*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
Can also use an app like WiFi analyser on a mobile device.

Had issue few years ago with wifi. Channel 6 showed no one using it but i always had massive issues with it. WiFi analyzers etc showed nothing but one day decided to run the spectrum analyser function on my ubiquiti ap that showed a waterfall chart and could see channel 6 was hammered hard with noise. Turns out next door neighbor had a baby and were using a monitor that must have run on 2.4ghz band.
That spectrum analyser is a very handy tool.

Associate
getting real bored of this now..

alert that an AP has disconnected, so half my wifi is down. controller says heartbeat lost but the AP can still be SSH'd. it connected to the same switch as the Ubuntu VM running the controller.

i just randomly lose my APs at for no particular reason. SSH and "reboot" and up it comes again.

controller 6.0.45.0. ac-lites on 4.3.28.11361. but has happened on multiple different firmwares now.

I get a similar issue on some of my sites at work. For me it only occurs on sites using schedules on a AP and then only older models like the AC lite, AC mesh etc. It’s been a problem for a few years, remove the schedule and all is fine. The AP will drop off when the schedule is set to switch the WiFi network back on. It can be fine for a week or more but always happens eventually and usually just one AP at a site with several.

Associate
Waiting for a quote from a firm to install some exterior network cabling in the new place. In the meantime I'm using a Unifi Dream Machine and 2x FlexHD APs in wireless mesh mode.

I have to say, I'm impressed with the performance. Obviously the bandwidth isn't as good, but the stability and range is excellent standard stuff like FaceTime, work webex calls etc.

Soldato
Had issue few years ago with wifi. Channel 6 showed no one using it but i always had massive issues with it. WiFi analyzers etc showed nothing but one day decided to run the spectrum analyser function on my ubiquiti ap that showed a waterfall chart and could see channel 6 was hammered hard with noise. Turns out next door neighbor had a baby and were using a monitor that must have run on 2.4ghz band.
That spectrum analyser is a very handy tool.

hmm odd. seems to be pretty reliable in my experience.

I get a similar issue on some of my sites at work. For me it only occurs on sites using schedules on a AP and then only older models like the AC lite, AC mesh etc. It’s been a problem for a few years, remove the schedule and all is fine. The AP will drop off when the schedule is set to switch the WiFi network back on. It can be fine for a week or more but always happens eventually and usually just one AP at a site with several.

no schedules set.

Associate
Hi I have uploaded the spectrum can, any ideas which ones I should choose, I assume a lot of blue is a congested channel...

https://ibb.co/m9LDTLp

https://ibb.co/GcByMMH

GcByMMH

m9LDTLp

Soldato
Technical you should only use 1-6-11 on 2.4GHz however this is domestic wireless so anything is up for grabs! 5GHz I use UNII-2/extended but I'd avoid 36-48 as every VM/Sky router will be using that @ 80Mhz wide

Associate
6 looks okay on the 2.4ghz, 1 blue all the way

You were right on the 80mhz, all the channels rammed. i think 40 is best for 5GHZ, how do i know if to choose 20 /40 / 80 mhz options with channel 40?

Soldato
6 looks okay on the 2.4ghz, 1 blue all the way

You were right on the 80mhz, all the channels rammed. i think 40 is best for 5GHZ, how do i know if to choose 20 /40 / 80 mhz options with channel 40?

Channel widths depends on what your WAN speeds are and if you are transferring anything large locally over wireless.

With UniFi 1.9.0 the auto channel plan seems to be working nicely. You can select to avoid channel 36-48 and also avoid 120-128 but does seem to play nice now.

UniFi call it WiFi-Ai but the industry term would be RRM.

Associate
Hi guys
sorry to but in this conversation but im in desperate need of help ....
I live in the Wolverhampton area and I have a home unifi network set up with Unifi devices , I brought a Unifi USG about two weeks ago and for the life of me I can’t seem to get it adopted into my control, I currently have a netgear nighthawk doing my routing and modem work but would love to get the usg set up ,, is there someone out there who can do a site visit to my property and help ?? Thanks guys

Soldato
If you can explain the problems you're having then we may be able to help.

Adopting a USG can be a bit problematic if your LAN isn't using 192.168.1.0/24.

Questions - What IP range is your network? What device is your controller running on? Which version of the controller are you using?

Associate
Hi guys
Thanks for your reply,,
My ip range is 192.168.0.1/24 and
I’m running the UBIQUITI UniFi Cloud Key GEN2 Plus ,,
I want to take out the netgear nighthawk and replace with the USG for routing and firewall and also use a draytek 130 modem , it’s the ip configuration I’m having issues with ,, haven’t really had much to do with IP address before , I have followed YouTube videos but still no luck .
im using the latest controller version

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom