Do you think it is worth it to become Microsoft Azure and 365 certified?

Soldato
I'm considering trying to take some exams to improve my knowledge and make my CV look a little better. Since Azure is going to be hosting my next project I thought doing some exams for that would be good and as I use Microsoft 365 for my business already it would also help me with that side of things.

Do you think these exams are worth it?

Soldato
OP
I got all excited because apparently you can take these exams online and at home but you need some special software to do it. Unfortunately, because I run Linux as my main operating system the only way I can use Windows 10 Pro is through a virtual machine and that isn't supported by the exam software. Not sure what to do. I can't switch back to Windows 10 as too much of my work requires Linux and I can't really go to the exam centres to take the exam either. I will be getting a new laptop at some point which I'd be happy to run Windows 10 Pro on but for the time being I guess I won't be able to do the exams.

Man of Honour
How can you do an exam at home?

They use special sandbox software so that they know you're not clicking out of it, and they make you take a full 360 view of the room with a camera and then by video before beginning. They then watch you really quite hawkishly throughout, asking you to stop looking away from the screen if you do, or putting your hand to your face. If you do this too many times, or someone enters the room, the exam ends. Pretty good way of doing it IMO.

Soldato
They use special sandbox software so that they know you're not clicking out of it, and they make you take a full 360 view of the room with a camera and then by video before beginning. They then watch you really quite hawkishly throughout, asking you to stop looking away from the screen if you do, or putting your hand to your face. If you do this too many times, or someone enters the room, the exam ends. Pretty good way of doing it IMO.

ah that's clever

Associate
I'm currently on the AZ-900 Azure cloud Fundamentals, did the Microsoft Learn, and now doing it through Skyline Academy, as they go a bit more in depth, however I think I'll struggle with networking side of it... so might have to look at some Networking material

Man of Honour
I'm currently on the AZ-900 Azure cloud Fundamentals, did the Microsoft Learn, and now doing it through Skyline Academy, as they go a bit more in depth, however I think I'll struggle with networking side of it... so might have to look at some Networking material

The fundamentals is really quite simple. As long as you absorb the concepts and have an even basic background in IT you're golden. Source: I did a one day course at Microsoft's HQ, walked out of the auditorium straight in to the exam and passed. It depends on whether you're a good test taker, if you're like me then the Learn course is going to be OTT for what you require. That is of course off the back of having done quite a few other IT certs (CompTIA, Cisco, ITIL [yeah I know, I know! ]) so your mileage may vary depending on that too.

Associate
The fundamentals is really quite simple. As long as you absorb the concepts and have an even basic background in IT you're golden. Source: I did a one day course at Microsoft's HQ, walked out of the auditorium straight in to the exam and passed. It depends on whether you're a good test taker, if you're like me then the Learn course is going to be OTT for what you require. That is of course off the back of having done quite a few other IT certs (CompTIA, Cisco, ITIL [yeah I know, I know! ]) so your mileage may vary depending on that too.

I'm more of a practical person, I absolutely suck a theory, I'm currently working in the Aviation manufacturing industry, been here for roughly 10 years, before this I was.in 1st line IT support for Fujitsu before been made redundant.
I've now got a keen interest in getting back in IT hence the cloud certification..

I haz 4090!
Don
The fundamentals exam is really aimed at sales people who need to know juuuust enough of the terminology to schmooze with clients and win that initial pre-sales meeting. It doesn't really give you any insight into the platform from a technical perspective. You need to be flying through AZ-900 and moving on to AZ-104.

Associate
The fundamentals exam is really aimed at sales people who need to know juuuust enough of the terminology to schmooze with clients and win that initial pre-sales meeting. It doesn't really give you any insight into the platform from a technical perspective. You need to be flying through AZ-900 and moving on to AZ-104.

That's the plan, AZ-104 is my end goal

Back
Top Bottom