• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
I've been in a queue since 9:45ish... went from a 7min wait to a 30min wait then over an hour wait...

edit:

Bagged one!

Original one I was waiting in the queue for was sold out, so I tried adding another bundle and it said i had tried to order too many in a short space of time... So i waited what seemed like an eternity (probably one minute) and picked a bundle I didn't think people would go for (the one with the L t-shirt!) and i managed to check out and got the confirmation email!

The delivery options are quite poor though, both royal mail 48h or 24h delivery - I don't trust them enough to deliver a ps5! So i had to spring 19.99 for insured delivery...

Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.

edit 2: Just read the fine print for the 19.99 delivery and its royal mail too...

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been in the Game queue since 9am this morning. Eventually got in about an hour ago. The bundle I chose didn't seem to work (Spiderman and headset), as I would get to the payment page and it would timeout. Tested a couple different bundles and managed to get one with the 2 controllers and t shirt. Not ideal, but I guess I've got a spare controller now for my imaginary friend.

Associate
I've been in the Game queue since 9am this morning. Eventually got in about an hour ago. The bundle I chose didn't seem to work (Spiderman and headset), as I would get to the payment page and it would timeout. Tested a couple different bundles and managed to get one with the 2 controllers and t shirt. Not ideal, but I guess I've got a spare controller now for my imaginary friend.

With the apparent stick drift issues that are happening, having a second controller is a good move.

Associate
The stick drift issues appear to be the same as the "coil whine" issues around launch - i.e not at all widespread but if you look on Reddit - its across the board.

IGN I think did a poll recently about stick drift - hardly anyone reported having experienced it.

Caporegime
OK, so initial impressions of Astro playroom...

The DualSense along with the console truly makes this feel like a next generation experience. I was blown away by how good it is. I always had the hype down to the usual press “reviews” of being pure hyperbole, but it’s not, it’s legit.

I just hope that we get games in the future that feel as good to play and do all the cool things the pad can do.

It made me feel like a kid again, like those moments when I first booted my PS1 at Christmas and then when I bought my PS2 and saw the boot animation. I also got goosebumps on the level where you climb the TVs with the classic PlayStation boot up sounds.

Soldato

The DualSense along with the console truly makes this feel like a next generation experience. I was blown away by how good it is. I always had the hype down to the usual press “reviews” of being pure hyperbole, but it’s not, it’s legit.

I just hope that we get games in the future that feel as good to play and do all the cool things the pad can do.

It made me feel like a kid again, like those moments when I first booted my PS1 at Christmas and then when I bought my PS2 and saw the boot animation. I also got goosebumps on the level where you climb the TVs with the classic PlayStation boot up sounds.

I really enjoyed the time I have played this game.

BUT, its following playing this game that my pad developed a serious stick drift issue. Could be a coincidence but I haven't wanted to go back to it :(

Soldato

Glad to read you’ve finally bagged one and are enjoying it :)
Astro’s such a great introduction to the console and controller. Make sure you platinum it, great fun :D

Caporegime
Glad to read you’ve finally bagged one and are enjoying it :)
Astro’s such a great introduction to the console and controller. Make sure you platinum it, great fun :D

Yes maybe that has built the anticipation up to major hype levels lol.

And yes I am thinking about getting the platinum. I have loved getting the artifacts for the PlayStation, a real nostalgia trip.

Soldato
So I'm getting failed downloads on games again via wired and wireless using VM & BT get between 1-2gb down and it fails with a different error code each time . Just done a full system reset and the same happens again , I'm leaning towards a hardware problem as chances of 2 net connections been faulty are a bit remote.

Update
Rang Sony been advised to return to them as likely a hardware fault 10-20 work day turnaround

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom