**** Official OnePlus 8/OnePlus 8 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
After having a OP3 since release, I finally upgraded and picked up a OP8 from Amazon as it's currently reduced to £349. I was going to get a Nord late last year but decided against it at the time and I'm very glad I waited. I've only had it for a couple of days but I'm very happy with it, it's so snappy. When the 9 was announced I was thinking of plumping for that, but I was having a chat with some mates and I realised I didn't need the latest and greatest so I've got a huge upgrade and saved myself £300 in the process. Got a spigen silicon case too and i'm more than happy with it!

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I would still pick the 8T for £449. Been using mine a week now and it's soo good. 6hrs+ screen on time every day and the 65W charging is so convenient, could never use anything slower again.

Soldato
I would still pick the 8T for £449. Been using mine a week now and it's soo good. 6hrs+ screen on time every day and the 65W charging is so convenient, could never use anything slower again.

8 Pro for the Cameras. 30W charging is hardly slumming it. Fast charging is best used sparingly anyhow.

Soldato
I can see the merits in fast charging and indeed I praised it quite a bit when I had my 7T Pro however currently (pun very much intended :p) I would rather have any sort of wireless charging, even if it is sub 10watts with a standard QI charger, than fast charging. My current habit is to leave the phone on a trickle charge overnight so in fact the slower the better.
All that said when I had the 7T Pro I was happy to top it up for 30mins or so at bed time and that did me. I guess what I’m saying is neither fast charging nor wireless charging is the be all and end all and I wouldn’t choose my phone based purely on charging tech alone. Just depends on your own charging habits.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
8 Pro for the Cameras. 30W charging is hardly slumming it. Fast charging is best used sparingly anyhow.
Fair enough, I guess it depends on priorities when picking a phone. Camera is near the bottom of mine. And the cam on the 8T is more than enough for my needs. Flat screen and charge speed are near the top so the 8T is a perfect match, but definitely the 8 Pro will be a better choice for others who prefer a better camera.

Just depends on your own charging habits.
Yep very true. Wake up, plug in phone, go toilet to **** and shower, come back and phone is at 100% is my new charging habit :cool:

I guess good thing is now 65W+ wired will become 'the norm' so any phone going forward should have it really. Still to try wireless, maybe the 9T if it has it and turns out to be decent value.

Man of Honour
Just picked up my first OnePlus phone, managed to grab the 8 Pro 12GB/256GB for £590 including a free sandstone case.

Wasn't sure the first night with it, the gestures kept throwing me off, but slowly getting used to them, only thing is trying to pull in side menus in apps, they need a different way of doing it!

I'm loving the 120Hz screen, I'm already at the point that I can't go back to the older normal screens as they seem so juddery in comparison. I'm also loving the crazy fluidity and speed of the phone.

So far very happy with it :cool:

Caporegime
Hey guys.

I forced my OP8P to 120Hz in all applications via an adb command, but somewhere along the line it's reset itself to 60Hz (I think with the latest Oxygen update perhaps).

Before I send the command again, is this still a thing with the phone, or do more apps (hi YouTube / Vanced) now natively support 120Hz?

Associate
Oneplus 8T is currently £349 at Amazon, very tempting. Seen a few reports of mobile coverage disconnect issues only fixed by restarts. Anyone experienced that?

Back
Top Bottom