**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S21 Family Thread ****

nam

nam

Soldato
Must admit i never ever went to a shop to browse when I went from my S7 to S9+ just purchased online through Samsung , but maybe will need to have a hold of one when the shops next open

On paper and in videos it didn't seem to be much different to the S10+, but the weight and thickness is really rather noticeable IMO

Associate
I managed to grab a S21 Ultra for £721 with a S10+ trade in and 15% off due to Mother's Day promo. Now i'm looking at cases but i have a wireless charging pad in my BMW and need to check once i get it what sort of case thickness i can get away with.

Intresting reading above that going from a S10+ to the S21 Ultra and it feels a lot thicker and heavy, i'm sure i'll notice this also but after time i'll readjust i'm sure!

Man of Honour
Is this because you ordered a Samsung online only colour?

No was just the black, it had a 7-10 working day delivery when I ordered it, then just got a text:

Dear Samsung customer, we regret to inform you that, due to circumstances beyond our control, the delivery of your new Samsung Galaxy S21 product has been delayed, this will now be with you before 26th March. Our courier partners will be in touch when your product has been dispatched and we will also contact you via email. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Soldato
I wasn't too sure about the Buds live, the sound didnt seem that good compared to my Jabra's, and the buds felt 'weird' in the ears.

But I changed the wingtips to the large ones and everything is so much better. The sound is much improved as is the feeling in my lugholes :)

Associate
Generally been really happy with this phone but I do have a first world problem. I have dark mode turn on in a schedule, and quite often the Google app doesn't change back to light mode automatically without either force closing the Google app or restarting the phone. It seems completely random and doesn't affect any other app. I've tried uninstalling updates, clearing cache. It might work for a few days but it always cocks up again. It's literally one of the only things spoiling the phone, even though its not really the phones fault.

Caporegime
Haha. It's a chunky boy alright. First impressions?

Battery is a lot better than the Note 10+ 5G. Normal day of work and it's 66% full still. Note would be below 40%.

The screen is beautiful, the smoothness is really noticeable. No noticeable difference in screen quality to my eye other than the refresh rate.

Not sure it feels any faster other than the screen. The Note 10+ was no slouch.

I don't like the size/weight overall. They've gone too far with this aspect for my taste. Need to find something to protect the camera area as I can imagine it getting damaged easily even with a case.

Seems less buggy than the Note 10+ which had issues with rotating to full screen youtube videos I could never fix.

They have fixed the vibration with high volumes that was an issue on the Note 10+, that mad it feel cheap (would vibrate the rear panel).

Fingerprint reader is much more reliable.

Not really compared camera quality yet. The Note 10+ was mediocre in poor light, hope this is better as this was my main driver for upgrading other than the screen upgrade.

Dropping microSD support seemed unnecessary too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anybody moved over from any of the iPhone 12 models? If so how have you found the s21 ultra model?

I’ve been watching reviews of it and I’m really impressed by the camera and manual options you get in the os.

Soldato
Do it you won't regret it

I've tried android a couple of times tbf, but I just didn't get on with it. It seems to be very similar with iOS now.

The reason I am looking for change is that I'm simply just bored of Apple and it's ecosystem. I barely use my Mac unless I'm word processing. I have a windows ultrabook which does that with no issues and tbf, it was a bit of an impulse buy as I intended on doing some video work but I lost interest.

So I'm looking to change but I am unsure if I will like it or regret it.

Associate
Has anybody moved over from any of the iPhone 12 models? If so how have you found the s21 ultra model?

I’ve been watching reviews of it and I’m really impressed by the camera and manual options you get in the os.
yes i moved over from an iphone 12 pro max, night and day difference, i love the s21 ultra

Soldato
Battery is a lot better than the Note 10+ 5G. Normal day of work and it's 66% full still. Note would be below 40%.

The screen is beautiful, the smoothness is really noticeable. No noticeable difference in screen quality to my eye other than the refresh rate.

Not sure it feels any faster other than the screen. The Note 10+ was no slouch.

I don't like the size/weight overall. They've gone too far with this aspect for my taste. Need to find something to protect the camera area as I can imagine it getting damaged easily even with a case.

Seems less buggy than the Note 10+ which had issues with rotating to full screen youtube videos I could never fix.

They have fixed the vibration with high volumes that was an issue on the Note 10+, that mad it feel cheap (would vibrate the rear panel).

Fingerprint reader is much more reliable.

Not really compared camera quality yet. The Note 10+ was mediocre in poor light, hope this is better as this was my main driver for upgrading other than the screen upgrade.

Dropping microSD support seemed unnecessary too.

Sounds like its a keeper for you. Let's us know how you get on with the camera, I personally though the cams were a let down in terms of detail and dynamic range.

Caporegime
Sounds like its a keeper for you. Let's us know how you get on with the camera, I personally though the cams were a let down in terms of detail and dynamic range.

I was really put off by the chonkiness but I'm sold now.

Camera seems a big step up over the Note 10+ which I was never happy with. I'm sure there's better out there but I'll live in ignorance for now.

Back
Top Bottom