Poll: **** The official Apple Watch Series 5 thread ****

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 5?

• Total voters
Associate
With my S5 Cellular 40mm, I'm getting thoroughly abysmal battery life on WatchOS 7, and after diags and checking it I've realised battery health's around 70% or so! Appointment today at local Apple store to swap it out.

7-8 hours use - up at 7am, a workout and a couple of tracked walks... watch is toast mid to late afternoon over the last couple of weeks.

Associate
Are Apple replacing it for free?

Turns out the low health report's an anomaly for some and it's 89% grrr... diags done in store and battery health is "in line with projections and age, given use". They could send it off for a battery replacement, but would have been chargeable at current health level, although free if 70% it showed me.

From what the in store Genius said, a good number of the staff in the shop were having similar battery life issues to me, so at least I know it's not hardware as such! Service in store and via Support app was ace though, have to say.

Man of Honour
When charging my watch it gets to 98% quite quickly, but the last few percent take a good 20-30 minutes - is this normal? Apart from this battery life is normal.

Associate
With most batteries that’s entirely normal, or so I’ve learned from LTT. My background is linguistics and law enforcement, so it’s 2nd hand knowledge and from YouTube, but seems legit :)

Not observed it directly on my S5 watch as I’m a light sleeper. I take it off and put it on the charger when I go to bed, switched off, and just reach out and flick the switch around 4am when, as I do 99% of nights, I pop awake for absolutely no reason. Presto, fully charged watch at 6am when the alarm I’ve been waiting for for 15 minutes already goes off :(

Back
Top Bottom