Coop divided points

Soldato
WTF :D

Seriously?

I'd have demanded that money back purely on principle, **** that for a game of soldiers!

I'm always shopping at the Co Op near my work as it's convenient and they're also always trying to get me to sign up to their card. I always say no because I have enough behavioural activity tracking loyalty cards as it is and I don't shop there enough to justify another one, but knowing this has just removed that element of "I wonder..." from the equation.

Well at least I feel a little better knowing I’ve saved someone the bother :p I wouldn’t have been so irritated if the cashier told me she was going to charge me a quid for it (because I’d be telling her to put the card back in its holder :p)

Soldato
Because of the insanely mental way the coop is structured, they don't all have the same loyalty cards. Some shops are ran directly by the Coop, others operated by regional societies. These have their own cards, it's also one of the reason their signage is all over the place. One of the smaller societies even have slightly Royston Vasseyesq signs showing all the Coop loyalty cards they don't accept.

Soldato
My local shop is a Co-Op, and I've started having to visit it daily as I use the Post Office there - Recently they offered me a Co Op membership card, I thought "why not" considering I use it every day - I then realised when I got home, that they charged me a quid for the temporary paper membership card! What a joke!
WTF :D

Seriously?

I'd have demanded that money back purely on principle, **** that for a game of soldiers!

I'm always shopping at the Co Op near my work as it's convenient and they're also always trying to get me to sign up to their card. I always say no because I have enough behavioural activity tracking loyalty cards as it is and I don't shop there enough to justify another one, but knowing this has just removed that element of "I wonder..." from the equation.
It is a co-operative. The idea is that the £1 is a token/nominal payment that represents you buying a share of the COOP. They have to word it carefully as when you buy the temporary card you are not a member yet, only when you convert it do you become a member. Otherwise the process is sign up online and enter your credit card details for a quid. If you do not convert it in a timely way (12 weeks) then you lose the £1 and you never became a member.

If you use COOP regularly it pays for itself quite quickly. I was doing "big shop" at COOP for a while (2 adults only at home 3 days a week) and earned £50 over the course of 3 years. Not a lot but it is free money against cash I was going to spend anyway...

Soldato
Nothing to add to the co-op discussion other than seeing this made me think of the question you got asked each time you were in the NAAFI “Stamps or discount?”

Soldato
Out if interest and since it’s slightly related. Does anyone else shop at Waitrose?

I have a MyWaitrose card and do my weekly shop there. I asked at a checkout what the benefit was and she said I should get money off vouchers in the post etc but I never get anything.

Does anyone else go there and get anything in return?

Caporegime
Out if interest and since it’s slightly related. Does anyone else shop at Waitrose?

I have a MyWaitrose card and do my weekly shop there. I asked at a checkout what the benefit was and she said I should get money off vouchers in the post etc but I never get anything.

Does anyone else go there and get anything in return?

I ditched mine as unlike tesco, you get nothing.

You do get the benefit that if you flash your keys and they dross don't recognise the ferrari logo, at least the waitrose logo is a bit more familiar to the commoners.

Soldato
I ditched mine as unlike tesco, you get nothing.

You do get the benefit that if you flash your keys and they dross don't recognise the ferrari logo, at least the waitrose logo is a bit more familiar to the commoners.

Haha it’s all about looking like a snob as the Waitrose van pulls up for the weekly delivery :p

I know a few products have discounts for MyWaitrose customers but as you say there’s not much else beneficial.

Commissario
No.

I used to shop there. Sort of.

Every morning, after my walk, I'd go in and get the free coffee that my Waitrose card gave me.

When they stopped doing that, I cancelled my card, cut it up, unsubscribed from their emails and deleted all my log in details. I've not been in a Waitrose since.

Back
Top Bottom