Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
How much can you realistically make a weak/how easy is it? I'd say my wife gets through around 2 litres a week, which at £3.50 or so isn't too expensive.

How much cheaper are you talking?

Throw a handful of rolled oats and some water into a blender. Blend. You have oat milk :D I chuck a bit of coconut oil, honey, bit of salt in. Nuts like cashews are supposed to be good for making the creaminess like the Barista versions.

There's a variety of additives/stabilisers/sweeteners in the commercial stuff, but fundamentally it's mega cheap to make. Certainly compared to rearing cows and squeezing milk out of em, it's mad that oat milk is more expensive!

Oatly must be making bank on their products.

Caporegime
Throw a handful of rolled oats and some water into a blender. Blend. You have oat milk :D I chuck a bit of coconut oil, honey, bit of salt in. Nuts like cashews are supposed to be good for making the creaminess like the Barista versions.

There's a variety of additives/stabilisers/sweeteners in the commercial stuff, but fundamentally it's mega cheap to make. Certainly compared to rearing cows and squeezing milk out of em, it's mad that oat milk is more expensive!

Oatly must be making bank on their products.

What's the Oatly code? Can't see it on freetrade (probably not there)

May try making some oat milk now mind

Soldato
I don't think anyone is being snobby.
I'm in crypto which isn't that different a mechanic.

But when there isn't any reason for a big move like this it is gambling.

You could say it's now human behaviour. That it will peak and trough. And that's a valid point.

But those peaks and troughs have no firm value. This share could easily sit at 50. You buy, and it never gets above that again. You could sell at 200 and it carries on going to 500.

Hell. It could maintain its 'beyond market' status and become a toy for some time. I don't see what it can't.

What it does show is social media's power.
And those that instigate these games make a tonne of money.

Its a perfectly acceptable thing to label myself as a snob against GME.

Posting about such a stock on here brings nothing whatsoever.

How this thread is suppose to work is people should ideally post valuations of companies and that they have bought in or are thinking about, they dont need to post any calculations whatsoever of course, but then you can compare your valuation to their valuation.

And potentially argue about it.

You cannot value GME, or, atleast, the valuation is surely below $10, and with crypto its $0. You cannot invest only gamble. Its not that there is something wrong with gambling, its that there is no discussion or debate to be had from it.

Soldato
Any one invested in any Blockchain/Crypto EFT's??

Just looking for some diversification to my SIPP, small dipping my toe stuff. Any ones to consider?

DYOR etc obviously applies

Soldato
Any one invested in any Blockchain/Crypto EFT's??

Just looking for some diversification to my SIPP, small dipping my toe stuff. Any ones to consider?

DYOR etc obviously applies

Not an ETF, but i'm in Argo Blackchain (ARB.L). They're a miner and holder of Bitcoin so closely linked (although they don't always track). Compared to other mining companies it appears undervalued.

Soldato
Not an ETF, but i'm in Argo Blackchain (ARB.L). They're a miner and holder of Bitcoin so closely linked (although they don't always track). Compared to other mining companies it appears undervalued.

Same. Got in via a discounted Primary Bid offer at 200p per share, with placing tomorrow.

Soldato
Nice, i only saw it at 6pm and it closed at 6:15 so by the time i'd downloaded the app etc i missed out. I was already a holder but my hope was to sell my existing holding to buy in at the discounted price.

I made it with about a minute to spare. I suspect they made the wrong call making the window so tight though, I was expecting strong interest/partial refund so padded my order a bit but ended up with a full allocation. :eek:

Must have not had as strong interest as I was expecting.

Soldato
Apologies this is OT but I hope it's of interest. A company called Halo Top Creamery is launching a range of oat milk icecream in the UK, they are vegan and 400cal or less. I doubt I'll try it but thought it may pique someone's interest based on earlier convo.

Soldato
You cannot value GME, or, atleast, the valuation is surely below $10, and with crypto its $0. You cannot invest only gamble. Its not that there is something wrong with gambling, its that there is no discussion or debate to be had from it.

How can you value any company at the moment when most companies are trading at double digit some triple digit EPS, everything is gambling at the moment while we're in this bubble which may not be a traditional bubble and may never burst

Soldato
How can you value any company at the moment when most companies are trading at double digit some triple digit EPS, everything is gambling at the moment while we're in this bubble which may not be a traditional bubble and may never burst

What do you think they should be valued at? Just because valuations traditionally might have been in a certain range, doesn't mean they will ever be again. As I think you've alluded too.

There was a piece I saw yesterday about Amazon and people moaned about it's price being too high at 45x earnings in 2010 and the earnings themselves being poor, but it never got any cheaper so those that failed to accept that missed out on some absolutely massive gains. In 2012 its PE ratio was at 3000x.

There seems to be a lot of moaning (probably the wrong word) in this thread, it's often very bearish, or doom and gloom. Is that just the British way? Of course let's completely discount a lot of WSB nonsense, but I don't see it so much in other countries.

Last edited:
Soldato

Of course you can value a company, it could be over-valued, and surely many are, some are also undervalued.

No, everything is speculating, but its only gambling when its clearly negative to the valuation.

Bubbles are not relevant, you simply add it to the valuation.

If you think everything is overvalued, which is simply not true, then you'd buy what is the best of the worst then surely?

If you think the entire market will crash then you've valued it too high, so then short it? Thats trading.

If it turns out, i am just incredibly bad at valuation, and loose all my money, then i am not a gambler, i just suck.

That's why you have portfolio discipline. So as long as you are right more often, you will go up.

Your post basically says you dont think you can value anything, so what have you been doing then, randomly picking stocks and hoping for the best?

Sure, that is gambling also.

Soldato
Could be a potentially decent option. I noticed Aberdeen Standard European Logistics Income ASLI on PrimaryBid raising some cash, as they've bought a lot recentlt and are running low on cash for additional growth

Seems they invest in property in Europe targeting large warehouses with the aim of there being a large boom in online trading in Europe and being well placed. As it seems behind other areas at present. This mirrors the experience i've found with Spain when trying to order things to my parents place. Not many large online retailers offering national delivery. Obviously there's a culture difference but in time surely that'll change.

Just bought a new warehouse in Poland for $28m and total assets have grown quite a lot since inception (albeit with an equal amount of debt incurred)

Looks like they collected 100% of their Q4 20 rent though which suggests their customers are good.

They also pay a quarterly dividend around 1.5% so it fits in with my long term plan of getting some decent Dividend growth.

https://www.eurologisticsincome.co....LgxnC8EFgeEhcJzrFvz5CRhJFVlSiyD4aAjqtEALw_wcB

Only annoying thing is that through Primary Bid you have no idea what the price is vs Market price, although i'd assume (and hope), it'd be at a discount.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got a bit in Ocugen as a possible Covid play and it just shot up 20% with big volume and no discernible new news.

Wondering if someone has got some inside info somewhere. Obviously it all hinges on FDA approval, but if they get it the stock price could really take off even more as that will be a decent amount of income for Ocugen for the foreseeable future.

There are rumours that that they could get government funding from the stimulus package too potentially for the vaccine.

Edit - 30% now

Last edited:
Soldato
If you think the entire market will crash then you've valued it too high, so then short it? Thats trading.

It's also gambling, you're betting that your educated guess is the correct guess

Likewise people "investing" in crypto are betting that they are right that the price will go higher

Your original post was crying that people shouldn't be discussing GME or crypto in this thread because it's gambling and neither are valuable, the same could be said for any share that doesn't offer dividends if you want to get snobby people should only disucss and invest in companies that offer dividends, that is true investing everything else is gambling :)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with discussing crypto or GME they're both relevant in this crazy new paradigm in the markets and "investing"

What's the saying ? "don't invest what you can't afford to lose" I wonder why they say if it isn't gambling :rolleyes:

Associate
Got a bit in Ocugen as a possible Covid play and it just shot up 20% with big volume and no discernible new news.

Wondering if someone has got some inside info somewhere. Obviously it all hinges on FDA approval, but if they get it the stock price could really take off even more as that will be a decent amount of income for Ocugen for the foreseeable future.

There are rumours that that they could get government funding from the stimulus package too potentially for the vaccine.

Edit - 30% now
Is it this news? Ocugen have the exclusive rights to Covaxin in the US. Looking at its price history the movement doesn't look to be anything major.

Back
Top Bottom