• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Associate
I'm mighty impressed with the sapphire card, just played 2 hours of apex fully maxed out. Gpu 99/100% utilised at 1440p, card held 2650mhz clock speeds constantly.

Associate
Try quake 2 rtx on steam for free, its just got a update to make it run on vulkan with ray tracing and performance suppose to be improved. Its a good way i think to try out ray tracing at least for free on new cards.

That and for path tracing games at 1440p you can easily use the resolution scaler for a nigh on negligent drop in visual quality for a massive boost in FPS

Associate
Sapphire nitro 6700xt delivered yesterday, it's a chunky bugger, but look's great. Not messed around with setting's too much, ie undervolting stuff, just had an hour of AMS2 and ACC, seem's to be performing as i expected.
Ran firestrike, over 12000 point's with my 3900x and 16gb of memory@ 3600.
Going to try VR later, Quest 2, so thank's OCUK, and @Gibbo and the gang for the deal opportunity.

Last edited:
Associate
What prices are these generally going for (not including the FE and reference unobtainiums)?

As with anything in this stupid market the prices swing massively, but you can definitely pick one up for £600-700. Mine was £680.

But short of a future forum deal here (or the mythical FE), you won't see a 3070 near these prices most are in the 800-900 range.

Soldato
6700 fighter installed with no issues what so ever. No coil whine that I could detect. I still quite like the look of the latest nvidia stuff since they come with better optimisation for ray tracing and feature the superior nvenc stuff, plus some of the RTX lower end cards run a bit cooler/quieter/lower power than AMD offerings. Having said all this, the 6700xt fighter fit the bill for my sons machine since he only has a 1600AF and due to the recent findings with the nvidia overhead, I'm happier with him having an AMD card for the foreseeable, to prolong the life of his setup for as long as possible given the current situation.

I agree about the backplate on the fighter being a bit of a waste since it sits offset from the card and doesn't appear to be functioning as an actual heatsink for anything that I can see. Perhaps some simple thermal pad mods will help bring the memory temps down as they do seem a bit higher on this card. My card seems to idle around 60. In benchmarks it's up into the 70s. Fan noise becomes noticeably audible above about 50%. It doesn't look the best either with no top panel to hide the internals and heatpipes etc. But...it's a frickin latest gen card and it performs very well....and it's relatively tiny compared to most cards. I'm liking that for future build swaps and component/case changes etc. Also liking how it comes with 12gb ram for slightly better future proofing over some of the 8/10 gb cards.

I've not tried resizable bar on yet. I think I left that disabled. The board it's running in is a b450 so will have defaulted to pci-e gen 3 I think as it's set to auto for the main slot.

I can't remember my benchmark scores but will post them at some point.

Some other things I noticed:

In afterburner or AMD software I can only adjust things in a fairly minor way compared to cards of old:

Power limit = I recall I could only go down to -6 (other cards have like say -50% etc)
Memory = could only overclock it to 2150 (other cards I think can go much more. I even checked the box to enable out of range overclock limits in afterburner and rebooted but did not change anything)
Core clock = Seemed fairly adjustable to be fair
Vcore = didn't play with this. I think it's generally recommended to use power limit these days?

AMD compute mode = Seems to have changed now in AMD software? There is no option for it to be turned on/off anymore with latest drivers. This is good for anyone that leaves it mining overnight as you used to have to turn on compute mode, then turn it back off again to game with for best performance. This became a bit cumbersome I think with older cards which was one of the many reasons I never bothered with it. I think now compute mode is kind of always on or they have changed the way the 6000 series work to always do it automatically.

Also noticed that if you use default firmware controlled fans on the fighter, it allows for no fan speed at all if cool enough. I think they call it "fanstop" tech or something in some places. lol. Fair enough.

Powerusage: went up to about 220w max in a bench, but mainly hovered around 180 when pushed. This is stock clocks.

Does anyone know what it should boost to then? I see a lot talking about that their card may not be boosting to what it should. I'm not overly worried about it but interested.

Associate
Does anyone know what it should boost to then? I see a lot talking about that their card may not be boosting to what it should. I'm not overly worried about it but interested.

will check tonight was just enjoying the smooth gameplay last night and other than frames/temps paid very little notice

Caporegime
Have a Gigabyte 6700XT Gaming OC here to play with, does pretty well considering! Here's a Timespy bench (with 5600X);

image.png

That is with it set to 2.9Ghz though! I drop it to 2.85Ghz to have it game stable :)

Back
Top Bottom