Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Hi there - first post on the forums!

I was also one of the lucky few who managed to pre-order one. :cool:
I really hope that @NikTheSHNIK is able to give us some clarity regarding the delivery due dates etc.

Fingers crossed for end of April as I am pretty eager to get my hands on it.

Associate
Everyone with an order on should be good.

I've disabled ordering now as we have pre-sold all that we are expecting into us.

Just REALLY hope they aren't on that container ship stuck in the Suez canal. With the luck this spec has had availability wise so far I wouldn't bet against it...

Any idea for an ETA for the date in April. And will they be shipped as soon as they come into stock.

Cheers

Soldato
Thanks, just wondered if its worth the £750 which isn’t bad for 4k 120 when the next thing would be the LG 48” CX at £1500. I guess there is only one way to find out

It will be amazing for the Series X as you'll be able to set it to 4K 120hz and it will output depending on what the game supports. ie Ori will do both 4k@120hz. Destiny will output 4K 60hz and 1080p 120hz in crucible etc etc. Similar to PS5 set it to 4k/Auto and it will output depending on the game/settings/preference (performance on) etc.

Soldato
I’m a total noob. But what do you mean when you say IPS panel?

You have 3 mainstream monitor panel types IPS, TN and VA

OLED is also a new technology.

All have pros and cons TN have been the go to panel for gamers for years because of the higher refresh rates but IPS have now caught up.

TN have worst colour and viewing angles than IPS

Associate
Any details on when this might be available to order?
So this model is due between late April to late May. I’ve had an emails stating May others have said April. Pre orders have already happened and all allocated, so the pre order is no longer up.
So you will have to wait till more stocks are allocated. OCUK and one other competitor are the only legitimate ones selling in the Uk at the moment.

Associate
A bit frustrating that there's no way of knowing when this item is going to be available for pre-order/order unless you are keeping a keen eye on the forums.
I'd have loved to order one and have been looking back on the store quite regularly, but apparently completely missed the chance!

What is the best way to keep notified of stock updates here to be in with any kind of chance of making an order?

Associate
A bit frustrating that there's no way of knowing when this item is going to be available for pre-order/order unless you are keeping a keen eye on the forums.
I'd have loved to order one and have been looking back on the store quite regularly, but apparently completely missed the chance!

What is the best way to keep notified of stock updates here to be in with any kind of chance of making an order?

Welcome to tech in 2020/2021 unfortunately. You just have to continually check in the hope that something will be in-stock.

Associate
Aye but is it worth subbing to this thread for some sort of info?

Seems like the best thing to do, is get a bot? XD

Associate
Aye but is it worth subbing to this thread for some sort of info?

Seems like the best thing to do, is get a bot? XD

That's what I'd do probably. I got lucky in that I had subscribed to all new threads in the Monitors forum, so I got an email when this preorder thread popped up and was the first to preorder.

Back
Top Bottom