Image Re-Size Help For Sons Bedroom

Soldato
Hello,

I need this to fit a Wall the size of 70" x 86"as best as possible, it's very square as the blank image shows below. Can anyone help with the sizing/cropping of the image? Click the Spiderman image for full image.

Every site i use they completely crop it off but ideally i would like to get the image all in to at least the start of his fired 'web'.

It's for my sons bedroom wall, will be made into a mural.

Thanks everyone. He will be over the moon.

Chris.

Soldato
Does your son have the Spiderman playstation game?

I think it has a photo shoot mode. You could probably snap a more suitable photo in 4k and then print that.

Soldato
OP
Does your son have the Spiderman playstation game?

I think it has a photo shoot mode. You could probably snap a more suitable photo in 4k and then print that.

Sadly not and that would be PERFECT as spiderman could be closer to us and on the wall, allowing us to have the wall and spiderman on the final image.

Soldato
This is VERY quick and dirty done in 2 mins to demostrate so nowhere near complete.

But rather than just cropping, place the image into a correct size canvas, re-size and crop a little so it fills most of it (I placed it from the lower left corner), then use smart fill to fill the gap at the top. That should then give you a rough starting place to clean up the image with a bit or cloning and further smart filling.

upload

EDIT: Just realised I got the canvas size wrong but still shows my point about using smart fill etc to extend the image rather than just crop.

Caporegime
Hello,

I need this to fit a Wall the size of 70" x 86"as best as possible, it's very square as the blank image shows below. Can anyone help with the sizing/cropping of the image? Click the Spiderman image for full image.

Every site i use they completely crop it off but ideally i would like to get the image all in to at least the start of his fired 'web'.

It's for my sons bedroom wall, will be made into a mural.

Thanks everyone. He will be over the moon.

Chris.

Problem is, you're trying to fit a rectangle image into a square, there is going to be clipping or borders top and bottom, unless you something like @GSXRMovistar did (which is awesome btw)

For that size of print it going to have some pixilation though I'd have thought?

Man of Honour
For that size of print it going to have some pixilation though I'd have thought?

Here is the scale of the issue ( 70" x 86" canvas / original image ), you cannot stretch an image that much and hold anything like an acceptable resolution.

z8RvBo2.jpg

I hope, by Mural, the op means someone is going to paint it on the wall, in which case the painter can just use artistic licence to pad out the image/fill the gaps.

Soldato
What resolution does the printer want the image at 100% scale? Most commercial printers will want 300dpi but if it's going to a large format place they'll probably use an ink jet machine and you can get away with 150dpi on those. As long as the dpi is higher than the screen resolution it won't pixelate but will be very soft.

Soldato
I'm stunned.

Tempted to ban everyone tbqh :D
Why is everyone doing what the OP asked before 10 pages of Theo, Jimmy and Pedo bear PS'd into the image?! And NOT ONE person has shared the very same damn image back to him, with a different file name telling him that they've had a stab at it.

What is wrong with GD?!
I am actually deeply shamed by these two comments. Whatever you intended to do, it worked :(

It has been so long since one of these threads even appeared I forgot how to troll/what to do :confused:

Back
Top Bottom