I found the Evo I was looking for. (V RS Content)

Soldato
OP
Not much has changed as the car hasn't moved since September, but aim to get it out to come off the base map in the next month to up the boost.

N3pDHgl.jpg

Brand new rocker to go on, too - the one on there currently is from an Evo 7.

unknown.png

Soldato
Car back, drive is super smooth and feels strong even with the base map. Covered best part of 200 miles.

Currently set to 1 bar @ 360BHP. Once run in, should expect anywhere in the region of 450-480 :)
a833cwb.jpg

Full spec list below:
Apexi FC ECU
Wisesco Pistons
I Beam Bridgeway Rods
GT260 Cams
Kigley Springs
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
3MM Lifters
HKS Pulleys
FP71HTA Turbo
M2 Elbow
1d1000 Injectors
Fujitsubo Turbo Back Exhaust
standard 5 speed box with standard RS diffs.
New Exedy clutch
New cambelt and balance belt
HKS Hardpipes
HKS Intercooler
HKS Oil cooler
HKS air filter
ARC Manifold cover
ARC Bonnet latch cover
Special mention to this post. That is immaculate.

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys,

Can't wait to get it back to APT. The brakes need a bleed and a decent set of pads, still unsure whether or not to drop £1,700 on the Exedy twin-plate as I'm riding the line of what's acceptable. Was trying not to spend too much money on it this year. Not going well so far. :D

Soldato
OP
Is that just a big warehouse where people store cars over winter? Never knew that facility existed but seems like a great idea.

No, it's my own personal collection. :p

Car took a short visit to APT again for mapping and fluid change. Went with the Exedy twin plate clutch in the end after chin scratching for awhile on what would be the best option.

The car made 422 bhp @ 1.6 bar. The Apexi PowerFC is pretty archaic, so if pushing things harder Gary is recommending something with better knock detection (second hand Motec).

Plenty of power, though. Took the car out for a shakedown on Friday. The FP 71HTA is a super responsive turbo and punches hard. Great feeling when you’re banging through the gears on the short ratio box. Finally (for now) some AD08Rs to go on.

The new rocker cover makes all the difference to the bay, too.

D6Viiel.png

7k0nLHn.png

Associate
Lovely car, would this depreciate at all or have you got the nirvana of a really nice motor and an investment at the same time (obviously as long as well looked after - but that certainly appears to the case here).

Soldato
OP
Gorgeous! Strong power figures too!

Really? Or has that joke gone over my head? Looks to be some pretty nice metal in there!

lol I wish

Lovely car, would this depreciate at all or have you got the nirvana of a really nice motor and an investment at the same time (obviously as long as well looked after - but that certainly appears to the case here).

These have gone up in value over the last 8 or so years, and with the US market opening up for the 5 and 6 shortly will probably continue to do so

Soldato
OP
New AD08Rs fitted and raised the rear by 15mm as it was scrubbing hard thanks to the chunky sidewalls. Managed to bag a HKS programmable boost gauge fairly cheap to mount on the steering column, too.

Had to replace the front right outer CV boot due to a tiny knick that sprayed grease all up the inside wheel and suspension, so had to clean that up. All sorted at the price of £80 for a genuine CV Boot kit which is extortion lol.

Mzk3PWl.jpg

XWGYSeh.jpg

52S0lZ1.jpg

axDoG47.jpg

Still looking good :)

SzOCB1T.jpg

Soldato
OP
Not updated this in awhile.

Since August last year, the car went back to APT again to swap out the archaic Apexi Power FC for Motec M800 with a knock control box. Offering a little bit more protection on investment. The active knock control also helped extract more horsepower so we jumped from 422 to 466BHP at the same boost levels. The 71HTA snail peaks at around 480, although the peak is claimed to be around 1.8bar, we were out of flow around 1.6 so there wasn't much point pressing on. For me, this build was always about balance, and 450+ is absolutely spot on in an RS.

The first thing I noticed besides the extra horsepower was how much better the cold start and low-speed driving is on this setup. This is likely attributed also to dropping the MAF in favour of SD (speed density). I retained the HKS RS intake, keeping the stock battery location.

YYLl86F.jpg

It seems during winter people love to have a clear out, I've been looking for a set of SR3 Recaros for sometime - and two popped up a few days apart from each other. I forgot just how comfy these things were! They were factory options on certain CP9A models. The back support on these options were actually a grey material, but they're so hard to find in this condition beggers can't be choosers.

I'm looking to fit them soon as well as playing with the idea of renewing the carpet moulding.

RQWjErW.jpg

Soldato
Very nice :) Really like how clean it is.

I have SR5s in my Impreza and they get uncomfortable after a while. Not so much in the hips but they dig into my thighs. Shame as they look great in the car.

Back
Top Bottom