Xmp_1 or XMP_2... ??? …….which is best to use & Why ?

Associate
Good Day ALL

I have a new PC fitted with >>>

Rog strix Z490-F motherboard

Corsair vengeance 32gb 3600mhz ram

Intel I7 10700K CPU ( water cooled )

My question is this >>

I’m really confused which ram XMP to use ????.......... Xmp_1 or XMP_2 ???? …….which is best to use & Why ?

Thank you for ANY help

Take Care ALL Be Safe > !!!!

Last edited:
Associate
The internet says thst xmp 2 profiles may be very slightly more tightly timed than xmp 1. (both are held on your RAM).

However when I checked my ram i could see no difference between profile 1 and 2. I just used 1.

What happens if you use two different specification ram sticks? I'd like to think that the ram with the most relaxed timers would be taken for use. Then they'd stand a better chance of both working together I suppose.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The internet sats thst xmp 2 profiles may be very slightly more tightly timed than xmp 1. (both are held on your RAM).

However when I checked my ram i could see no difference between profile 1 and 2. I just used 1.

What happens if you use two different specification ram sticks? I'd like to think that the ram with the most relaxed timers would be taken for use. Then they'd stand a better chance of both working together I suppose.

Good evening....

Thank you for your reply.

I too this evening have undertaken a few hrs on Google reading up on this subject.

It's interesting how little detailed information there is on this subject. ?

I have this evening tested my system with xmp1 and xmp2..... I too found no real difference?

So I also left the xmp set to profile no1....... as this in turn will allow the motherboard to optimze the rest of the ram settings / timings etc.... during use.

After checking with Cpu-z and other system feedback software......

I have a cpu running at 5.2mhz ( under very low load ) .... base 3.8mhz and ram running at 4200mhz base 3600mhz.

ALL THIS WAS SIMPLY OBTAINED USING THE ASUS MOTHER BOARD AI OVERCLOCKING SOFTWARE. Almost click and Go !!!!!

Very impressive speeds and task speeds completed too.....

Thank you again for your reply take care out there

Via mobile phone >>>>

Last edited:
Soldato
It depends on your rams XMP profiles some have 2 different xmp profiles and some have exact same profiles on both. So easy to check is click each and look at the timmings/settings it sets.

Associate
OP
It depends on your rams XMP profiles some have 2 different xmp profiles and some have exact same profiles on both. So easy to check is click each and look at the timmings/settings it sets.

Good Day Sorry for the very late reply.

I have checked my Ram 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB) and XMP 1 + XMP 2 are both the same on the ram..... so i'm assuming that the only difference is that the XMP1 allows the motherboard some degree of control etc....... Where XMP2 load the FULL XMP2 profile.

Thank you again :)

Last edited:
Soldato
My machine was delivered to me with XMP2 selected, I was wondering about that myself. (32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB Pro 3200)

Associate
OP
My machine was delivered to me with XMP2 selected, I was wondering about that myself. (32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB Pro 3200)

Good morning

I've rechecked my ram again, the XMP1 + XMP2 are definitely both the same I.e times, voltage etc etc.

I have mine set to XMP1..... while system is running........ I've checked the rams speed and its running @ 3600mhz.

EDIT UPDATE !!!

I found this :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDzrq5IxBX4&t=10s VERY Good Video

MY RAM SPEED = IMAGE https://photos.app.goo.gl/uSXkp5wMrdiw4vGo6

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom