Doom Eternal

Associate
So many people saying the DLC 2 was too easy lol. I am playing on nightmare but all the previous games or dlc I played on ultra violence. I was stuck on the same part as you for a while, the 3 Doon Hunters, cursed Prowler etc? That was a pain. I just seemed to forget how to play for 3 days. just got final boss to do today.

Soldato
So many people saying the DLC 2 was too easy lol. I am playing on nightmare but all the previous games or dlc I played on ultra violence. I was stuck on the same part as you for a while, the 3 Doon Hunters, cursed Prowler etc? That was a pain. I just seemed to forget how to play for 3 days. just got final boss to do today.

Too easy, certainly not for me?

I got rinsed constantly, its one of the hardest games Ive played in a while, did most of it on Ultra Violence and dropped to Hurt Me Plenty for the last bit and even lower for the boss.

And yes thats exactly the part I got stuck on. Nearly cost me a new keyboard after 33rd death

V F

V F

Soldato
Doom 2016 I think has spoiled me when I get to this. Though the faster action in Eternal looks more fun. The UI looks very console in this versus 2016.

Eternal UI feels like Crysis 2 was to the first Crysis for Doom 2016.

Eternal looks more violent compared to 2016 with so many demons. 2016 feels so much slower paced on Ultra Violence but the gory black/red atmosphere is so awesome in 2016.

Associate
Been playing the main game on Ultraviolence and got through it relatively easily. Now onto the 3rd part of the 1st dlc and theres been 3 parts so far that im just getting destroyed on. Im stuck on the 3rd map now. Its like theyve just added a few too many waves to ramp up the difficulty :(

V F

V F

Soldato
Been playing the main game on Ultraviolence and got through it relatively easily. Now onto the 3rd part of the 1st dlc and theres been 3 parts so far that im just getting destroyed on. Im stuck on the 3rd map now. Its like theyve just added a few too many waves to ramp up the difficulty :(

It's great for aim and reflex practice. :D

Associate
Doom 2016 I think has spoiled me when I get to this. Though the faster action in Eternal looks more fun. The UI looks very console in this versus 2016.

Eternal UI feels like Crysis 2 was to the first Crysis for Doom 2016.

Eternal looks more violent compared to 2016 with so many demons. 2016 feels so much slower paced on Ultra Violence but the gory black/red atmosphere is so awesome in 2016.

Im replaying 2016, For me 2016 is more enjoyable, the mars base just looks so good and really feels like the demons have caused total mayhem, I think hell looks better in 2016 too, I really like both games but I have more fun with 2016, the plasma rifle is 100x better in eternal though

V F

V F

Soldato
Im replaying 2016, For me 2016 is more enjoyable, the mars base just looks so good and really feels like the demons have caused total mayhem, I think hell looks better in 2016 too, I really like both games but I have more fun with 2016, the plasma rifle is 100x better in eternal though

I love the rocket launcher and aiming for the ground like Quake 3. :D

The gauss rifle is nasty as well. I'll give this another run on Nightmare after Ultra Violence is completed as it's my first play through. If anything Ultra Violence seems just a bit too easy. You can still be caught out if your positioning is wrong.

Also love the quiet parts in between the battles searching for the rune challenges, secrets, Doom toys and such.

Associate
Just played through AG1 + 2.

AG1 had some great moments that put you under pressure and had great arena balance. Really enjoyed it, with some tough additional encounters which caused me almost physical pain, double Archvilles I am looking at you.

AG2 was frustrating more than anything else. Arenas were tight, new mobs didn't feel that well integrated. Most of my deaths were from getting penned into a tight corner, or from cursed prowlers randomly popping up and cursing you, then getting gibbed by the rest of the arena. Escalation encounters weren't really that bad, pretty straightforward. Final boss just felt pants, no real movement, unlike the Marauder where you can gauge distance for the vulnerability, I could never quite pin down the right range for the final fight. 5 phases of pretty samey and frustrating combat which I 1 shot.

Both playthroughs on Ultra Violence. I'll go back to my Nightmare save on the base game and probably go through a Nightmare playthrough on AG1. Not too sure i'll bother with AG2.

Soldato
Overall the DLCs where weak. With the DLC2 the weaker of the two. And the end boss in DL2 was a joke. The laziest boss mechanics possible. I expect that of a poor game development studio not id Software.

The base game though is excellent.

V F

V F

Soldato

Some people were saying on twitch the other night on Doom/Eternal speed runner channels that Nightmare/Ultra Nightmare is harder than Eternal's version. Is that true?

I cannot wait to get into Eternal, from what I've seen it's quite a horde mode.

How did you get on back then in Doom 2016 on Ultra Violence with the Hell Guards? I got to that point last night. They were quite a beast until you sussed out the patterns. The second encounter I found easier as all I done was spamming the rocket launcher staggering them but damn, they didn't half move fast.

The first encounter was harder I found, especially those vertical 3 orange blasts it kept dishing out. Luckily I only had to use the BFG once.

I would have said the Hell Guards really felt hard on Ultra Violence compared to every other demon. Though, cannot wait to try Nightmare.

Soldato
Doom Eternal is harder than the original and DLC's are definitely harder than base game. I am the type of person who completes the games on highest difficulty and then completes them again if another harder difficulty once it is unlocked but for Doom Eternal I had to lower from Nightmare to Ultra-Violence and for DLC's eventually towards the end for both of them I had to put it on an even easier setting.

This is very much a challenging game that requires considerable dedication (in my experience) to learn the "doom dance" in order to beat high difficulty, which I am apparently too slow to do.

Back
Top Bottom