• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
5950x £899.99 here, jesus.
£900 to £1200 is the price for these now when in stock, £900 is on the cheap end now and 5900x is now £800-£850 too when in stock but have seen them selling for £1000 too on etailer sites. Sad thing is they sell out in seconds to a few minutes.

Associate
£900 to £1200 is the price for these now when in stock, £900 is on the cheap end now and 5900x is now £800-£850 too when in stock but have seen them selling for £1000 too on etailer sites. Sad thing is they sell out in seconds to a few minutes.

Seen quite a few else where for £749 (5950x)

Soldato
Seen quite a few else where for £749 (5950x)
The high street place is just botted or fake stock alerts to get you to visit their site. Not once it allows to add to basket, so to me it's not the real price. Real price is where you can actually buy an item. The have got clever at that store and using their systems to make alert sites put up fake alerts and real stock there has gone up in price.

Soldato
The high street place is just botted or fake stock alerts to get you to visit their site. Not once it allows to add to basket, so to me it's not the real price. Real price is where you can actually buy an item. The have got clever at that store and using their systems to make alert sites put up fake alerts and real stock there has gone up in price.

Actually, you are wrong. The high street place has always had the price of the 5950x at £750 since the day of launch. They have actually had stock at various times and when they have had that stock it was still priced at £750. The bots though have always got there before me unfortunately.

Soldato
Actually, you are wrong. The high street place has always had the price of the 5950x at £750 since the day of launch. They have actually had stock at various times and when they have had that stock it was still priced at £750. The bots though have always got there before me unfortunately.
Good luck getting one :). Come back next year and let me know I was wrong. Having a price doesn't mean they really have them ;). I don't even believe it is bots anymore with items priced at MSRP on their site, because real stock has real prices on their site and prices that are close to others now in most cases.

There is also sites with 3080s selling at £400 and 3090s for less than MSRP... guess what happens when people order they get cancelled or sent bricks.

Last edited:
Associate
Not true, you just have to be quick and lucky. I got mine from there and know 2 others who also got them too

FYI i also picked up my 3080 TUF OC for £788 and that was in February

Last edited:
Soldato
Not true, you just have to be quick and lucky. I got mine from there and know 2 others who also got them too

FYI i also picked up my 3080 TUF OC for £788 and that was in February

Well that's good to hear that some people are getting them. It is near impossible from what I have seen on alert sites and discords that people get items. Anyways I think things have changed in recent months and it's not the same anymore, maybe back in February it was different. So far not impressed with the way they are running shop at that store.

Soldato
Good luck getting one :). Come back next year and let me know I was wrong. Having a price doesn't mean they really have them ;). I don't even believe it is bots anymore with items priced at MSRP on their site, because real stock has real prices on their site and prices that are close to others now in most cases.

There is also sites with 3080s selling at £400 and 3090s for less than MSRP... guess what happens when people order they get cancelled or sent bricks.

I'm fully aware plenty of sites can put whatever price on a product when they have no stock, it's the oldest trick in the book.
Your suggestion was that they have no stock and just put out fake stock alerts. You can say that as many time as you want but you saying it dosn't make it true. As @cliffy has said, stock has been sold to him, 4 friends of mine have nabbed 5950x's at various times as well. Not at some scalping price either but at the MSRP of £750.

Associate
Scalpers receive a lot of hate online for stockpiling hardware / PS5's / XBOX's etc to make a profit but the businesses do the exact same thing. None of them seem to respect the msrp.

I just returned my 5800x. Not happy with how hot it runs. It was running just as hot as my 4790k which was in a badly airflowed case for years. I bought the Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh with Patriot Viper Steel 32Gb 3600MHz ram, MSI MPG X570 mobo and the be quiet Dark Rock Slim CPU cooler 120mm as per recommendation. i might just wait around for the 5900x prices and stock to normalise then revisit. Do all the AMD 5 series share the same components? I can keep the rest can't I?

Soldato

the high street place does have stock and keeps it at the RRP, that’s where I got my 5950x from for £750

Soldato
the high street place does have stock and keeps it at the RRP, that’s where I got my 5950x from for £750
Well like I said it's good to hear people are getting them at msrp, all the people I know have never had a chance to get one and I even tried for them too from the high street place and by time there are alerts and you click they are gone or never showed as available on the Web page and their app, even sat before the alert refreshing. So could be a caching issue or they just don't show in certain areas.

Caporegime
Does sound a bit dodgy, as there's stock almost everywhere these day, a shame.
To answer your question from the other thread (which is supposed to be about 11g Intel, give or take :p)

It arrived today! I was very apprehensive - because Hermes - but I needn't have worried. Case also arrived, so I'm all set (minus GPU unicorn).

Going to sleep on it and start the build tomorrow when I'm rested. Because otherwise I will be trying to plug the PSU in the CPU socket..

Associate
To answer your question from the other thread (which is supposed to be about 11g Intel, give or take :p)

It arrived today! I was very apprehensive - because Hermes - but I needn't have worried. Case also arrived, so I'm all set (minus GPU unicorn).

Going to sleep on it and start the build tomorrow when I'm rested. Because otherwise I will be trying to plug the PSU in the CPU socket..
Good to hear Foxeye, nice to see it all worked out and Hermes delivered too! :)

Associate
To confirm something. Some vendors may give you the impression that a Farcry 6 game code will be provided along with your shiny new Ryzen CPU. AMD confirmed directly to me today that this code is definitely no longer redeemable. No matter when your CPU was ordered. "Don't believe the Hype"! (remember them?)

Last edited:
Associate
To confirm something. Some vendors may give you the imoression that a Farcry 6 game code will be provided along with your shiny new Ryzen CPU. AMD confirmed directly to me tiday that this code is definitely no longer redeemable. No matter when your CPU was ordered. "Don't believe the Hype"! (remember them?)
That's a shame, thanks for the update.

Soldato
To confirm something. Some vendors may give you the impression that a Farcry 6 game code will be provided along with your shiny new Ryzen CPU. AMD confirmed directly to me today that this code is definitely no longer redeemable. No matter when your CPU was ordered. "Don't believe the Hype"! (remember them?)
When is the game released?

Associate
Managed to get the 5950x but its going back, getting whea_uncontrollabe_errors at defauls settings, on login screen, or sometimes I can get past login screen, and then at idle crashes, I eventually found a work around, did manage to fix it with all core settings, and with pbo, but took many days/hrs to work out how to fix it, I shouldn't have to do that, but I think one or more cores/silicon are bad/low quality and doesn't like PBO boost spikes etc., prob should have went Intel! (RMA'ing the CPU today and I think I'll be waiting a while till I get a new/replacement one! :()

Soldato
Managed to get the 5950x but its going back, getting whea_uncontrollabe_errors at defauls settings, on login screen, or sometimes I can get past login screen, and then at idle crashes, I eventually found a work around, did manage to fix it with all core settings, and with pbo, but took many days/hrs to work out how to fix it, I shouldn't have to do that, but I think one or more cores/silicon are bad/low quality and doesn't like PBO boost spikes etc., prob should have went Intel! (RMA'ing the CPU today and I think I'll be waiting a while till I get a new/replacement one! :()

Are you sure it's not your RAM doing it ? have you memtested your ram and made sure it's on the QVL of the motherboard ? Because bad ram or not compatible ram will do that too. Also make sure you are on the latest BIOS too for the motherboard, but I'm guessing you did that.

Back
Top Bottom