SCUM The Game - Survival

Associate
Interesting, seems to have elements of Ark in there as well. Might well be a good mash of all survival games if it implements it well. Will keep an eye out for this one.

So from what you're saying, there's a pve element to this as well?

There are some elements of Ark although imo Scum does it a lot better, we used to play Ark.

Yes our server is PVE only.

We like searching buildings, bases, bunkers and places like that for loot, while shooting the puppets (zombie's). :D

Most things can be found if not there's quite a lot you can craft if you have the right components.

There's also quite a few vehicle's you can drive to get across the map its pretty large now and varied now.

I must say I wasn't sure about this type of game before I started playing but rather hooked now.

Last edited:
Associate
Do you still randomly spawn after dying then have to run for ages to meet up with your mates?

If you have (FP) fame points you can

1. Choose to respawn at your base where you setup your bed, this cost the most upto 100FP

2. Sector respawn which is what i use the most around 50FP

3. Random spawn and hope you get lucky.

Soldato
Does every server have all of the cars hoarded into some compound somewhere on the map still?

My son and I were both playing it quite a bit last year - until we got prank killed by someone claiming to be a friend, then mowing us down, stealing all our loot and our car. I spent weeks plotting my revenge, quietly following them around, watching what they did and where they camped. I found he was part of a team who had hoarded all the vehicles into one massive compound up in the north. After a long reccy of the place, I found that they'd left a weak spot where I could jump over their wall via a nearby outpost. Early one morning - while I knew their team didn't usually have anyone online, I launched a raid. It took about 2 hours to execute, but I destroyed all their cars, quads and tractors (so they randomly respawned on the map) except a couple I kept, and destroyed most of their compound - using the cars as explosives.

Was possibly the most satisfying thing I've ever done in a game.

This was on Europe 1. So was a pretty high profile server.

Last edited:
Soldato
I only play single player and decided to to give it another go after only spending a few hours in it before.
Fortunately its put me back where I left it before uninstalling but all my gear has disappeared except what I had on me. It was all in chests and they have gone too. Must have left the lights on my vehicle too as the battery is dead.

So pretty much starting from scratch as I can't remember much. Fortunately, I had an air drop nearby and remember these being good for various things. Got there and it had a counter with time to unlock. So I waited and waited as the countdown reduced (I know what you are thinking....). Just a few seconds to go and I would be able to get into the containers and start my restock.

So after the inevitable happened and I realised I didn't have my speakers on, I had nothing. Started in the same grid but because I forgot to check the map for my location, I have no idea where to look for my clothes and bag. I do of course now realise that I need to pick the locks of the containers.

Sigh. I've now edited the config file so no puppets spawn which will give me a chance to learn the game properly (pure survival now).
Still pressing the wrong buttons though and no idea how to have a wee as my bladder is full so I guess I'll just explode. Again.

Soldato
I picked this up without knowing much about it. Playing with a group of friends.

I'm pleasantly surprised. It's been quite fun working out mechanics. Lots of very deep systems.

Struggling with food at the moment. Found a few items for fishing so that's my next aim.

Associate
I only play single player and decided to to give it another go after only spending a few hours in it before.
Fortunately its put me back where I left it before uninstalling but all my gear has disappeared except what I had on me. It was all in chests and they have gone too. Must have left the lights on my vehicle too as the battery is dead.

So pretty much starting from scratch as I can't remember much. Fortunately, I had an air drop nearby and remember these being good for various things. Got there and it had a counter with time to unlock. So I waited and waited as the countdown reduced (I know what you are thinking....). Just a few seconds to go and I would be able to get into the containers and start my restock.

So after the inevitable happened and I realised I didn't have my speakers on, I had nothing. Started in the same grid but because I forgot to check the map for my location, I have no idea where to look for my clothes and bag. I do of course now realise that I need to pick the locks of the containers.

Sigh. I've now edited the config file so no puppets spawn which will give me a chance to learn the game properly (pure survival now).
Still pressing the wrong buttons though and no idea how to have a wee as my bladder is full so I guess I'll just explode. Again.

For a wee, poo etc hold the Tab key till the action wheel comes up and select what you want to do.

Back
Top Bottom