Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Need the pressure washer to apply the foam anyway, so a quick rinse after dwell wont hurt. Doing it in the rain would allow you to skip the drying phase though, so still a big time saver.

Soldato
Not tried it and seems like it'd just be a waste of time. Snow foam generally doesn't clean that well, it's more of an aid to assist in a proper wash by softening dirt/general grime esp helpful in harder to access areas. It'll still need a thorough rinse at the very least for a touchless/lazy wash. The residue won't be washed away effectively and risks drying onto the paint and the rain won't obviously get rid of all it. I wouldn't bother.

Associate
Small world, decon and wheel shampoo are on my shopping list at the moment.

How do you think decon fairs to 'de clogg' ceramic coatings that are in need of a bit of TLC?

Have you tried/used wheel shampoo in a foam lance? I've tried a few different wheel cleaners and some work better than others, but I like doing this as its really easy to cover a wheel in loads of foam to let dwell and then agitate with a brush etc.
That is one of its primary functions. It has deep cleansing surfactants that aggressively tackle bonded contaminants and by proxy it deep clears the clear coat and thus a ceramic coating that is layed on top. You would ideally do this once a quarter is once every 6 months to help keep the paintwork as contamination free as possible. We have quote a few customers who use our wheel shampoo through a snowfoam lance. It works quite well in this fashion.

Soldato
have you done it then Cookeh ?

so the only thing i can skip is the drying part
i suppose its better than nothing, hoping to skip the rinse and drying parts lol :D

A couple of times, mostly in winter just to let the filth off and make it look presentable. With a decent enough snowfoam and LSP it's pretty effective though obviously won't get the car completely clean.

Underboss
Not tried it and seems like it'd just be a waste of time. Snow foam generally doesn't clean that well, it's more of an aid to assist in a proper wash by softening dirt/general grime esp helpful in harder to access areas. It'll still need a thorough rinse at the very least for a touchless/lazy wash. The residue won't be washed away effectively and risks drying onto the paint and the rain won't obviously get rid of all it. I wouldn't bother.

A couple of times, mostly in winter just to let the filth off and make it look presentable. With a decent enough snowfoam and LSP it's pretty effective though obviously won't get the car completely clean.

Thanks both

Not sure if I want to try it or not lol

Associate
I'm having no luck with 8 Below. Either strips all my LSP (1:10), hugely degrades my LSP (1:15), or doesn't even vaguely touch the traffic film (1:20). It seems to have a rubbish dwell time, regardless of dilution, and dries rapidly on the car.

I have been using 8 below for a while now and it’s always been fairly good to me. My only gripe with it is the foam sits around on the floor for ages and it’s not as good as bilt hamber on traffic film. Currently trying EZ sub zero what was a Father’s Day gift last year seems to be average all rounder.

Soldato
Stage 1/2 Correction - Anyone know of decent places in Sheffield or surrounding areas?

The car is generally good condition but does have patches of minor scratches/swirls on common areas such as roof, bonnet etc and as I plan to keep the car for a number of years I think it would be worth while to have it corrected. When I clean the car I give it a good going over and apply the best practises to minimise inflicting any damage to the paint so seeing swirls inflicted by someone else is bugging me.

Since the damage is minor I have been tempted to do some research, watch some tutorials and grab the gear to have a decent go myself but not sure If I feel all that brave as the last thing I want to do is inflict any irreversible damage to the paint.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is one of its primary functions. It has deep cleansing surfactants that aggressively tackle bonded contaminants and by proxy it deep clears the clear coat and thus a ceramic coating that is layed on top. You would ideally do this once a quarter is once every 6 months to help keep the paintwork as contamination free as possible. We have quote a few customers who use our wheel shampoo through a snowfoam lance. It works quite well in this fashion.

Thanks, will get an order put in to try them out :)

Associate
Normaly use a jet wash to get rid of the dirt, than a snow foam (recently) been using the pro kleen stuff but not the lance has got a crack in it so going to try and put some silicone on to stop water coming out
The cherry pro kleen stuff was actually very good but anything better around for a similar price?

Caporegime
Haven’t really washed my car properly in ages. So took all the wheels off to clean. Iron X then Autobrite wheel cleaner on wheels.
DujKPrj.jpg lC7pJJX.jpg fLuXJxe.jpg Lkau9TY.jpg
autobrite gloss super sheen did the engine well. Need to wash the rest of car.

any other engine cleaners? I’m impressed with how black and Matt the plastics came up

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking for some advise on the most efficient way to remove swirls from the Black Gloss Panels between front and rear doors.

Not sure how people manage it but even on near new cars I see these swirled to a disgraceful level and unfortunately the one I have just bought isn’t any different.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gilbert have a look at excel detailing supplies

I was considering having the car paint correct but as it is in fairly good condition, despite a couple of areas with the odd light swirl under specific light finding it hard to justify the £300/500

So I have been considering having a fairly basic go myself.

Do they have an actual shop that you can go in and browse or is it just a unit? May give them a call and enquire as they are only 10 minutes from me so that’s convenient.

Last edited:
Associate
Hello all, I just ordered my first ever pressure washer which I'm excited about, I got a refurbished Nilfisk C135 Compact, I know it's not high end but I'm hoping it should be a solid choice for a starter, it's due to arrive this week.

I don't have an outside tap (and won't be getting one until I move house later this year) so I will need to connect to the tap in my kitchen, I have checked the tap and it's threaded so I was going to purchase the Hozelock kitchen tap connector so that I could connect a hose, I see that it says it converts to a 3/4 fitting, my understand (I may be wrong) is that the C135 uses 1/2 hose connector, does that mean I need to get some sort of 3/4 to 1/2 adapter and add that to the tap fitting? If so a link to said product would be much appreciated.

I am going to need a 20m hose, is there any brands I should be looking for that make a good value hose?

Man of Honour
Ive just 'invested' in some Swissvax products for my car, supposed to be good for the matt paint it has on it. Expensive so it must be good, right? :p:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom