are those ketter type sheds better than wood ones?

Associate
ours fell apart this year which was wood and im thinking of buying one of these plastic ones which i see around but thought i would ask if anyones got any experience with them?

Associate
hi, got one from the rainforest on prime day a good few years ago, does the job required of it and doesn't rot like wood so I'm happy with it.

Associate
OP
thanks, that sounds like a good way to go then as our shed which was wood as been up for a number of years with many rep[airs lol but this year it just couldn't handle it lol

Soldato
The plastic ones are ok but don’t expect them to be secure. I had one which I padlocked and subsequently broke a key in the padlock. Took me about 30 seconds to break into it...

Associate
A neighbour bought one a and didn't follow the small novel sized instruction book. Don't even think about doing this on your own, you'll probably need three people, and wind is a big no no.
Wood is a great medium as it's easy to work with, easy to repair and easy to find spare bits - Chinese made plastic - impossible to find replacement parts and I think it was quite difficult to assemble.

Caporegime
If you have a proper base. Treated sleepers at the bottom. A shed should last 20+ years.

Only if it's in direct contact with water through the ground will it rot quickly.

Soldato
Recently purchased a 8x8 Keter shed and assembled it on my own, on a wet windy day. Wasn't fun...

They are alright, and solid enough once up. However, they're not secure. You could cut through the wall with a screwdriver. Next time, I'd buy a wooden one.

They look nice and are fairly simple to assemble.

Soldato
I had two of the Ketter boxes and they were really good and weather tight. However the security was poor, it just unclips together with a couple of screws. Didnt take much just to lift it all apart.

I would recommend Asgard sheds, just had mine delivered and its miles above the Ketter boxes. They are a bit more pricey but they are more secure and sturdy.

Associate
As an actual 'full size' shed, I'd say wood. For a smaller storage box, but low value items, Keter plastic are OK. Just. I have a BBQ, garden chairs, brooms, kids toys, a cycle carrier, etc in mine. Not locked, as others have said, it's pointless.

I've recently erected my second Keter and the quality is not as good as my first one which I got from Costco a few years ago. The plastic is more brittle and it doesn't seem as solid. Plus the metal support strip that goes across the back was too long and I actually had to cut about an inch off and then re-drill the screw holes.

I actually bought it from Amazon last November but several of the panels were damaged. Amazon say to refer to manufacturers, which I did. After much waiting Keter finally replied mid-December and said they'd send me replacement panels, but couldn't say when.

Fast forward to last week and I still didn't have the replacement panels. The shed has been in pieces in my garage the whole time.

The return window from Amazon was about to close, so I initiated a replacement with them. After initially saying they'd collect the old one, the agent changed their tune (after looking at the dimensions I presume) and said I had to organise the return.

I ensured to get it in writing that Amazon was going to cover the cost as I knew it was going to be expensive.

After much looking around for a carrier that would collect a 28kg parcel of 151x88x28, I ended up with Parcelforce for £68! Amazon have refunded me, but be warned. If you buy online and any parts are delivered broken (which is likely), Keter will ignore you and you may have to go through what I did sending it back.

Back
Top Bottom