Ergonomic/Vertical Mouse for office & gaming

Associate
At present I am using a vertical mouse which appears to be made by a company called DeLUX (no idea - work provided it). I'm assuming it's very cheap and (not particularly) cheerful - the build quality is poor and the buttons are starting to fail. But - it is quite comfortable given that I use it all day every day and don't suffer from any wrist ache as I used to with a more traditional 'flat' mouse.

As it's on it's last legs - I'm looking to replace it and ideally want a vertical or ergonomic (or at least not flat) mouse which would be suitable for work but also gaming - what would you guys recommend?

Man of Honour
Its not a vertical mouse but I've got an MX Master 3 which has a really nice shape for using all day; I've also got a Logitech G502 for gaming which is great for gaming but its not as comfortable to use all day.

Associate
OP
I like the look of the MX Master 3 - but not the price unfortunately :( Would that be suitable for 'mild' gaming? Looking around I also saw the Anker vertical mouse (at a much more attractive price point) - does anyone have experience of those?

Soldato
I like the look of the MX Master 3 - but not the price unfortunately :( Would that be suitable for 'mild' gaming? Looking around I also saw the Anker vertical mouse (at a much more attractive price point) - does anyone have experience of those?

Depends how you define "gaming". The MX Master series has a completely different set of design priorities to gaming mice. The money has gone in to ergonomics and useful productivity functions, rather than sensor accuracy and latency reduction. It's also very heavy compared to typical gaming mice.

Will this matter? In single player games like Tomb Raider and Cyberpunk, probably not. In RTS, again probably not. In competitive FPS games? Almost certainly yes. Personally, I'm considering one for my next mouse as I don't play competitive shooters (or much multiplayer at all, really).

Soldato
At present I am using a vertical mouse which appears to be made by a company called DeLUX (no idea - work provided it). I'm assuming it's very cheap and (not particularly) cheerful - the build quality is poor and the buttons are starting to fail. But - it is quite comfortable given that I use it all day every day and don't suffer from any wrist ache as I used to with a more traditional 'flat' mouse.

As it's on it's last legs - I'm looking to replace it and ideally want a vertical or ergonomic (or at least not flat) mouse which would be suitable for work but also gaming - what would you guys recommend?

There's a few true vertical mice on the market. The Logitech MX Vertical is one. They are not cheap, but you are asking for a niche product, and a quality one from the likes of Logitech should last years and be an investment in your ergonomic setup.

There are much cheaper versions from different companies, and in fact here's a list of Seven Vertical Mice.

Man of Honour

Not cheap but very good quality; I used mine for gaming for long enough before I bought a dedicated one when I sorted my gaming rig at Christmas,

Associate
OP
Just a quick update - as luck would have it I came across the Trust Rexx GXT144 for £21. It's a near vertical ergonomic shape which means it's really comforatble for work and sufficiently 'gaming' to meet my limited needs - so all in all very pleased :)

Back
Top Bottom