• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My new Gigabyte Master 3080 RMA'D

Soldato
OP
They have offered me a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA looks nice, not that I have much choice since getting a card is so difficult Ive accepted , Hope the EVGA is a good card never owned their brand before

Associate
I had something very similar with my Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC. After trying everything (new PSU included, drivers, DDU...) I RMAed it. They gave me a new one and I did not have any issues again (this was 10 days ago, fingers crossed). My GPU was a bit odd in this regard, though, it could be fine for a few days and then start doing that time after time in a question of minutes. The good news is that the RMA process took just 5 days (but I drove there to leave and collect the card) and, although they told me that the GPU was fine because they had not experienced the issue themselves, they replaced it anyway. Quite a few people are reporting the same problem in the forum, at the end, they are going to have a bunch of "totally fine" GPUs in there.

Hello Guys, I didn't want to make an extra topic. I have almost 100% of the same problems. I bought the card in December and now I get blackscreens in the game. Sometimes after a short time, sometimes after a little longer. In the background, however, I can still hear my colleagues in Teamspeak. But i must do an hardreset. My Computer-Dealer sent the card back to me as not being faulty. I wrote to Gigabyte via the e-mail system, but for just over 2 weeks I have been waiting for an answer that might help me. Can someone help me? I come from Germany, sry for my bad english

Associate
They have offered me a EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA looks nice, not that I have much choice since getting a card is so difficult Ive accepted , Hope the EVGA is a good card never owned their brand before

EVGA is a great brand, yes :). I am sure it will be fine.

Hello Guys, I didn't want to make an extra topic. I have almost 100% of the same problems. I bought the card in December and now I get blackscreens in the game. Sometimes after a short time, sometimes after a little longer. In the background, however, I can still hear my colleagues in Teamspeak. But i must do an hardreset. My Computer-Dealer sent the card back to me as not being faulty. I wrote to Gigabyte via the e-mail system, but for just over 2 weeks I have been waiting for an answer that might help me. Can someone help me? I come from Germany, sry for my bad english

The best you can do is to directly send a message to the RMA service, they are very fast and will take care of it. Their e-mail is: UK RMA Team <[email protected]> I found the web-based e-mail system to be mostly useless. They take forever to answer and, when they do, they tell you the obvious things you have already tried.

Permabanned
What a horrible experience guys. What is it with Gigabyte stuff eh? I've never bought any of their stuff although not deliberately. Are they generally to be avoided compared to the other big brands?

I rarely buy anything but Gigabyte. They are a darned good manufacturer with excellent warranty service. All brands have issues, and a few horror stories really shouldn't influence you. I have had more issues with Asus than Gigabyte. Having said that, it does seem that Gigabyte has been having troubles with some of their cards and power, hence the fact that some are being quietly released as version 2 & 3's. There is, I believe a version 3 of the Master that addresses power issues.

Associate
The best you can do is to directly send a message to the RMA service, they are very fast and will take care of it. Their e-mail is: UK RMA Team <[email protected]> I found the web-based e-mail system to be mostly useless. They take forever to answer and, when they do, they tell you the obvious things you have already tried.

thanks for your help. The UK team has already answered and given me the german address. My dealer has also contacted me and has now offered to send the card to Gigabyte. The only Problem i have, i had no replacement

Associate
I rarely buy anything but Gigabyte. They are a darned good manufacturer with excellent warranty service. All brands have issues, and a few horror stories really shouldn't influence you. I have had more issues with Asus than Gigabyte. Having said that, it does seem that Gigabyte has been having troubles with some of their cards and power, hence the fact that some are being quietly released as version 2 & 3's. There is, I believe a version 3 of the Master that addresses power issues.

Yes, I think that something was slightly wrong with some of the first batches. Relatively lots of people with the same problem, affecting both Aorus and regular Gigabytes. I guess it was a component common to both cards. In my first unit it was definitely a power issue, however the replacement has been fine already during a whole month by now.

Associate
I'm waiting on a 3080 Aorus Xtreme from a competitor... has anyone received one recently who can confirm something for me?

Older posts say that the memory can top 110C when gaming (Cyberpunk for example). This is due to crappy thermal pads which degrade and leak oil. I don't really want to risk my warranty by taking the card apart and replacing the pads. I also don't want to cancel my order because I paid £900 and I can't get any other RTX 3080 model for that price currently.

Basically have Gigabyte done anything about these cheap pads on newer batches or are they still the same crap ones?

Seems crazy that'd they would add an extra 8pin to the Master in later revisions but not address something as simple as thermal pads which will likely cost them tons in warranty replacements when the memory dies (since the Aorus has a 4 year warranty!)

Associate
I am not sure about the 3080 Xtreme, but the replacement 3090 Gaming OC I received does not have particularly "bad" thermals in this regard. When gaming and using 100% of the GPU the RAM never goes above 92ºC, and for normal tasks it stays at 68-72ºC. Always within the official tolerances.

Associate
I am not sure about the 3080 Xtreme, but the replacement 3090 Gaming OC I received does not have particularly "bad" thermals in this regard. When gaming and using 100% of the GPU the RAM never goes above 92ºC, and for normal tasks it stays at 68-72ºC. Always within the official tolerances.

Cheers for the feedback @IICIIEII .That definitely sounds like an improvement! While 92C sounds a little toasty (some people with thermal pad replacements on the 3080 are hitting 85C max) from what I gather the 3090 can get hotter than the 3080 because the memory is on both sides of the PCB. So it sounds like they've done something about it. Can anyone else confirm?

Associate
Cheers for the feedback @IICIIEII .That definitely sounds like an improvement! While 92C sounds a little toasty (some people with thermal pad replacements on the 3080 are hitting 85C max) from what I gather the 3090 can get hotter than the 3080 because the memory is on both sides of the PCB. So it sounds like they've done something about it. Can anyone else confirm?

I hope so. im in the same boat. still in a queu for mine. still holding out with my 1080ti kingpin.

Soldato
OP
well my EVGA FTW3 Ultra is running pretty sweet, gamed all last night and it never went over 72c fans were about 45% according to the EVGA software, I did undervolted it to 1v I tried .095 but it crashed to desktop while playing the Division2 @ 1 it was stable. Its showing 60fps because its in the Menu of Black Ops 4.

Associate
This is an update that may hopefully help someone else.

I was getting the black screen 100% fan crash on my Gigabyte 3090 Xtreme. This was not caused by stressing the card.

Long story short my retailer in the UK and Gigabyte tested the card just by stressing it and said it was fine (ignoring my detailed information on how to replicate the crash). I insisted Gigabyte test the card how I described and Gigabyte Taiwan asked for a video of the crash happening. Just as the retailer was going to dispatch the card back to me so I could record a video they came back to me and Gigabyte offered a refund or exchange. Was unsure about an exchange but as the price on 3090's seems to be about £700+ more than I paid went exchange.

New card arrived today (looks brand new). Currently running a game that would cause the crash pretty quickly and so far no crashes. Can't say for sure if it is problem solved but looking OK so far. If so was definitely a fault with the card.

Not great support from Gigabyte initially but hopefully the exchange has solved the problem.

Soldato
OP
This is an update that may hopefully help someone else.

I was getting the black screen 100% fan crash on my Gigabyte 3090 Xtreme. This was not caused by stressing the card.

Long story short my retailer in the UK and Gigabyte tested the card just by stressing it and said it was fine (ignoring my detailed information on how to replicate the crash). I insisted Gigabyte test the card how I described and Gigabyte Taiwan asked for a video of the crash happening. Just as the retailer was going to dispatch the card back to me so I could record a video they came back to me and Gigabyte offered a refund or exchange. Was unsure about an exchange but as the price on 3090's seems to be about £700+ more than I paid went exchange.

New card arrived today (looks brand new). Currently running a game that would cause the crash pretty quickly and so far no crashes. Can't say for sure if it is problem solved but looking OK so far. If so was definitely a fault with the card.

Not great support from Gigabyte initially but hopefully the exchange has solved the problem.

yeah i was lucky my card went down within 5 days so I sent mine back to .... and they replaced mine with a EVGA can cant be happier

Back
Top Bottom