• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASROCK X570 TAICHI - THE RYZEN 3000 MOTHERBOARD GIBBO & 8 PACK RECOMMENDS

Associate
3.8 if you run a 5000 Ryzen. I did try 3.8 but after 5 hours of trying to get my RAM stable, I gave up and rolled back.

Now sitting at 1900 IF with semi tight(ish) main, sec and Tri timings. I could get more if I put a little more volts into the ram.

One thing I have learnt with the Taichi, you aks for 1.5v BIOS you will get 1.46 ish so it undervolts, well my board does.

Caporegime
Cool, thanks for the heads up. ASRock are on it with the BIOS updates since Zen 3. Shame their PBO still doesn't work very well, I keep hoping an AGESA update will fix it but both my 3900X and 5900X don't get anywhere near the scores other manufacturers achieve.

Associate
Cool, thanks for the heads up. ASRock are on it with the BIOS updates since Zen 3. Shame their PBO still doesn't work very well.

I gave up on PBO and any sort of playing around with this board. I'll wait until the BIOS is extremely mature to do that as I plan to keep it a long time. Right now I am running my 5900x at "Auto" PBO.

Associate
Made the swap to a 5800X from 3700X yesterday and it definitely plays better with memory stability. Will try 4.0 this evening but so far happy with the performance boost.

Associate
Yeah, just saw the new BIOS, will have to try, as 5950x with 3.80 BIOS cannot even boot with 3600Mhz on RAM which ran fine with 3900x. Am getting Code 92, which is something to do with PCIe. It doesn't even try booting/POSTing, just goes straight to Code 92. So I settled with 3533Mhz, but that gets occasional WHEA reboots overnight. Hopefully new Agesa will sort those issues out

Associate
4.0 Bios I cannot boot with memory at 3800 and fabric at 1900.
But exactly the same bios settings apart from increasing fabric clock to 2000 and boots straight in without errors everytime.

Associate
Just installed 4.0 - so far ok, not
4.0 Bios I cannot boot with memory at 3800 and fabric at 1900.
But exactly the same bios settings apart from increasing fabric clock to 2000 and boots straight in without errors everytime.
Found similar with 4.0. IF @ 2000 boots, start bringing the memory in line and I fail to boot at 3866 - played with MC volt but she did not want to know.

Associate
So, it's worst case scenario after all. I RMA'd the ram after it failed memtest, it went through fine and in the meantime i've been running some corsair vengeance 3200mhz which I borrowed. It's been fine for about 3 weeks, now i'm getting exactly the same problem again! getting the UE4 crash error in borderlands 3 and forza horizon 4 crashing to desktop, event ID 1000 in event viewer which points towards faulty memory. I've followed microsoft's steps of running system file checker too. Nothing in the system is overclocked, running at exact xmp settings. I suppose this means the IMC on the CPU is the most likely culprit?

Associate
It seems I finally managed to get rid of WHEA logger errors on my 5950x.
Final RAM frequency 3466Mhz C16-15-16-30, a "bit" of the drop down from 3900x and RAM at 3600Mhz C14-15-14-28

Associate
Hi guys, I have the Phantom which I believe is almost the same model and I also struggling with memory overclocking and hight FSB.

I haven't pushed the volts of my B-die further than 1.39v as I thought that increasing the volts of the memory will put more pressure on the mobo and the processor???

I was trying 3800, 3733, and later 3600 with 4 sticks as per signature but I had occasional crashes (no crashes at 3200 XPM) so now I just swap the memory to 2x8gb TG 8 pack to see if I can get high clocks with my processor (bronze rated so apparently a bad one and runs hot. Maybe should return it...)

Associate
Isnt there another Agesa doing the rounds with other manufacturers? Pretty sure Asrock are behind in Agesa versions right now.

Im still on 4.0, not upgrading yet til they get the latest Agesa

Associate
I am finding with V4 that PBO is working much better. In as much that setting PBO to use motherboard values actually makes a difference now.
In the past it made no difference at all and did not allow any noticeable difference to boost values.

I can still get higher cinebench using manual PBO settings but setting PBO to motherboard does push my temps to 70c now whereas the manual option willl have them at 80c.
Just starting fiddling with the individual core voltage adjustment and currently my fastest 2 cores seem happy to run at -20 which I shall ramp back up once i see where all the others are happy to run without Whea errors.

Also worth noting the latest Beta bios states that once used you cannot flash back to previous versions.

Back
Top Bottom