Poll: Bahrain Grand Prix 2021, Sakhir - Race 1/23

Rate the 2021 Bahrain Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
O8fZytu.png
Sakhir
When was the track built?
Ground was broken for the Bahrain International Circuit in December 2002. Like the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, the developers had a blank, sandy canvas to work with, and with that fashioned the technical, 5.4km track designed by Hermann Tilke.

When was its first Grand Prix?
It was 2004 when the drivers first lined up under an unusually cloudy sky for the inaugural Bahrain Grand Prix. The race was dominated (like many in 2004) by the two Ferraris, with Michael Schumacher winning out from Rubens Barrichello, while the crowds were also treated to a fantastic dog-fight between the Jaguar of Mark Webber and the Renault of Fernando Alonso.

What’s the circuit like?
You can usually expect great racing and decent amounts of overtaking in Bahrain, while the drivers have to contend with wind, racing under floodlights and the difficulty of finding a decent set-up with the wide temperature fluctuations between sessions. The track’s most challenging point is the tight, downhill, off-camber Turn 10 left-hander, while the fast run through Turn 12 is another highlight, allowing the racers to really feel their cars coming alive.

TV Times
Sky:
AjPfxis.png

C4:
Sat - Quali Highlights 6.30pm
Sun - Race Highlights 8.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
9Yx7hwH.png

Weather Forecast
NMLOeFU.png

2020 Race highlights
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...wins-and-grosjean.4t7UJosYs6uVr9LFAMFGhG.html

WDC Standings
[to be added]

Constructors' Championship Standings
[to be added]

Practice 1
tpPA2I3.png

Practice 2
d7xnVcm.png

Practice 3
zqBZFAO.png

Qualifying
ghcGJ02.png

Race
f8wt95D.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to the hectic-ness that is the first race if the season, even if it isn't Aus.

Got free sports for the whole year, so will be interesting to see some of the build up live.

Associate
Thanks for the thread @Shimmy :)

Looking forward to the season starting, has everyone signed up to the fantasy formula1?

Has anyone signed up to the NowTV deal of £20 a month for the length of the season?

Will be on the CH4 highlights here. NowTV being live only for F1 is what holds me back from doing that as its rare I can watch a race live.

Very much looking forward to this season, lets see if Merc are bluffing or their car does actually have issues. Where are Ferrari going to be? How much have Mclaren managed to pull closer with Merc power.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I wouldn’t. It’s flat out for more than 80% of the lap, which makes overtaking or catching up basically impossible.

As a layout it’s fine in principle but for the first race of the season it could be procession.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I wouldn’t. It’s flat out for more than 80% of the lap, which makes overtaking or catching up basically impossible.

As a layout it’s fine in principle but for the first race of the season it could be procession.

Exactly. It's perfectly in keeping with what the sport has subsided into ;)

Caporegime
Didn't realise it was this weekend.

18:30 highlights. Not bad time that

I don't pay attention to the pre season games anymore. Means nothin
Personally in expecting mclaren to be right up there.

Kind of tempted to have a bet on mclaren as wcc

Transmission breaker
Don
Caporegime
For that to happen McLaren would need to have found something like 1 second per lap more than Mercedes and Red Bull and for a 1999-style cockup from the top too.

It is a lot.
But they were already good. They've changed power unit (assuming merc is a still best PU), two great drivers.

It's a long shot. But worth a fiver

As an alpine/Renault supporter I think I'm in for a **** year!

Soldato
Discounting races with mid or late safety cars, the closest McLaren finished behind with winner was a full minute, though on the positive side that was at the final race.

I think they've upgraded a driver and obviously they will have an upgraded PU, though in terms of out and out power I don't think the Renault was too far behind Mercedes last season, and certainly a lot closer than they used to be.

I've predicted them being the third fastest team, a few tenths behind the leading cars but with a small gap to the cars behind. They might mix it with Bottas occasionally and Perez will probably be around that sort of pace in qualifying if he settles well. Ferrari are a bit of an unknown though.

Renault shouldn't be too bad. They finished 2020 strongly and Ocon found his way. I doubt Alonso will have Ricciardo pace as he was rarely a great qualifier anyway - his forte was race consistency and how much he's lost will determine how good a season he has.

Back
Top Bottom