Valheim

Soldato
Are you on bronze armour, have the stag breaker and also a fine bow?
I have the pick axe if that's what you mean and managed to get a tiny bit of copper then died.
None of the others though and no option to build it.
That's the trouble all this stuff and I don't know it exists so don't know what to look for.
You should be able to see all recipes so you can search for what you need.

I have leather armour, basic bow, flint knife and a basic shield.

Soldato
I've been clearing out some of the plains and eliminating the foreign fuling hoard from my lands :D

The best or most efficient way of killing fuling I've found so far, is Needle arrows + huntsman bow and sniping them from long range. You can get a huge sneak bonus 250-300 damage per shot with long range archery against them, some of them are instagibbed on the first arrow. For the ones that come after me and get close, full iron armour / tower shield and the iron sword seem best. Although the 2x star Fuling will almost kill you in one hit, so I tend to keep a distance and snipe with the bow where possible. I play more like a cold blooded murderer, rather than a warrior :p

For Deathsquitos (which you need for needle arrows) I use poison resistant mead + a simple sword, and it's just timing. Also - Lox meat + sausages + carrot soup, for good HP/Stamina ratio.

Soldato
Yes I am using the Pi 4 8GB. It is running really well. We have 4 people using it. I am using an M2 SATA that is connected to the USB 3 port. When you make the build of windows you need to dig into the system32/drivers folder. Delete uaspstor.sys and then copy USBSTOR.sys. Rename that copied USBSTOR.sys to uaspstor.sys. The second thing you need to do is flash your firmware on the Pi. To do that you need to update eeprom using the Pi software. You put that on an SD, put it in the Pi, boot it and you will get a green screen when it is done. That will then allow you to USB boot.

Other things to do are enable the 8GB (by disabling the 3GB limit) in the “bios”. Then move the USB boot order up so you don’t have to wait for it to check other sources for the boot files before it gets to USB.

Depending on the version of windows you are using you may find when you put the Ethernet in it doesn’t work or you get a BSOD. That means it needs a driver update for the Ethernet which you can get from the Windows on Raspberry discord.

Finally if you are over clocking it then I would set that up before you attach the M2 to the Pi. After I’ve built the windows (using WoR, ntlite and neon 3 (I kept edge so I can download things from the net)) I do the USB fix in system32 and then edit the config.txt to add the clock. Mine is running at 2.25GHz.

I’m running the dedicated server from steamcmd rather than steam directly.
I need to change ownership on the USBSTOR files.

I did read up about it and it wasnt clear what was supposed to be done.

it took a while to even figure out what they really meant as all they said(on the discord pi windows) that i need to replace the uapstor with USBSTOR. they did not make it clear that you should delete the uapstor and then cop the USBSTOR and with the copied one, rename it to uapstor!

what inside build version are u using?

what m.2 adapter are you also using? i am using some generic one from the rainforest that jas jmicro drivers i believe, same with the argon m.2 case i have too and i heard this kind of adapter has issues.

what one do you use? feel free to send me a trust message if not allowed to send a link here

Soldato
I have the pick axe if that's what you mean and managed to get a tiny bit of copper then died.
None of the others though and no option to build it.
That's the trouble all this stuff and I don't know it exists so don't know what to look for.
You should be able to see all recipes so you can search for what you need.

I have leather armour, basic bow, flint knife and a basic shield.
Stag breaker is a weapon with an area of effect capability when you use it. It will knock back all the greydrawfs. If you haven’t got bronze armour then troll armour is a good step. You need a bow, lots of fire arrows (take some normal and/or flint arrows as well). You can get the troll to knock down fine wood trees as well which can help unlock the fine bow.

Soldato
I need to change ownership on the USBSTOR files.

I did read up about it and it wasnt clear what was supposed to be done.

it took a while to even figure out what they really meant as all they said(on the discord pi windows) that i need to replace the uapstor with USBSTOR. they did not make it clear that you should delete the uapstor and then cop the USBSTOR and with the copied one, rename it to uapstor!

what inside build version are u using?

what m.2 adapter are you also using? i am using some generic one from the rainforest that jas jmicro drivers i believe, same with the argon m.2 case i have too and i heard this kind of adapter has issues.

what one do you use? feel free to send me a trust message if not allowed to send a link here
Yes you need to take ownership of the files to do this.

I am using build 21318 this does have the Ethernet issue and so will need a driver update otherwise you will bsod when you connect it to a network cable.

When I connect it to my pc I drop it into one of the M2 slots as I don’t have an adapter. For the Pi I have an Argon One m2 case so I put it in that and connect it to the USB.

Soldato
Stag breaker is a weapon with an area of effect capability when you use it. It will knock back all the greydrawfs. If you haven’t got bronze armour then troll armour is a good step. You need a bow, lots of fire arrows (take some normal and/or flint arrows as well). You can get the troll to knock down fine wood trees as well which can help unlock the fine bow.
Where do you find a troll?

I think a good step would be to move my main house much closer to the forest so I don't have a 10 minute walk each time.
Going to take so long to move everything I have about 8 chests full.

Soldato
Where do you find a troll?

I think a good step would be to move my main house much closer to the forest so I don't have a 10 minute walk each time.
Going to take so long to move everything I have about 8 chests full.
They are in the Black Forest but usually I find them around the coast areas. They will chase you so you need to fire and move. Go far enough away then they will stop chasing you. When they swing they can take out trees. Be careful if you do move the house. Make sure it still says meadows in the corner of the map. If it says black Forest then you have another level of raids happening on you from trolls, skeletons etc.

When you break down something ie a tanning rack do you get back all the ingredients so you can rebuild it?
Yes you will get that back. I think the only things that are lost from disassembly are consumables like resin or wood in fires or lights (can’t remember the name of them in game)

Soldato
Great will do that next.

There really does need to be a recipe list on game, our just some way of seeing the next step for weapons and armour.

Soldato
Finally managed to get complete Iron Armour and refine my Iron Sword to level 4! Damn the thing is a beast, quick, doesn't drain too much stamina compared to mace anyway. Cuts down enemies easily.

Need to take down Bonemass now and start minin some silver on the mountains.

Soldato
Great will do that next.

There really does need to be a recipe list on game, our just some way of seeing the next step for weapons and armour.

I just followed the birds messages, took me roughly where I needed to go and what to kill. Only thing i looked up was what weapon was best to kill skeletons, that lead me to the two handed mallet which lead me to core wood. Next big step after that was successfully doing a dungeon where I found the glowing cubes, that lead me to kilns, forges, bronze and tin (Having already found copper when looking for a dungeon). Had half troll armour and half leather for most of the time, just killed my second troll so now I have two pieces of the armour. Not got much bronze yet, needed a bigger home, so built a new one over the top of my old one, that took quite a while.

This game is a lot simpler than something like Subnautica, without looking stuff up Subnautica would take months to find all the resources.

Make sure you are upgrading your weapons and armour.

Associate
Done boss 2! Finally, went back to get my gear and he was still roaming around at the health I left him at. Almost died on return as I was weak, but survived and ducked and dived to take him out.

Do you only keep one of the powers you get from the bosses?

I seem to have lost the Stamina one, but have the new wood cutting one.. or can you switch between them without going back to the place where you hang them?

Man of Honour
Done boss 2! Finally, went back to get my gear and he was still roaming around at the health I left him at. Almost died on return as I was weak, but survived and ducked and dived to take him out.

Do you only keep one of the powers you get from the bosses?

I seem to have lost the Stamina one, but have the new wood cutting one.. or can you switch between them without going back to the place where you hang them?

You can switch them but have to go to the circle of stones to swap

Soldato
Finally managed to get complete Iron Armour and refine my Iron Sword to level 4! Damn the thing is a beast, quick, doesn't drain too much stamina compared to mace anyway. Cuts down enemies easily.

Need to take down Bonemass now and start minin some silver on the mountains.
Bonemass is weak to Mace so you may want to Lv4 that before taking him on :p

Back
Top Bottom