What watch do you wear?

Associate
Very happy with it. Presented in a very nice box. Strap will need some time to loosen up.

y4mBIOuLGFKr-d2Yb2Aeb12CJriBExIMVzfjSe6Y5xGJkGR8KoIdCdPJ9qivGIQf13ttrT_owRcA6-a2nE0ubvLxzd6XHXNifqkGXGy5J_Ozb4u_9pqQSN4ywnEIMaHDjXV0IPOAm4ODR2fXDpqxJqjXqMGGWAc3ni8IZwk8jpJYngCOnk9vzqq_qLf6oOlbVAo

y4mxNIqhf2HXqrM0RDCPo0JPIRim4k4rjsz1haNgCLYmO6wLeADGNbt4ibPmhcYmarUf-FEhmldFXTZN64RGdd7E374-4fXsHcCXPQYZpUlSksXYVJEeCAS14pU2yVyqvg9wS2CA7rjbz-qZdwxthBwauk-dnECTJhOx_rsnMF3sQcZv_jDY8kMX6yHh5JtgFcB

y4mNlA9QMIk7WI4CKBeLQ6LZuFgsYwto7ktofVYym9o5oifsi8FVMIe3kM1fmpTMTu6eB4DDSLfJVr1BSIINq7Liz_9RYZtVWdDSf8aGkq5imJdpIaHDYXURzcBB80Kl8veh1m6o19ZcppTOn-QyvuPMhilu2sJuwLvcheXO1VK6ZysIQk2zOGbpauTPWq5CbpQ

Congratulations Sir, very nice watch!

And yeah, I would contact their customer support if I were you regarding the "2" index being misaligned.

Associate
They think it's refraction from the crystal and see a similar effect in the watches they have. But if I want to send it back for them to check, they're happy to do so. I haven't had the chance to check it out in daylight yet, so will consider my options.

Soldato
What's that watch roll? Looks like a rolled up non-slip mat? :D

I think my collection is complete. nothing too fancy, nothing too bare either/ I think just right for my ever changing tastes.

SoTC_2021.02.18.jpg

What models are the two Casios at either end of the set of four in the top right? I've seen them on your Instagram and they would make ideal additions to my collection!

Man of Honour
Those would be the legend that is the F-91W and the DB-81 ST Cognit Schema. The latter is a rare 90s model though made with the AIA collaboration. I'll put it on eBay in a few years and see what collectors bid for i :p

f91w_db91st.jpg

Soldato
Those would be the legend that is the F-91W and the DB-81 ST Cognit Schema. The latter is a rare 90s model though made with the AIA collaboration. I'll put it on eBay in a few years and see what collectors bid for i :p

f91w_db91st.jpg

Sorry I meant the one on the left end not the one next to the DB-81 :) i.e. the one next to the sleeping G-Shock

I love my F-91W :D

Man of Honour
I made a post some time (years?) ago laughing at the price of the link bracelet for an Apple Watch and lo and behold I just went and ordered one :o

Should arrive in a day or some. I have a gold wedding band so wanted it to go with that. Wanted something bold / atypical / unusual. Looking forward to it arriving!

5lGfKF6.jpg

GGFqUX2.jpg

Associate
They think it's refraction from the crystal and see a similar effect in the watches they have. But if I want to send it back for them to check, they're happy to do so. I haven't had the chance to check it out in daylight yet, so will consider my options.
There is no way that one of them is not mis-aligned. I don't see how the crystal could distort the position of the 2 numeral but not the 1 which is within mm of it.

Man of Honour
It doesn't distort from any angle that far into the dial and they haven't changed the crystal from the other versions either!

I actually went back just now into my photos of the Speed edition to double check and here's how the 12 looks on that from angles.

Soldato
Yeah that's not from distortion imo.

Personally I think it's the 1 that is actually off slightly. It looks like it has a slight anticlockwise rotation and it's a tiny bit higher than the 2 at the bottom. Obviously it will seem worse in pictures due to zooming in etc so the difference in vertical alignment might be within tolerances but I'd be questioning the rotation.

Associate
There is no way that one of them is not mis-aligned. I don't see how the crystal could distort the position of the 2 numeral but not the 1 which is within mm of it.
haven't they just placed the 1 and 2 so the gap to the half circle cut out is even? if the two was moved up wouldn't it close the gap on that side due to the shape difference with the top of the one

Soldato
Which one would people get:

Tudor Pelagos
Tudor Black Bay 58
Omega Seamaster
Brietling Navitimer

?

I have the Pelagos. Originally I wanted a Omega Seamaster, then the BB 58 but it was too much like buying a wannabe Rolex. No regrets buying the Pelagos three years ago and still what I use daily.

Soldato
Looking to pick up a new watch for my upcoming birthday. I’ve narrowed it down to a couple. Going to view them next week hopefully. :D this will be my first watch so I’m excited.

browsing watches on the internet is so interesting as there is so much choice (I never knew there were so many models! )

Soldato
Which one would people get:

Tudor Pelagos
Tudor Black Bay 58
Omega Seamaster
Brietling Navitimer

?
The Navitimer is the red herring. The other 3 are divers, so why don't you compare them to something like the Sea Wolf? Personally I'd take the Seamaster. Having had them on the bench previously, the level of detail in the Seamaster is a cut above the BB58 and Pelagos.

Soldato
BlackBay 58 100%. Unashamedly a mini Rolex that will hold its value.

Then get a Seamaster later on. They always come "on offer" if you check HUKD.
I have the Pelagos. Originally I wanted a Omega Seamaster, then the BB 58 but it was too much like buying a wannabe Rolex. No regrets buying the Pelagos three years ago and still what I use daily.
The Navitimer is the red herring. The other 3 are divers, so why don't you compare them to something like the Sea Wolf? Personally I'd take the Seamaster. Having had them on the bench previously, the level of detail in the Seamaster is a cut above the BB58 and Pelagos.

Interesting choices...thanks.

Im on the fence but got an itch for a new watch.
The one i didnt put on that list is teh Brietling B01 Premier but that might just be out of my budget as i can get two of the above for 1 of it.

I do like the tool quality of the Pelagos and the bigger size. Think the BB58 is a little on the small side but i do like the aestheics.
The Seamaster, well its a Seamaster. Only thing that puts me off is the bracelet and the heluium valve...
The Navitimer......Iconic heritage and unmistakable look.

Other one maybe (just maybe) would be the Oris Aquis but i dont think that would scratch my itch

Man of Honour
The v2 Pelagos is not as nice as the OG one. It's bulkier in size for a start due to the in-house movement and the dial is messy with no less than 5 lines of text which is highly annoying. The OG 2nd hand would always be my choice as it is a classier look, and the ETA 2824-2 it uses is top grade with a +1s accuracy per day in any position.

For me as much as I like the BB58, I don't like the polished sides of the case. It has everything else I love in a watch though, no date window, cool look and size... Shame about the side profile! I'd have to send it to a watchmaker to have the side of the case brush finished to match the top, or do it myself like I did with the Longines years ago.

I'd still pick the Pelagos OG though because of its uniqueness and that Titanium case is just brilliant especially as it slowly oxidises and the bracelet clasp mechanism still remains unmatched by anything else Tudor/Rolex have.

Back
Top Bottom