• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@ScottiB @Gibbo

Can we please get some clarification of the situation regarding Irish orders? There has been one customer in this thread who paid OC directly, was able to have their VAT refunded, their order went out for delivery with DHL, they were charged additional fees at Irish customs and ultimately received their order. Another customer paid with Amazon Pay and has requested through customer service to have their delivery switched from DPD to DHL. I'm not sure about any other Irish customers, but I have received no email from OC regarding my order since 08/01/2021 and no queue update since 24/12/2021.

Do I need to contact customer service to change my delivery to DHL?

Are OC still working on resolving issues with DPD, thereby requiring no input from the customer?

If so, will customs charges be applied to all Irish deliveries or is there still a possibility these charges will be avoided?

For customers whose order have already been shipped and are being held by DPD, is a solution for them any closer?

Thanks.

Associate
Honestly it's better to be stuck in a queue than try to buy a GPU in this climate it seems, the world's crazy these days.
Agreed. Even though I could probably double my money when my card arrives it is worth way way more to me, I wouldn’t even sell it for £2k after this wait

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
@ScottiB @Gibbo

Can we please get some clarification of the situation regarding Irish orders? There has been one customer in this thread who paid OC directly, was able to have their VAT refunded, their order went out for delivery with DHL, they were charged additional fees at Irish customs and ultimately received their order. Another customer paid with Amazon Pay and has requested through customer service to have their delivery switched from DPD to DHL. I'm not sure about any other Irish customers, but I have received no email from OC regarding my order since 08/01/2021 and no queue update since 24/12/2021.

Do I need to contact customer service to change my delivery to DHL?

Are OC still working on resolving issues with DPD, thereby requiring no input from the customer?

If so, will customs charges be applied to all Irish deliveries or is there still a possibility these charges will be avoided?

For customers whose order have already been shipped and are being held by DPD, is a solution for them any closer?

Thanks.

our systems are sorted for "new" shipments. DHL is working but DPD are still a problem. If you have an order that hasn't shipped yet you could drop a message in the customer service section of the forum with your order details. When the CS guys have time between calls they'll let you know what options are open to you.

Those customers whose orders shipped with DPD and were returned to us, unfortunately, there's still no easy answer. Because of the way that VAT works, you've already paid VAT, it's been invoiced and we can't legally edit an invoice after dispatch....and both couriers are going to want you to pay again if we ship your orders.

Of course we are working on a solution still for DPD, but as I've said all along, it's DPD who keep moving the goalposts. Our systems are obviously up to date enough to allow imports, otherwise DHL attempts would have failed. It's DPD who are insisting on that extra mile.

There's absolutely nothing we can do about customs charges, that's an Irish issue. All we can do is strive to make sure that you don't have to pay VAT twice.

Associate
Of course we are working on a solution still for DPD, but as I've said all along, it's DPD who keep moving the goalposts. Our systems are obviously up to date enough to allow imports, otherwise DHL attempts would have failed. It's DPD who are insisting on that extra mile.

There's absolutely nothing we can do about customs charges, that's an Irish issue. All we can do is strive to make sure that you don't have to pay VAT twice.

So we don't necessarily need to contact customer service now?

Does that mean customs charges absolutely will apply or you don't know yet?

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
So we don't necessarily need to contact customer service now?

Does that mean customs charges absolutely will apply or you don't know yet?
Contact customer service IF all these apply;
- Your order is not for a mainland UK location
- Your order hasn't shipped with DPD and been returned
- You're close to the front of the queue and you want your order to ship as soon as possible

we can't give you any indication at this time when the DPD issue will be resolved, or when we've found a workable solution for the orders that already shipped.

For the later situation, due to the VAT complexity, the only 'simple' solution is to cancel the order and issue a full refund via the original payment method, which not ideal considering how long those customers waited already.

customs charges, that's an Irish issue. All we can do is strive to make sure that you don't have to pay VAT twice.
We have absolutely no way to answer that question for you.

Associate
Contact customer service IF all these apply;
- Your order is not for a mainland UK location
- Your order hasn't shipped with DPD and been returned
- You're close to the front of the queue and you want your order to ship as soon as possible

we can't give you any indication at this time when the DPD issue will be resolved, or when we've found a workable solution for the orders that already shipped.

For the later situation, due to the VAT complexity, the only 'simple' solution is to cancel the order and issue a full refund via the original payment method, which not ideal considering how long those customers waited already.

We have absolutely no way to answer that question for you.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Associate
I'm currently < 30 at oc in q and still 6th at a smaller retailer. I'm gonna keep both orders going. Would you call it scalping if I charged 1k for it knowing I paid 880 for it or would you say that's currently reasonable? Just conjecture at this point as my friend who was gonna buy the other 1 off me not got money for it atm. Thoughts? OC 1 is likely to land first.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Maybe OcUK should sack dpd courier service and go else where for there full time deliveries, Esp for there irish customers
it has been discussed but it's just not that simple. DPD, despite their pains, are the most reliable, interactive courier service available by some distance.

We all live in the modern world and as people who work fulltime, we all do a lot of online shopping. DPD are the only company who are predictable, provide ETAs, generally deliver on time, reliably take signatures, don't throw parcels over fences and...when redelivery is needed, don't make a total hash of it.

Associate
it has been discussed but it's just not that simple. DPD, despite their pains, are the most reliable, interactive courier service available by some distance.

We all live in the modern world and as people who work fulltime, we all do a lot of online shopping. DPD are the only company who are predictable, provide ETAs, generally deliver on time, reliably take signatures, don't throw parcels over fences and...when redelivery is needed, don't make a total hash of it.

What about Gibraltar? You do not use DPD but use DHL yet delivery has been cancelled too? I can order most items from OcUK no problems but for some reason GPU's are having brexit issues? Cant be fine from one angle and completely impossible for a different item.

Associate
Honestly it's probably better to just mine ethereum on the downtime of not playing at this point.
I was thinking that... with an rtx3080 and my current rx580 I could be getting £7 if I let it mine over night, however ethereum mining on GPUs has just taken a massive hit, supposedly it’s only 30% effective now

Associate
OK as my last message seems to have been ignored here we go again, @Gibbo @ScottiB please can you advise as to what is going on regarding the zotac 3080 amp extreme as the product pages have been pulled down (Zotacs main ones) , zotac won't say a thing but we are 5 months in and again this isn't a case of low/limited supply there arnt any and haven't been any made to date period. And as you have raised the prices on the product page you have do you know something I don't as 1200 for honestly I don't even know what anymore, there's no card, made or otherwise the manufacturer refuses acknowledgement. Honestly fed up of being stuck in limbo with no reassurances of even getting what I ordered at this point what gives.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
What about Gibraltar? You do not use DPD but use DHL yet delivery has been cancelled too? I can order most items from OcUK no problems but for some reason GPU's are having brexit issues? Cant be fine from one angle and completely impossible for a different item.
Sorry but GPUs sales are limited due to supply limitations, not because of any customs issues. The same limitation is also imposed on some CPUs too.

DHL deliveries for Gibraltar were reopened last week, they too were subject to the customs issues for the first couple of months since Brexit hit.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
OK as my last message seems to have been ignored here we go again, @Gibbo @ScottiB please can you advise as to what is going on regarding the zotac 3080 amp extreme as the product pages have been pulled down (Zotacs main ones) , zotac won't say a thing but we are 5 months in and again this isn't a case of low/limited supply there arnt any and haven't been any made to date period. And as you have raised the prices on the product page you have do you know something I don't as 1200 for honestly I don't even know what anymore, there's no card, made or otherwise the manufacturer refuses acknowledgement. Honestly fed up of being stuck in limbo with no reassurances of even getting what I ordered at this point what gives.
I've asked repeatedly that people stop asking the same question over & over again and especially not to get upset when an answer is not forthcoming. It's not that we are actively ignoring your question but if we had to spend our time replying with "we don't know" to every question that we can't answer at the moment then this thread would be three times the size and we wouldn't have time to do our day job.

and no answering questions on this forum is not part of our job description, we just do so, often in our own time, in an attempt to keep people informed.

Sorry, I have no direct dealing with Zotac & if Gibbo had heard anything concrete he would have shared it.

Associate
With all due respect, patient I have been and if Zotac had been forthcoming with anything I would not be bothering you. They have taken upon themselves to effectively bury their head in the sand. I asked you (OC) as they won't respond to me.

5 months of basically radio silence.

For a card that hasn't seen the light of day, not a review, nothing! we are rapidly approaching 6 months into a products 2 year life cycle. Yet here we are with frankly less information than when we started. Being patient will only get you so far, this is stupid. Waiting for product from a distributor is one thing. This I don't even know what this even is anymore.

Associate
Sorry but GPUs sales are limited due to supply limitations, not because of any customs issues. The same limitation is also imposed on some CPUs too.

DHL deliveries for Gibraltar were reopened last week, they too were subject to the customs issues for the first couple of months since Brexit hit.

Great news on Gibraltar deliveries for DHL. I managed to purchase a CPU bundle from yourselves but just not been able to get access for the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom