• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

VOUCHER CODE DEALS CONCEPT PLAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK Staff
OP
What happens if you price a GPU at 20,000 pound and someone actually buys it at that price?

More fool them!

They keep it or get a full refund but it won’t be a way for all to get a card at the special price, they will be told keep it or send back for a full refund. Might teach some of those of their using bots to order irrelevant of the price, but that would be a really dumb thing to do.

Soldato
If this is a reward for loyal forum members than I think the 1000 posts and 1 year minimum is a great idea. And I don't think that should be changed, even if the trial goes well.

Forums survive by people contributing.

Associate
Putting prices on the website like that will generate bad press, you'll be accused of scalping yourselves, and being part of the problem, may i suggest another way of approaching this, you have customers that are already in the queue for 3080 cards, start with them?

Associate
Putting prices on the website like that will generate bad press, you'll be accused of scalping yourselves, and being part of the problem, may i suggest another way of approaching this, you have customers that are already in the queue for 3080 cards, start with them?
His is putting 1 card up at 10k just to test the system for the forum members only .. FYI have you seen the prices on other websites ? Very few have even close to MSRP on cards atm it won't generate bad press as no one will see it only bots and forum members :D

Associate
Its already been said that cards wont be offered for sale in this particular method until the backorder queue has been cleared.
Set the price to something truly ridiculous like £99,999, that way nobody can accuse you of taking advantage on the price

@Gibbo , @ScottiB , can one of you drop me a PM, im willing to assist with an idea i have

Associate
Seems a bit unfair to the guys that have been around for years, purchasing from OCUK for years but yet browse the forums and dont post replies or threads wouldnt be able to . That would be the customers I would personally want to provide for, Not people who either spam the forums with useless comments although granted there are a few members out there who post regular who try and help others but not a true reflection of the 1000+ post count and 6 Month + idea. For example someone could have posted 1000+ comments but never actually been a customer of OCUK.

Associate
I have used ocuk at different points when I've been after bits for my pc. My last pc before this one was in 2012. Things like this may be good for "loyal" customers of yours in the short run but won't help you in the long term. It will make me look elsewhere for other related items. I appreciate something needs to be done but this isn't it. You have plenty of "loyal" customers I'd imagine who have shopped with you many years who have never posted once on your forum. At the end of the day you can run it as you see fit just don't complain if sales drop.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
So a 3060 is on sale for £10,000 - guess the system is being tested
it's up in the MM now

I have used ocuk at different points when I've been after bits for my pc. My last pc before this one was in 2012. Things like this may be good for "loyal" customers of yours in the short run but won't help you in the long term. It will make me look elsewhere for other related items. I appreciate something needs to be done but this isn't it. You have plenty of "loyal" customers I'd imagine who have shopped with you many years who have never posted once on your forum. At the end of the day you can run it as you see fit just don't complain if sales drop.

Seems a bit unfair to the guys that have been around for years, purchasing from OCUK for years but yet browse the forums and dont post replies or threads wouldnt be able to . That would be the customers I would personally want to provide for, Not people who either spam the forums with useless comments although granted there are a few members out there who post regular who try and help others but not a true reflection of the 1000+ post count and 6 Month + idea. For example someone could have posted 1000+ comments but never actually been a customer of OCUK.
Please read the opening post, read my responses...this is a test of a concept... we cannot just throw it in a public section due to bot connections.

Soldato
Ocuk have to draw the line somewhere, I agree that people who make previous purchases would be a good target also, but reading what they are saying, they don't want to spend additional time or resource on this.

As such this is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom