What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
I'm starting these over the weekend, any good,?

The capture
The missing

:)

The Capture, a swing and a miss.
The Missing, the saving grace was Tchéky Karyo as Julienne Baptiste, he tried valiantly in both series 1 and 2, but his efforts were wasted IMO, give both series a miss, but watch out for anything with Tchéky in it.

Soldato
A few people commented how good Ted Lasso was, I'm about 7eps in and have to say I agree. It's pretty simple, cheesy in places and a little predictable, but it's (so far) just a good, 'feel good' TV show.

I don't really see how Apple TV is going to compete with the other services though when it's so hard to watch. I can't watch it on Android (well, I guess I can use a browser), I can't cast it to my Chromecast, I can't install the app on my Samsun or Sony TV...

Soldato
I am being forced to watch Married At First Sight Australia. And being told off for frequent swearing at the sheer pointlessness of it all.

The only reality TV I rate is Fed Dibnah.
All the dramas, rows, fights and psycho bitches in it. It's tragic TV that's why it's watchable. Cyclone Cyrell the Asian nut job and the dumb rich spoiled blonde. They're all crazy.

Soldato
A few people commented how good Ted Lasso was, I'm about 7eps in and have to say I agree. It's pretty simple, cheesy in places and a little predictable, but it's (so far) just a good, 'feel good' TV show.

I don't really see how Apple TV is going to compete with the other services though when it's so hard to watch. I can't watch it on Android (well, I guess I can use a browser), I can't cast it to my Chromecast, I can't install the app on my Samsun or Sony TV...

I just got a year’s free Apple TV with a new iPhone but nowhere to watch it but on the phone.

Man of Honour
I don’t think that I’ll watch the next one, but while idly channel surfing the other night, I landed on “22 kids and counting.”
A couple in Morecambe, Lancs have 22 kids!
I expected it to be about a Northern Wayne and Waynetta, milking the welfare teat, but they were a nice, well spoken couple, he owned his own bakery, (which was suffering due to lockdown), and she was a full time mum, naturally, and the kids were all sparkling clean and well nourished.
It brought me up short after my initial preconception/misconception, but can you imagine the laundry, ironing, and meal times?
I’ve since learned that one of the elder girls, Chloe 19, has recently given birth too, here we go again!

Associate
The app, on his phone... which is still the only place he can watch it?

I just think Apple's restricted ways really don't help them. Especially when it comes to something like a TV Streaming service. Why would they want to restrict it like they do?!

My mistake. I thought he was struggling to find it on his iPhone.

You can get a Firestick and install the App to watch it on a normal TV. Not sure it is worth it though. I have been underwhelmed.

Soldato
Massively impressed with the catalogue Disney+ has added under the Star brand, some really great stuff both old and new(er). If Prime Video wasn’t included with Amazon Prime I’d ditch it now, plenty on Netflix plus Disney, and the odd thing that’s just on Sky can usually get a cheap deal or just subscribe for 1 month.

Associate
Just finished The Uncanny Counter on Netflix.
Haven't enjoyed a show so much in a long time.
It's a Korean show (subtitle haters should stay away) about demon slayers who run a noodle shop.

A fair mix of comedy and action.

Really good story with lots of twists.

Also had one of the weirdest final episode of a series I have ever seen!

Back
Top Bottom