Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Nice collection! Are the chis and Sean's legit? I got both pairs of Travis for retail. Sold the highs for £800 or something mad and went and bought a £100 pair of reps that looked identical. Yes I shall definitely be after the bacons too.

Im kind of embarrassed it's got a bit out of hand, but here's one of my air max walls...

DWistnK.jpeg

I've gotten quite lucky on raffles over the last few years and sold a lot of pairs allowing me to fund my own collection.

I mostly collect air max 1s but have a lot of 90s, a few 95s and a whole load of other nikes / jordans/ adidas / new balance / asics

Blimey, that's awesome!

Soldato
Speaking of expensive piles of wood...

New fences...

to match..

m6Ryiug.jpg

That's lovely. Was originally looking at building one in this style a few months ago as my office was to become a nursery.

At the last minute this turned up on ebay, used, for a great price so snapped it up and it turned up a few days later on a hiab. Not as nice looking but for the price and effort saved it's been awesome.

t6UgrW6.jpg

Decking to follow.

Associate
I'll turn the conversation more Chavy with some fake grass i'm in the process of installing

I'd be interested in how you find this. Having recently got a dog our new lawn has taken an absolute battering. I always wanted nice grass but I can absolutely see the appeal of the fake stuff, especially as our garden isn't very big. Is it very obviously plastic-y? That's what would put me off

At the last minute this turned up on ebay, used, for a great price so snapped it up and it turned up a few days later on a hiab. Not as nice looking but for the price and effort saved it's been awesome.

Just "turned up on eBay" :p amazing what people sell on there. I'd never have thought to look for something like this.

Soldato
That's lovely. Was originally looking at building one in this style a few months ago as my office was to become a nursery.

t6UgrW6.jpg

Decking to follow.

As a complete unit?

The one I've got (and perhaps I've gone too far) is a proper fully skinned/air gapped/insulated building, it's to housing standard apparently.. we figured we might as well go all in.

Soldato
I went for “Keychron K6 Wireless Mechanical Key- board (UK ISO Layout) - RGB Backlight / Gateron Mechanical / Red”

I’m really happy with it. It’s doing literally everything I wanted it to - it’s small, feels great, bluetoothed to up to 3 devices, and was about £62 I think.

Thus far, I’d strongly recommend it. Having said that, I just got rid of a KEMOVE dk61, which I decided I hated over time. But, this has the ISO layout which the KEMOVE didn’t, and that’s one of the major issues I had. The other was patchy Bluetooth, and only time we’ll tell on that, but I did overcome the first hurdle which is the multiple device Bluetooth, which I couldn’t get working with the KEMOVE.

Sorry if that’s a bit rambling.

Thanks man. I really like mine too, but prefer ANSI because it's so much easier to find key caps for it. I have the hot-swappable reds version, will get around to swapping the switches at some point, but mainly because I miss using the silvers on my ducky one 2 sf.

Soldato
I really like the look of these style garden offices. I fancy one at the bottom of my garden, but any savings are already ear marked for an extension and loft conversion at the moment. It's definitely on the list though. Very smart.

Soldato
I really like the look of these style garden offices. I fancy one at the bottom of my garden, but any savings are already ear marked for an extension and loft conversion at the moment. It's definitely on the list though. Very smart.

It's actually going to be a gym so prepare the thread for an avalanche of other crap I've bought, a bike, treadmill, weights and a TV are going in there at least.

I've picked a great time to buy such things :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'd be interested in how you find this. Having recently got a dog our new lawn has taken an absolute battering. I always wanted nice grass but I can absolutely see the appeal of the fake stuff, especially as our garden isn't very big. Is it very obviously plastic-y? That's what would put me off

Seems decent so far. It's from Forever Green Lawns and called "Boston". They do a sample pack you can apply for.

There was some old fake grass already down when we moved in, but it had seen better days and with the dogs and their claws it ended up with more fake grass than real grass on it!

It's great that the dogs can play on it without bringing muddy paws into the house though.

Soldato
As a complete unit?

The one I've got (and perhaps I've gone too far) is a proper fully skinned/air gapped/insulated building, it's to housing standard apparently.. we figured we might as well go all in.

Yeah fully insulated, electric
furnished with kitchen, loo radiators lights etc. It had been used as a marketing suite on a new housing estate for a few years.

Much better done properly rather than trying to insulate a shed.

For 9k delivered and installed I was ecstatic.

Last edited:
Soldato
I guess we were lucky there was a rotten summer house on a totally over the top concrete slab there before so it's got a great base too.

The cost is eye watering when you add the full garden landscaping too but it needed doing and gives us no reason to leave for the foreseeable.

Soldato
It's actually going to be a gym so prepare the thread for an avalanche of other crap I've bought, a bike, treadmill, weights and a TV are going in there at least.

I've picked a great time to buy such things :rolleyes:

Ha my gyms been sat unused for over 12 months now. Bad times:(

Was certainly tempting to flog it all at the start of lockdown when prices were about 5x what I paid for everything but knew I'd never end up buying it back.

You will need one of these next
QOL1Pe0.jpg .

Its not even warm yet but the office hitting about 27 deg in the afternoon when the sun hits it with the pc's on. Will use it until I find a cheap used wall mounted system and then relegate it to the bedroom in summer.

Associate
PXL-20210326-114305538.jpg

Soldato
As someone who has bought one pair of trainers in a decade, it was a busy trainer week. Don't know if they are controversial enough for this thread though. One pair of running shoes and one pair for casual.

Associate
Seems decent so far. It's from Forever Green Lawns and called "Boston". They do a sample pack you can apply for.

There was some old fake grass already down when we moved in, but it had seen better days and with the dogs and their claws it ended up with more fake grass than real grass on it!

It's great that the dogs can play on it without bringing muddy paws into the house though.
Thanks for the info. I think we'll give it one spring/summer to see if the lawn can recover but if not I'll be looking down this route before too long.

Back
Top Bottom