• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I gave up waiting and bought a 5900X from a US retailer, at slightly over the US RRP. I was charged import duties/taxes at point of purchase, which came to around $200. Total price was about £700, which is a little more than I'd have liked. However, I'm in Ireland, and if I bought from the UK I'm not sure how much import tax would have been added thank's to Brexit, so it may have ended up costing as much that way. It would be nice to have a local retailer, but I can't find even a 3900X from any Irish supplier.

Soldato
I might cancel anyhow - after ordering, the ETA went from April (basket) to July (confirmation email)!

That's kind of shady :(
You will likely get it earlier than the estimate, I had a 3060Ti delivered at least 60 quid cheaper than UK retail price within a couple of weeks. I also ordered one of these to replace my 3700x but not quite sure why :p the amount of cores is not really an issue as I will probably build a whole new system in a couple of years if Meteor Lake and Zen 5 or whatever are a big jump anyway.

Caporegime
You will likely get it earlier than the estimate, I had a 3060Ti delivered at least 60 quid cheaper than UK retail price within a couple of weeks. I also ordered one of these to replace my 3700x but not quite sure why :p the amount of cores is not really an issue as I will probably build a whole new system in a couple of years if Meteor Lake and Zen 5 or whatever are a big jump anyway.
Well, given that the deal was live for a whole 12 hours or so, either there is plenty of stock now, and UK prices should start falling soon, or millions of orders are going to be cancelled!

Can only imagine how many orders were placed in 12 hours at that price!

Associate
Has there been any update on the state of 5900x orders yet, i have not received any e-mail since i ordered mine back in January and there has not really been any updates on it.

Associate
I gave up waiting and bought a 5900X from a US retailer, at slightly over the US RRP. I was charged import duties/taxes at point of purchase, which came to around $200. Total price was about £700, which is a little more than I'd have liked. However, I'm in Ireland, and if I bought from the UK I'm not sure how much import tax would have been added thank's to Brexit, so it may have ended up costing as much that way. It would be nice to have a local retailer, but I can't find even a 3900X from any Irish supplier.

Took the bullet and also ordered myself one off of ebay from the US. Cost me about £550 inc shipping. Which (I might be wrong but) imo isn't that bad considering how much theyre going for. I am now dreading the import taxes cause I something tells me they'll be atleast £100+:(. Does anyone here know?

Now just gonna patiently wait for my 3080 while the rest of my parts are still in their boxes catching dust :).

Soldato
Took the bullet and also ordered myself one off of ebay from the US. Cost me about £550 inc shipping. Which (I might be wrong but) imo isn't that bad considering how much theyre going for. I am now dreading the import taxes cause I something tells me they'll be atleast £100+:(. Does anyone here know?

I'm quite certain CPU imports have a NULL (0%) import rate. So you'll be paying £110 VAT plus what ever processing fee the shipping agents charge.

Associate
Well still cheaper than UK retailers when they get them in stock, 5900x other day was £800 and £850 at two different retailers that had them in stock, then the 5950x is now £1000 to £1200 when in stock. You can't win really.

this is true. I ordered mine the night before a certain retailer emailed me saying they have stock in the morning. I was ready to ball my eyes out. Then I saw the £800 price tag :D. Saved

so I guess it’s still *somewhat* worth it if I’m having to pay £550+£110/130 for it.

Soldato
Well, given that the deal was live for a whole 12 hours or so, either there is plenty of stock now, and UK prices should start falling soon, or millions of orders are going to be cancelled!

Can only imagine how many orders were placed in 12 hours at that price!
Mine was quoting delivery in late June (ordered about 8 hours after it went live), and it's just been dispatched

Associate
I was 210 in a UK queue elsewhere for a 5900x on 25th Feb. Obviously I will not say where (I ordered on release day in November, order accepted 20 mins after release, £510).

I just got my dispatch note emailed by them. My point is that I expect it's highly likely OCUK are going to get a batch in too any time now!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom