Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Soldato
OP
Well last 24 hours has been busy, did some fluid changes and undersealed the whole SRT8 with Lanoguard...

Oil that came out of the two diffs and transfer case was all good and in solid condition... whether it had ever been changed is another question and I can't see in any receipts it has... so rather than take a chance, just get it all done myself. Also, slapped 16 new Iridium Spark Plugs in as well so Big Ern is puring!

wAgWfOX.jpg

3mbnigU.jpg

7578COY.jpg

GvU8fp7.jpg

Soldato
Well last 24 hours has been busy, did some fluid changes and undersealed the whole SRT8 with Lanoguard...

Oil that came out of the two diffs and transfer case was all good and in solid condition... whether it had ever been changed is another question and I can't see in any receipts it has... so rather than take a chance, just get it all done myself. Also, slapped 16 new Iridium Spark Plugs in as well so Big Ern is puring!

wAgWfOX.jpg

3mbnigU.jpg

7578COY.jpg

GvU8fp7.jpg

Thought you'd miscounted there, so had to Google. Did not not hemi engines use 2 per cylinder.

Caporegime

wAgWfOX.jpg

3mbnigU.jpg

7578COY.jpg

GvU8fp7.jpg

Good work, first thing I always do, gearbox oil, diff etc plus brake fluid, clutch fluid and coolant.

Many cars have likely not had any of these fluids dropped previously...

Soldato
OP
Looking good, when you say detailing, are you just using a paintbrush or is it some sort of vinyl sticker?
Stickers and I'l be detailing all the black bits this week and just getting it all tidy in the engine bay. Hate oil and dirty... not good for my OCD lol.

@pugheaven any news on the remap, or did I miss a post?
Well they came back out today and removed the remap as it showed zero improvement which is bad really as a lot of people would simply think they have more power and the placebo effect kicks in. Only reason I know is there was basiclaly no difference on a dyno and more importantly under my foot. if I can't tell the difference and then a dyno number backup, refund time lol

Also, while I think on, checked the MPG as couldnt' find it and it's doing around 15mpg... that's not thrashing everywhere though... reckon if I was, it'd be probably single figures tbh!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, being detailed at the minute and the wheels considering how they looked originally and how they're now looking... post 2 coats of SiRamik HR ceramic protector and polishing... the guy said the stains were due to crap acidic cleaners used either in hand washes or in cheap products. However, now they're all ceramic coated, maintenence should be easy!!! So basically clean off, then buff and polish then 2 coats of ceramic to finish... sounds easy...

However the difference is unbelivable as I couldn't get these stains off the wheels!!!

BEFORE:
R62549w.jpg

DURING:
CunHD7G.jpg

10B0uAi.jpg

Caporegime

wAgWfOX.jpg

3mbnigU.jpg

7578COY.jpg

GvU8fp7.jpg

Great job. You mask everything up like all the nuts and stuff before using the Lanoguard? I bet that took you ages?

Soldato
OP
Great job. You mask everything up like all the nuts and stuff before using the Lanoguard? I bet that took you ages?
Nope, it goes on everything, nuts, brackets, rubber piping absolutel everything under the car including control arms and suspension etc as it helps those things not degrade. Only thing we didnt' put it on was the exhaust for obvious reasons. However, everything else think coating. 2 hours worth of work... sprays on pretty easy and because it's a spray it gets in all the nooks and crannies. The one thing I may do is use the thicker grease for things like brake lines and add a little more on during summer ready for winter months. Checked underneath since doing it and it cures kinda like a think wax that you have to scratch to remove... fingers crossed it works. First major test will be this time next year when I do it again and see how it's reacted.

Caporegime
Nope, it goes on everything, nuts, brackets, rubber piping absolutel everything under the car including control arms and suspension etc as it helps those things not degrade. Only thing we didnt' put it on was the exhaust for obvious reasons. However, everything else think coating. 2 hours worth of work... sprays on pretty easy and because it's a spray it gets in all the nooks and crannies. The one thing I may do is use the thicker grease for things like brake lines and add a little more on during summer ready for winter months. Checked underneath since doing it and it cures kinda like a think wax that you have to scratch to remove... fingers crossed it works. First major test will be this time next year when I do it again and see how it's reacted.

Thanks. Only reason i thought you had is that every nut in your first picture hasnt been coated with the stuff so thought your had masked them off or something lol

Soldato
OP
Detailing was completed yesterday! Single stage paint enhancement and protection with SiRamik APT system. Base layer of HR and top coated with Ultima ceramic coatings. Wheels off decontamination and polish followed by protection with 2 coats of SiRamik HR. Interior cleaned and protected with SiRamik ICL and Gtechniq Smartfabric.

The paintwork is like glass now to the touch. Unfortunatley I had to drive him home in the rain and it's now covered in much and I can't wash it for 7 days reccomended. Then it'll be two bucket washing... 1). Jet Wash, 2). Foam soak then Jet Wash, 3). PH Neutral Shampoo 3). Jet wash off 4). buff off water and never have to wax again :)

Not bad for 11 years old hey!

oAM85YO.jpg

qzWZESq.jpg

WplM74x.jpg

curK74G.jpg

i4ZgroS.jpg

fYOJnoO.jpg

Back
Top Bottom