucks with the most powerful engines in game ( 750 bhp Volvo & 730 bhp Scania ) because i'de love to know as it's getting downright depressing.

Isn’t it because you have the speed limiter ticked in options?

Underboss
Playing through the latest beta, interior lights are very dim but the sunsets/rises look nice.

Missing the mods though so may have revert and get some mods downloaded.

Back
Top Bottom