Captcha

Soldato
I don't know if this is just my imagination or im noticing it more. But has the amount of sites needing Captcha increased significantly in the last few months. I have switched to Brave from Chrome so would this cause an increase?

Every site I seem to go to from shopping to forums emails etc all wanting blooming captcha solving before login and its driving me mental as they never ever work properly.

Associate
I don't know if this is just my imagination or im noticing it more. But has the amount of sites needing Captcha increased significantly in the last few months. I have switched to Brave from Chrome so would this cause an increase?

Every site I seem to go to from shopping to forums emails etc all wanting blooming captcha solving before login and its driving me mental as they never ever work properly.

Lots of sites are now brining in additional measures to mitigate bots, that being said if you have TOR or VPN within the browser your more likely to see captchas due to the overloading of exit nodes inheritant with those types of service

Associate
Yeah captchas are pretty sensitive when using vpn's. If you just use your own ip address you won't notice them a lot of the time... it's just sort of something that sits there but doesn't bother you.

Soldato
If you are seeing captchas I take that as a good indication that ublock origin (or whatever your weapon is) is giving third party isolation (preventing access to 3rd party sites & cookies), and tracking mechanisms are being thwarted

Soldato
Does Buster add-on work - to autocomplete captcha's ? or, is it more hassle than it's worth

Automated Technologies and Plug-ins
There is a range of automated technologies, including APIs, browser plug-ins and extensions that enable attackers to bypass or solve CAPTCHA challenges. Here are a few examples:

• A group of researchers from Lancaster University, Northwest University and Peking University used the concept of a generative adversarial network (GAN) in order to create an extremely fast and accurate CAPTCHA solver.
  • There are several free online CAPTCHA solving services and libraries that leverage deep learning-based technologies, including GRIS, Alchemy, Clarifai and NeuralTalk. Academic studies show that deep-learning-based approaches are highly accurate in solving CAPTCHA challenges.
  • DeCaptcher is an example of one of the solving services available via APIs making it easy to integrate into applications. Based on an optical character recognition system, the service solves challenges and provides a file to download that details the time, the challenge image, and the text used to solve the challenges.
  • Open-source tools and browser extensions, including Buster and UnCaptcha, use audio recognition that was intended to help visually impaired users and abuses it to bypass CAPTCHA mechanisms in an automated fashion.

https://techwiser.com/bypass-google-recaptcha-verification/

Back
Top Bottom