~£15k Coupe Suggestions

Man of Honour
When did I mention a "really old mega performance car"?

When you suggested a Mk2 TT RS.

A quick look at autotrader for his budget finds mostly 10+ year old examples.

What does the RS offer him that a conventional version of the newer TT doesn't?

Man of Honour
Something look this looks absolutely ideal. It's a modern and fresh model, it's really quite quick by any standards let alone what he's used to and it's free from many of the issues involved with buying an RS Audi that's much older.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202010064671348?make=AUDI&radius=1501&model=TT&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=relevance&postcode=pl11aa&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&year-from=2016&body-type=Coupe&page=1

Other than be twice as old, feel like a throwback to the early 2000s inside and cost a load more money to keep on the road why is a Mk2 RS a better fit for somebody with the requirements of the OP than that?

Last edited:
Associate
OP, have you considered a Mercedes CL65 AMG? Or a bank loan and a Ferrari FF?

Fool. Clearly the requirements call for a Rolls Royce. Nothing says quality gigolo massage therapist than turning up in a roller.

Like this one, well within budget and will definitely fit a "massage" table in.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202102108912256

What's that OP, you're really a massage therapist? Ah, maybe not then.

Soldato
I've spent hours looking at coupés around that price point and two that stuck out for me were the Megane RS and Astra VXR.

15k should get a reasonable example of either.

Soldato
VXRs are a bit chav (and attract chavs). Not sure about the current ones, but the older ones have pretty flakey engines and gearboxes.

Soldato
Might be worth the OP clarifying but I get the feeling he's not looking at 3 door hatchbacks when he says he like the 'Coupe/GT look'.

There's not much that springs to mind in this market that hasn't already been mentioned

Soldato
Classic OcUK. Guy gives absolutely no hint that he requires absolutely enormous levels of performance (and the cost that goes with it) and even says he's been considering warm hatches.
Ok but I think its valid. My E92 M3 was followed by last gen TT (i was doing a lot of miles and gas prices were sky high!). What a bad move .... a great advertisement for ruining the thrill of motoring! Gunning the M3 was an event. Gunning the TT was just DULL.

Soldato
If you do look at the 4 series I seem to recall that folding rear seats were an optional extra and not standard unless you got the 5 door Gran Coupe (which also has better boot access).

Associate
Civic FK2 Type R - maybe a little raw given lack of conventional rear suspension, but mental power, looks and b road ability

Man of Honour
When I read through your requirement, all I could think of is a 4 Series. It's got decent space in the back and boot, especially if you fold the seats down, and still retains that "coupe/GT" look.
my thoughts exactly
435i should be doable (or 428i/430i if not requiring so many horses)
but as someone that had a 428i and now a 440i, get the 6cyl lol

Back
Top Bottom