Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Suddenly my Indomitus box seems far better value :p

£89 for 9 of the models that were in a £115 box of 61 miniatures is an absolute **** take.

Soldato
Must not look!!!
This hobby is a rabbit hole.

My latest work. Messed up the shoulders and gun on the first marine there so had to repaint over the top.

I now got a full squad to paint after airbrushing their armour. Still getting used to it. Think I'm over doing the highlights. Waiting on gloss varnish and mat so I can try my hand at oil pin washing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I understand the price point to be fair.... Nobody complained at the Eradicators or Bladeguard being £30 for 3 models. So there's £60 right there - so the additional 3 models for £30 makes sense.

However, you can pick these HQ models up for like £5 each from Facebook sellers etc, absolutely overpriced. They've repackaged some good models in to a format that is unaffordable due to their own pricing scheme. Best choice would be to repackage the HQs by themselves for £30 - nobody would bat an eyelid.

Soldato
I understand the price point to be fair.... Nobody complained at the Eradicators or Bladeguard being £30 for 3 models. So there's £60 right there - so the additional 3 models for £30 makes sense.

However, you can pick these HQ models up for like £5 each from Facebook sellers etc, absolutely overpriced. They've repackaged some good models in to a format that is unaffordable due to their own pricing scheme. Best choice would be to repackage the HQs by themselves for £30 - nobody would bat an eyelid.

Yea its overpriced but no ones forcing anyone to buy this stuff, I don't care for Kill Team... I picked up the chaos set for £48, not bad at all for 16 cool looking and new sculpted minis.

Permabanned
I've asked before, but just incase folks missed it, I'm looking for a commission painter for a bunch of fantasy-style mini's as well as 40k stuff if anyone knows anyone wanting some extra lockdown scratch.

Soldato
Finished tidying up a few of the Assault Intercessors and the Eradicators today. You may note some minor damage to a few of the shoulder decals on the Assault Intecessors - lesson learned here, if they're not completely flattened and you use a spray varnish after, it'll lift the edge and curl them. Now using MicroSet and MicroSol with some brush on varnish after and it's given a much tidier result on the Eradicators.

TQeFBEG.jpg

x6084EP.jpg

L46iV0N.jpg

Wn8pcFz.jpg

4wmNcWs.jpg

Eyes is the area I need to work on most I think, need to practice more with that level of detail/layering.

Caporegime
@Kenai looking really good. I've just started on my marines after finally deciding what to do with them. Matching them in with my guard so grey with red trim. Going to play them as either a BA or DA successor.

Soldato
@Kenai Awesome. Love the bases.

Couple of noobie questions about space marines. Is there any lore for Space marines to have the shoulder pads with the raised rim?
Also for space marines with helmets off. Is the ear/back of the neck equipment that connects to the helmet the same colour as the armour or silver/black. I started painting mine the same as the amour but keep noticing most paint it black/sliver.

Soldato
@Kenai Awesome. Love the bases.

Couple of noobie questions about space marines. Is there any lore for Space marines to have the shoulder pads with the raised rim?
Also for space marines with helmets off. Is the ear/back of the neck equipment that connects to the helmet the same colour as the armour or silver/black. I started painting mine the same as the amour but keep noticing most paint it black/sliver.

I'm pleased with the bases too, they're only Citadel Armageddon Dust, with a wash and a drybrush, then a few Army Painter materials glued on (bits of cork and some tufts in this case).

If you mean the style of shoulder pads on the 3 Eradicators, it's 'Gravis Armour'. If you mean the raised lip on one shoulder of the Assault Intecessors, I've no idea :p

As for the colour of the equipment on the unhelmeted marines, I just painted it how it felt right to me, I kinda figured it looked like the stuff that would normally be 'under the armour' so wouldn't get painted a colour, it'd just be black/silver as if made out of (super space age) plastic and metal. I wouldn't get too hung up on exactly how you 'should' paint certain things, especially if they're of no consequence to anything gameplay wise - I guess general colour scheme can impact if you want to game as specific factions but I don't really play the game, so no idea how uptight people would get if you wanted to play as 'Ultramarines' but had painted them Purple and Silver or something.

Soldato
I'm pleased with the bases too, they're only Citadel Armageddon Dust, with a wash and a drybrush, then a few Army Painter materials glued on (bits of cork and some tufts in this case).

If you mean the style of shoulder pads on the 3 Eradicators, it's 'Gravis Armour'. If you mean the raised lip on one shoulder of the Assault Intecessors, I've no idea :p

As for the colour of the equipment on the unhelmeted marines, I just painted it how it felt right to me, I kinda figured it looked like the stuff that would normally be 'under the armour' so wouldn't get painted a colour, it'd just be black/silver as if made out of (super space age) plastic and metal. I wouldn't get too hung up on exactly how you 'should' paint certain things, especially if they're of no consequence to anything gameplay wise - I guess general colour scheme can impact if you want to game as specific factions but I don't really play the game, so no idea how uptight people would get if you wanted to play as 'Ultramarines' but had painted them Purple and Silver or something.

Yeah the bases really suit armour colour makes the models pop

Yes its the one with the raise lip Got a bunch of them myself not sure if they have some meaning or to be used with certain weapons or ranks lol

Makes sense that's it black or sliver since its rubber tubes and seals connecting to the helmet.

Soldato
Yes its the one with the raise lip Got a bunch of them myself not sure if they have some meaning or to be used with certain weapons or ranks lol

They seem to bear some relation to unit type but i'm not sure if there's any particular lore behind it nor how consistent it is.

The models i'm painting have come out of the Indomitus set, so the shoulder pad types are part of the models, not something you can pick and choose but just looking at the models i've got:

Captain - full raised lip both shoulders, with fancy patterns on right shoulder
Lieutenant - full raised lip both shoulders, with a few slightly fancy details
Chaplain - two thirds raised lip on left shoulder with spikes
Judiciar - full raised lip left shoulder with fancy details
Bladeguard Veterans - full raised lip both shoulders
Bladegaurd Ancient - two thirds raised lip on left shoulder
Eradicators - no raised lip
Assault Intercessors - raised lip full left shoulder
Outriders - two thirds raised lip left shoulder

Back
Top Bottom