• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Associate
Well volunteered Th0nt ;)

Perhaps we should all standardize on a benchmark as well. Like listing the settings as well...resolution etc.

Sounds fun

Would be interesting how the cpus memory mobo ect effect things from card to card

Associate
Installed my sapphire 6700xt couple of days ago. Noticed while playing cs:go there is very bad coil whine. Any ideas what my options are or if I can fix it some how?

Soldato
Got my new Powercolor Fighter 6700XT now, this one seems to work fine, the one I got last Friday was DOA so this is the replacement, just running it through it's paces.

Soldato
Installed my sapphire 6700xt couple of days ago. Noticed while playing cs:go there is very bad coil whine. Any ideas what my options are or if I can fix it some how?

To my knowledge you can return anything ordered online within 14 days of delivery. I assume that holds true on "offers" too. I don't know if whine is fixable, but if you're happy to be without it for a while, post in the ocuk customer service section I guess?

Got my new Powercolor Fighter 6700XT now, this one seems to work fine, the one I got last Friday was DOA so this is the replacement, just running it through it's paces.

That's a quick turnaround!

Man of Honour
The wife now has 6700xt goodness to go with my 6800xt - just need the big boy to complete the set :D

Paid a bit more than the OCUK deal but only £20 or so more so was worth a punt :D

Soldato
OcUK have spare one lying around then or did PowerColor assist?

They had a few left, presumably from the cancelled orders from the scalpers they found.

Happy to report, no noticeable coil whine so far, but I do use a sound deadened case with a solid sound damped side panel on, however despite this I could notice coil whine on my old card when sitting on certain game menus, not had the same with this one.

Man of Honour
Time to move the 7 onto a dedicated rig then my friend. Are the Baffin's still going well?

I mostly sold them all some time back on the forums. I switched up to some 8gb 570's then stopped for a bit and just let my staking portfolio do its thing. I now just mine on the desktop cards while i'm not working but even that with the 7 doing 100mh/s etc means 0.001 btc every few days which is always nice. I don't really have much dedicated kit at home these days, just staking things earns me a good chunk each day without the use of electricity. And we do have a "proper" rig 700mh/s ish but not at home anymore.

These cards are for mine and the wifes machines, problem is her cpu (3600) fits her gpu perfectly but mine although ok at the res I play at (3440x1440) could do with a bit of updating. My 1950x is a good few years old now and im sure a much faster CPU would stretch the legs of the 6800xt.

Last edited:
Associate
What are other peoples cards boosting too, mine constantly holds 2650 in all games and will boost as high as 2790.

This is the saphire nitro card at stock setting, seems to be a good sample.

Back
Top Bottom