*** Nintendo Switch ***

Associate
Would you say it’s too late to buy a switch now? Is a next gen Nintendo console going to come any time soon?

Was in a similar boat last year, I'd wanted one since launch but never felt like I could justify spending the money when saving for other things. Finally decided it's not actually that much money and I was commuting for ~3 hours a day where I'd use it so why not.

Then lockdown kicked in and so no more commute, but lots of spare time sat around so I'm really glad I had it. Since owning it I can say it's definitely worth it and I actually pick it up more often than I get on my PC these days because it's so easy. Even if a new console came along later this year I'd say it's worth having one now (no sign of that afaik).

Rumors of a "pro" model have been flying around for at least 2 years with no actual details, so I wouldn't worry about that for now either. Can always sell and upgrade if you really want as with the shortage of consoles I'd expect there would still be decent demand for the regular version.

Soldato
Rumours of a pro model have been around pretty much since it was released.

The good thing about me tends consoles is that they tend to have good longevity. They were still releasing 3DS games last year.

Associate
Rumours of a pro model have been around pretty much since it was released.

The good thing about me tends consoles is that they tend to have good longevity. They were still releasing 3DS games last year.

Agreed. I picked up a 3DS maybe two years ago having only ever had a release day DS. Also picked up a Wii more recently as I had a craving for Wii sports! I think there's always a place for previous generation Nintendo consoles. They don't tend to feel as obsolete as other consoles to me. With the re-releases on the Switch though I can see that changing slightly, but I am a sucker for nostalgia and old hardware.

Soldato
In. So glad I didn't get another one. Can we please have a 60fps botw update. Just hope it's true.

Edit: oh it looks just to be the screen. I expect the 4k mode will just be for the homescreen. Nvm

fez

fez

Caporegime
what’s the output on tv?

with this new news I’m not sure if it wait again, even to see if the original switch drops a little in price.

As in resolution?

Anything up to 1080p but often its lower. Depends on the game. All the first party Nintendo games look amazing, BotW looks amazing. It tends to only be third party games that are ports that look a bit ropey as they haven't been made with the Switch hardware and limitations in mind.

Soldato
I talked about it a few pages back, but I took a punt on a cheap Pro-style controller from Amazon for £17 before Xmas and have been impressed with it. I wanted a 'proper' controller for the Switch I was buying our son - figured he might end up preferring the JoyCons (he does) but that I would prefer the 'real' controller (I do)

I've not used, or even seen in the flesh, a legit Pro controller, but I come from using Xbox One (and 360) official controllers and this one was, whilst not quite on the Official Xbox level in terms of quality, very good nonetheless.

Anyway, it was this one, was on offer when I bought it but still cheap enough:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diswoe-Wir...&keywords=diswoe+switch&qid=1613568438&sr=8-1

Sorry for the late reply, only just seen this. That looks amazing for the price, it has great reviews as well! They also have a 25% off voucher on Amazon right now, which is a bonus.

Associate
I've just sold my switch in anticipation of the new one being announced, but I've kept the games I own + pro controller. Would it be best to charge the pro controller up to full then leave it until I get to use it again?

Soldato
Sorry for the late reply, only just seen this. That looks amazing for the price, it has great reviews as well! They also have a 25% off voucher on Amazon right now, which is a bonus.
Must have been a similar discount when I bought it. If you do pick one up, report back with your thoughts: I'd be interested if it's actually unreasonably great or if I'm just easy to please :D

Back
Top Bottom