• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

A simple cooling solution for 3090fe

Associate
Just thought id share what i did to cool my mem junction temp without opening the card and voiding the warranty.
This will not get the temps down as much as taking the backplate apart and popping new thermal pads in

I was tempted to do this but I thought the warranty is worth keeping on a £1400 card..
So I bought a heatsink from the rainforest for £11.49 100x69x36..and thermal pads... (thermalright 1.0mm 12.8w/mk)

But just but placing the heatsink on top of the card it reduced the temp by 8/9 degree c. I have not used the thermal pads yet as i thought they might stain the card if i need to rma it

good job because all three DP PORTS on card do not work.But HDMI Does work!
Also..HDMI will not wake the PC from sleep to have to unplug and plug cable back in every time..any ideas what is causing this??

x61rWGf.jpg
xMpizvx.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just a easy £10 fix without disassemble for little lower temps....i think its worth it
even tho it makes my new build look ****..

Soldato
Interesting and a good job!

What temperature has it reduced, is that just the core or the memjunction also?

I'd love to snag one of these cards but would certainly want a cooling solution that works for both the core and VRAM temps.

Soldato
I’ve considered doing similar with mine. Got a set of memory chip sized heat sinks I might try but they’re probably too small to do anything.

as above though why the **** are you bothering with this when your card is massively faulty?
All 3 display ports don’t work? Madness that you’d keep any new card with that issue, let alone a 3090!
Actually, was this an April fools day post?

Soldato
as above though why the **** are you bothering with this when your card is massively faulty?
All 3 display ports don’t work? Madness that you’d keep any new card with that issue, let alone a 3090!
Actually, was this an April fools day post?

I've seen a few posts in these forums where people refuse to RMA their GPU because they're scared of being without it for months.

Even more profit for manufacturers because they have less returns to deal with.

Associate
Its just a video card RMA it, and you have a janky liquid cooler alongside a £2000+ graphics card.....amateur.

Last edited:

D4N

D4N

Associate
I haven’t been able to get my hands on a 30 series card yet, but I did pick up a cheap copper heat sink from a Dell server on eBay to use in a similar way. Managed to get one with a flat bottom for a large surface area contact.

Soldato
Agreed all 3 DP ports not working is a big no no. When you come to sell the card it’s likely you will take a massive loss due to the above.

Verify it’s definitely the ports and say not your monitor or cables and have it replaced.

Back
Top Bottom