• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
So if anyone has friends or loved ones in Vietnam there are cards to be had. If I had my Covid jab, I might even get a flight across and rent a hotel room, lol

I think that's a fab idea (no pun intended). To take a holiday somewhere awesome, when conditions allow, knowing that you'll slso be able to bring a present like that back for yourself.

I would suggest that, if possible, get the shop to show you the card working in a PC before they box it up in front of you. It would be aweful to find it's dead on arrival.

The OCUK guys here should be able to give you the address of their OC Vietnam branch ;)

Associate
it’s not bypassed, they are not mining Eth. This is old new and it broke before the cards where even officially released.

Everyone is bitching about the small miners with maybe 5 to 10 GFX cards. The real problem is the huge multimillion pound setups with 1000's of cards in huge warehouses who make money renting processing time.
They have the budget to and actually are employing ex-intel,nvidia,amd employees.

These companies wont want to use dedicated mining cards because once the bubble bursts, and it one day will, then they are left with a useless card. Use a gfx they can always bounce it on ebay to some unsuspecting customer.

Associate
https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-3080-GAMING-Z-TRIO-10G

Is a new card that might be replacing the Gaming X Trio (???)

- It's a bit lighter and has a vented aluminium backplate to replace the graphene one.
- It's got a slightly higher clockspeed
- it's got 370W powerlimit vs the 340W limit on the X model

(There is also a "plus" model to possibly replace the non-X variant, with similar characteristics as above.)

Soldato
UK gets way less cards, brexit I'll assume, they have to come through the EU. Caseking gets stock relatively frequently, could have bought half a dozen already, but they no longer ship to the UK.

Associate
I haven't had an email from OcUK since 24/12/20. My 3080 is in ocuk depot but stuck due to brexit as I'm in Ireland. Any idea where we stand at the moment?

Permabanned
I haven't had an email from OcUK since 24/12/20. My 3080 is in ocuk depot but stuck due to brexit as I'm in Ireland. Any idea where we stand at the moment?
Im not sure whats gonna happen to peoples cards that already shipped or is at their warehouse but try give the customer service forum a message with your delivery number and they might be able to convert it to DHL, not 100% sure on that, I was able to get mine changed over but thats because my card hasn't shipped.

Associate
I didn't get a delivery number, I didn't get anything since a queue update on 24/12 saying I was 4th in the queue. I only know they have my card as I've been following the stock updates on here and I know they received 5 cards when I was 4th

Associate
I feel for you all, I built a new system in November which cost £2k whithout a graphics card and ordered the card from a prehistoric retailer late November. Got it delivered early January and it's fantastic, how I got it crud only knows. but reading this thread daily I can only feel the pain and anguish you guys are going through. 2020/21 is a complete S*** S*** for components. I've always used OCUK for all my parts in the past, my new rig replaced my last from OCUK which served me unchecked for the last 9 years. None of this is their fault, their only crime is trying to serve their customers, and let down by their distributors. To get some clarity, I'm in the battery sector, an order we placed last July is only due to arrive this coming April, that's how ****** shipments from China are right now, and an order placed placed in November that arrived last week spent two weeks sailing in circles off Felixstowe at 2kn an hour, wating to berth.

Associate
I feel for you all, I built a new system in November which cost £2k whithout a graphics card and ordered the card from a prehistoric retailer late November. Got it delivered early January and it's fantastic, how I got it crud only knows. but reading this thread daily I can only feel the pain and anguish you guys are going through. 2020/21 is a complete S*** S*** for components. I've always used OCUK for all my parts in the past, my new rig replaced my last from OCUK which served me unchecked for the last 9 years. None of this is their fault, their only crime is trying to serve their customers, and let down by their distributors. To get some clarity, I'm in the battery sector, an order we placed last July is only due to arrive this coming April, that's how ****** shipments from China are right now, and an order placed placed in November that arrived last week spent two weeks sailing in circles off Felixstowe at 2kn an hour, wating to berth.

yer! I build my new gaming pc about 2k as well including gpu! I build it in October now just waiting for my rtx 3080 my poor gtx 1060 is keeping me by

Associate
yer! I build my new gaming pc about 2k as well including gpu! I build it in October now just waiting for my rtx 3080 my poor gtx 1060 is keeping me by
Same I got a 5900x and full system built aside from gpu with a valve index just waiting for my 3080 that was ordered in sept and was shipped to ireland by dpd on jan 7th to be sent back and still zero info....

Associate
Same I got a 5900x and full system built aside from gpu with a valve index just waiting for my 3080 that was ordered in sept and was shipped to ireland by dpd on jan 7th to be sent back and still zero info....
nice! see this is what im worried going to happen to me ! finally be shipped and won't see it ! have you tried contacting oc and or DPD?

Back
Top Bottom