• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card prices?

Associate
Likewise if you wanted the card replaced and they had one in stock would you have to pay the extra cash to get it ?!

If it is same model(item) then you don't have to pay anything.
Like for like exchange.

If you have gigabyte RTX3080 and it is out of stock and there is MSI RTX 3080 you will have to pay the difference or wait for the gigabyte to come back into stock, so they can exchange

Eventhough it is still RTX 3080 it doesn't matter...
As it is different item.

Associate
If it is same model(item) then you don't have to pay anything.
Like for like exchange.

If you have gigabyte RTX3080 and it is out of stock and there is MSI RTX 3080 you will have to pay the difference or wait for the gigabyte to come back into stock, so they can exchange

Eventhough it is still RTX 3080 it doesn't matter...
As it is different item.

Thanks for the info.

Associate
some mugs have no option, imagine if you're gpu dies. im on a 1070 which isnt that old but still nearly 5 years old. imagine all those on 900 series cards and similar aged amd stuff. they have no option but to spend if something happens now.

Who hasn't had GPUs die, or im i just unlucky? Im surprised that the only card left to buy, the GT 710 isn't joining in with the crazy prices.I bet it still sell like hot cakes if it doubled in price.

Soldato
Who hasn't had GPUs die, or im i just unlucky? Im surprised that the only card left to buy, the GT 710 isn't joining in with the crazy prices.I bet it still sell like hot cakes if it doubled in price.
If my 1070 died and I didn't have a backup then I'd just use my PS4, no way I'll pay these prices for cards! AMD and nVidia are probably fixing the prices knowing that people will overpay and are purposely holding back cards just to jack up the pricing.

Soldato
If my 1070 died and I didn't have a backup then I'd just use my PS4, no way I'll pay these prices for cards! AMD and nVidia are probably fixing the prices knowing that people will overpay and are purposely holding back cards just to jack up the pricing.
Kinda wondering what I'd do if my 1080ti fails.

I have no spare.

Soldato
They will be ultra rare by the time they release the next cards, unless they decide to delay for a year.

Associate
3080s at scalped 3090 prices. 6700xt at scalped 6900 prices. Looks like products are moving up two tiers of price.
Problem is people are still paying these prices. Miners have a lot of confidence they'll get their ROI, scalpers couldn't give one it's all profit.

Caporegime
What are today's prices, then? At times I've seen the 6700XT at ~£1k and the 6800XT at ~£1500.

I wish the punchline to this joke wasn't so drawn out. It kinda stopped being funny a while ago.

If this keeps up into 2022, what then... Going to be lots of people who simply can't replace their aging hardware.

Associate
I haven't seen the prices as they sell so quick to the bots. Another site had 3060 go up for sale today at 23:10 with over 100 buying in seconds. I see the main high street chain hasn't even listed them yet, probably because the 3060 release saw a queue of 70000plus. I am not buying at those prices and even if I was I can't as the bots beat me to it

Soldato
There was no bots involved on OCUK 3070 drops. I checked in 5min after the drop. The Zotac @£799 was still available. People are hesitant as the prices are just too high.

Back
Top Bottom