**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Associate
My battery life seems to be tailing off. Used to get near or even over 6hrs screen on time. Now I rarely see 5.

Its battery life is a bit odd, whether I am driving the phone screen or a 14" portable touch monitor it's the same life, you'd think the big LCD would kill it faster unless thats the difference 1080p makes.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been using my Note 10+ 5G as a 5G router to see how well things go, the thing seems to runs quite warm, I've not run 5G until this week, so not experienced this before, anyone else running 5G continuously, is this expected, its only doing 2-250Mb so its not like it's a ballistic 1Gb connection.

It's been good to trial and I was weighing up whether I pick up another Galaxy 5G but with these temps perhaps I should just buy a Huawei 5G CPE pro 2

Associate
Anyone else having problems using fingerprints? None of mine are recognised and one of my thumbprints was setup 3 times. I've deleted them all and now can't register new ones.

Using my fingerprints has been getting problematic over the last week or so rather than suddenly stopping working.

Caporegime
Anyone else having problems using fingerprints? None of mine are recognised and one of my thumbprints was setup 3 times. I've deleted them all and now can't register new ones.

Using my fingerprints has been getting problematic over the last week or so rather than suddenly stopping working.

I've never found it reliable on my 10+. I do use a TPU screen protector so that probably doesn't help but I'd much rather a dedicated rear or side button rather than an inscreen one that barely works.

Have an S21 Ultra coming tomorrow so will try that and hopefully it's better.

Associate
Mine works perfectly fine, I have a number of fingerprints registered and haven't had access issues since the very first release, a few patches after release made it reliable, it would suggest to me either your sensor is failing or you need to re-register some prints, or you are dead and just don't know it yet :D

I do have the touch sensitivity ramped up but don't actually have a screen protector anymore, it broke and I never changed the settings.

I don't have 3.1, it has not been offered on my Note 10+ 5G yet.

Associate
I think I've worked it out. Last week I completely redid my water cooling loop which involved removing and refitting 24 compression fittings that hadn't been removed since 2017. I think doing that has ripped my fingerprints to shreds now that I look at them. I'll have to wait until they've healed.

Soldato
Managed to pick up a cheap Note10+ 5G and I'm pretty impressed with it so far except for the signal quality, constantly drops off the network and when it is connected the signal strength is pretty dire.
I have another Samsung phone,A50, and in the same location using the same sim card is gives me a solid 4G connection and bandwidth of about 30-35Mbps, the Note gives me sod all.

Is this a known issue with the Notes ?, wouldn't mind picking up another but if it's a lottery I'll pass.

Soldato
Managed to pick up a cheap Note10+ 5G and I'm pretty impressed with it so far except for the signal quality, constantly drops off the network and when it is connected the signal strength is pretty dire.
I have another Samsung phone,A50, and in the same location using the same sim card is gives me a solid 4G connection and bandwidth of about 30-35Mbps, the Note gives me sod all.

Is this a known issue with the Notes ?, wouldn't mind picking up another but if it's a lottery I'll pass.

I never noticed problem when I had mine and my son inherited it and hasn't complained might be worth ordering a another sim

Soldato
Yeah, I have done. However the fact the sim in question gives me a rock steady signal in another phone leads me to believe it may be the phone.

Also, quick Google returns people with similar issues. I'll wait for the replacement sim then take it from there.

Cheers

Transmission breaker
Don
I broke my note 10, and I was sent a note10+ 5g as a replacement. Was a little annoyed at first as it's very large and my existing case didn't fit.
Still it's quite a nice phone, and the extra screen estate can be nice when watching videos.
I think it is time I move away from major brand phones, not sure I appreciate the extra costs to features ratio anymore. I think I will keep this till it dies and then look and see what the cheaper options are up to :)

Soldato
Yeah mine was totally bulletproof on Vodafone for me and now on three for the other half.

Is it a UK model? Flashed with the right bands and all that?

Yeah UK model, SM-N976B. Signal strength showing in Sim status is sitting around -103dBm which isn't as good as the A50 -93dBm.

If this unit is dodgy I'll maybe try and source another, very good all rounder even a good few years after the models release.

Associate
Its fair to say I have no frame of reference so couldn't actually say whether its poor relative to other phones, I did not notice a degradation compared to my S8.

Soldato
I broke my note 10, and I was sent a note10+ 5g as a replacement. Was a little annoyed at first as it's very large and my existing case didn't fit.
Still it's quite a nice phone, and the extra screen estate can be nice when watching videos.
I think it is time I move away from major brand phones, not sure I appreciate the extra costs to features ratio anymore. I think I will keep this till it dies and then look and see what the cheaper options are up to :)

I've had my Note 10+ since launch day, so a little over 2 years now, the longest I have owned any phone. I'm going to try and get another 2 years out of it I hope. When it does eventually die I'll be doing the dance and getting something cheaper. I've set up a few family members with Xiaomi phones and they offer unbelievable value and still give you a very good experience.

On a side note, AccuBattery is still reporting 100% health on the battery. I've always charged it overnight but always slow charged with a low power wireless charger which I think has helped stop degradation.

Back
Top Bottom