• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX6700XT review thread

Soldato
We have sold some Powercolor Fighter at £419 and they sold so fast to the point I never even witness the card upload, so I am baffled as to how people spotted them as technically they were not live, but the orders have come down, so some people are really quick, like insanely quick at getting their orders in.

Impossible Gibbo. I was on the right part of the site* and refreshing just before you put the 3070's live, and the 6700XTs never went live. Your site is botted to hell and you don't even know it.

*I happened on the right links by chance as you were uploading the cards. The menu disappeared afterwards which suggested to me you had hidden it (the page when refreshed with the cloudfare link worked but without the cloudfare link it did not, went to a 404 error) but I just kept the page open and refreshed it. I was refreshing for about 15 minutes between 4.55 and 5.10. I saw you start to put the 3070s live because some links were posted on the discord for those, but not for the 6700XT.

Associate
In the interests of full disclosure I was one of those that got a Powercolor Fighter at £419. I'm not a bot, a scalper or a miner - just somebody looking for a GPU for my daughter's new PC and seemingly lucked out. I was looking around several sites and noticed OCUK had side link to the 6700xts that went through to a 404. Not entirely sure how it happened but a few clicks and i'm presented with a 6700xt available at MRSP - so obviously I bought it.

Soldato
What matters, what really matters, is did the customer pay and if so, how much money should an etailer spend trying to make sure the right kind of paying customers buy the products.

Soldato
In the interests of full disclosure I was one of those that got a Powercolor Fighter at £419. I'm not a bot, a scalper or a miner - just somebody looking for a GPU for my daughter's new PC and seemingly lucked out. I was looking around several sites and noticed OCUK had side link to the 6700xts that went through to a 404. Not entirely sure how it happened but a few clicks and i'm presented with a 6700xt available at MRSP - so obviously I bought it.

Out of interest do you have the exact time this occurred? I just wondered if it was while i was online looking or not. I was actively on the right links between 4.55 and 5.10.

Soldato
Congrats dude I'm sure your daughter will be over the moon.

OcUK Staff
Impossible Gibbo. I was on the right part of the site* and refreshing just before you put the 3070's live, and the 6700XTs never went live. Your site is botted to hell and you don't even know it.

*I happened on the right links by chance as you were uploading the cards. The menu disappeared afterwards which suggested to me you had hidden it (the page when refreshed with the cloudfare link worked but without the cloudfare link it did not, went to a 404 error) but I just kept the page open and refreshed it. I was refreshing for about 15 minutes between 4.55 and 5.10. I saw you start to put the 3070s live because some links were posted on the discord for those, but not for the 6700XT.

Don’t say impossible I know exactly what I’ve sold and to have sold product meant they went live albeit for a short period but you missed out for whatever reason, no doubt same reason why even I could not see them but several people manage to order a Fighter from us at £419 and those who did the cards will be with us next week and then on the way to yourselves.

P.S. I see the post after yours confirms that they went live, so your use of the word impossible is unjustified.

Soldato
Don’t say impossible I know exactly what I’ve sold and to have sold product meant they went live albeit for a short period but you missed out for whatever reason, no doubt same reason why even I could not see them but several people manage to order a Fighter from us at £419 and those who did the cards will be with us next week and then on the way to yourselves.

P.S. I see the post after yours confirms that they went live, so your use of the word impossible is unjustified.

Yeah my timing was off. Your post was at 5.10 suggesting you had only just seen these sales go through but it turns out it was over an hour earlier.

Then you posted at 5.22 saying you'd just put the 3070's live, but actually this was 5.03 going by the discord links.

So there are larger gaps in timing here than suggested by the posts.

Your site is still doing weird things by the way. Here are two identical pages just loaded, one has the 6700XTs in the left menu, the other does not:

yduQ4sf.png

OcUK Staff
Yeah my timing was off. Your post was at 5.10 suggesting you had only just seen these sales go through but it turns out it was over an hour earlier.

Then you posted at 5.22 saying you'd just put the 3070's live, but actually this was 5.03 going by the discord links.

So there are larger gaps in timing here than suggested by the posts.

Your site is still doing weird things by the way. Here are two identical pages just loaded, one has the 6700XTs in the left menu, the other does not:

yduQ4sf.png

The site has been doing weird things all day, the new site can’t come soon enough.

Associate
Every component for a gaming PC is in stock. It's just graphics cards.

This GPU situation must be having a huge detrimental knock on effect on all pc parts being sold especially users just wanting a display output from their shiny Ryzen systems unless they fall back on their old GPU.

Associate
CB did some CU scaling of RNDA vs RNDA2 vs GCN (represented by Hawaii) all locked to 1GHz to try to do an IPC comparison:
https://www.computerbase.de/2021-03/amd-radeon-rdna2-rdna-gcn-ipc-cu-vergleich/
uyCWNgU.png
As it happens Hawaii and Navi 22 have the same (main) bandwidth
7C62WiU.png
Of course, the three card do not run at the same clock and Navi 10 vs Navi 22 is also 256 bit vs 192 bit.
So not entirely sure what these tests prove but a nice effort anyway.

Soldato
It's not new GPU releases though.

You can't get anything for a PC gamer right now.

No point in trying to become a pc gamer now. Anyone who doesn't already own a decent pc would be mad to join the desperate people on their quest for a gpu. Or at least they should know better than to moan about it by now.

Its like people cant live without a £650 gpu.

Back
Top Bottom