Fuchsia Friday: Google is preparing for Fuchsia’s first developer releases

Associate
why google why, just do a pc version of Android.

While Android is based upon Linux and could technically be run on a PC, the user experience would be horrible. They couldn't even get a good experience on tablets, which have much more similarities to phones than a PC.

ChromeOS is Google's current "desktop" offering, which allows you to run Android apps. This is pretty much the best you'll get now. Emulating the app environment means that app developers don't have to code specifically for the myriad of possible PC displays; this already sucks for the numerous phone resolutions.

Soldato
OP
While Android is based upon Linux and could technically be run on a PC, the user experience would be horrible. They couldn't even get a good experience on tablets, which have much more similarities to phones than a PC.

ChromeOS is Google's current "desktop" offering, which allows you to run Android apps. This is pretty much the best you'll get now. Emulating the app environment means that app developers don't have to code specifically for the myriad of possible PC displays; this already sucks for the numerous phone resolutions.
I wouldn't want it for a normal pc, just be cool to make your own streaming box/blueray player with a case.like https://antec.com/product/case/isk300-150 there os Win10. but MS is greedy.

Last edited:
Associate
I wouldn't want it for a normal pc, just be cool to make your own streaming box/blueray player with a case.like https://antec.com/product/case/isk300-150 there os Win10. but MS is greedy.

I already have a dell 3020 sitting in the cabinet under my TV that probably didn't cost much more than that case. Actually the 14TB upgrade may have cost a bit

I think by being a member of these forums your idea of a normal PC probably differs from the norm

Soldato
OP
I already have a dell 3020 sitting in the cabinet under my TV that probably didn't cost much more than that case. Actually the 14TB upgrade may have cost a bit

I think by being a member of these forums your idea of a normal PC probably differs from the norm

Well I would love a lot more smaller SFF cases. With a slim ODD & room for a 2x full height GPU. Not sure why the trend is no ODD cases, it is small enough to go under the tv, but you need a ext ODD to play a movie.

Last edited:
Associate
Well I would love a lot more smaller SFF cases. With a slim ODD & room for a 2x full height GPU. Not sure why the trend is no ODD cases, it is small enough to go under the tv, but you need a ext ODD to play a movie.
I've got a Antec NSK2400 but it's too large for under my tv and not quite large enough for modern GPUs which tend to be a lit taller than the PCI height with power cables plugged in.

Back
Top Bottom