Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I'm looking for a decent water bottle I can take to work - Any brand in particular any of you would recommend? Looking for something around the 1Lt mark, with an opening at the top rather than a straw type lid, and something that I can bung in the Dishwasher without breaking.

Getting a bit sick of buying water bottles and having them break on me after a few months, so wouldn't mind spending a bit more on something that will last.

Not cheap but I got one of these for Christmas and it's a beast.

https://uk.yeti.com/products/rambler-26-oz-bottle-with-chug-cap?variant=39298671280319

Whole top comes off for easy cleaning/filling/dishwasher.

Practically bombproof and fill it with ice and water and the ice will still be frozen a few days later....

Associate
I'm looking for a decent water bottle I can take to work - Any brand in particular any of you would recommend? Looking for something around the 1Lt mark, with an opening at the top rather than a straw type lid, and something that I can bung in the Dishwasher without breaking.

Getting a bit sick of buying water bottles and having them break on me after a few months, so wouldn't mind spending a bit more on something that will last.

Nalgene wide mouth. About £14 from Amazon.

Dishwasher safe and popular with hikers so is durable.

Soldato
Finally got my epic desk set-up in place, really chuffed.

This is a 250cm long 88cm deep oak worktop, with two 55cm kitchen cabinets supporting the front. I’ve then installed four legs across the rear, where there’s also 6 plugs and an Ethernet point.

rmPZfpn.jpg

Just need the mega monitor....

Also, my first go at speed test was 546 megs a sec :D
You know how you can't make up your mind up on which monitor to buy

Now you have that mega huge desk you can just buy one of each monitor and have a setup like this :D

uB5kcfV.jpg

Ultrawides 4 life : ultrawidemasterrace (reddit.com)

Last edited:
Soldato
Snap!

Love my worktop express kitchen table top.
Had someone to help build the support beams around the walls so its not on any cabinates and act like a floating desk.
Been over 4 months and still good!

Wasn't easy getting it 2 flights of stairs.

Please buy a new camera :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Added some colour to my headset, the green nut colour matches the green accent on my pedals :D

headset_cap_blue_hope.jpg

Soldato
Yes support beams along the side and back.

The desk is about 1 inch off both sides but I deliberately did this as I knew it was going to be a tight fit in my study. Its not a box room but has more of an alcove on the left hand side of the picture so sliding a 40KG desk at awkward angles I needed some wiggle room. I selected from worktop express the full length and only but off about 8 inches off one side to make it fit the whole length of my study.

Cleats on the sides as well despite the worktop being 1" off the side walls? How's that look?

Soldato
Cleats on the sides as well despite the worktop being 1" off the side walls? How's that look?

So it was a last ditch idea but decided it was going to be the most stable idea. We used several bits of spare wood and created a simple leg arch shape support under the table. You really dont see it unless looking for it. Its just extra stability rather than relying on the walls.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
But then what do you do about panel uniformity? Unless they're all OLED, then even the same models will all differ in slight differences in colour, backlight bleed, brightness etc even when all set to the same OSD values! So unless you also have a hardware calibrator to set all that then it's gonna really grind some gears :D

Caporegime
But then what do you do about panel uniformity? Unless they're all OLED, then even the same models will all differ in slight differences in colour, backlight bleed, brightness etc even when all set to the same OSD values! So unless you also have a hardware calibrator to set all that then it's gonna really grind some gears :D

Different apps different monitors, then it's no problem to me personally.

I agree though if you try to span an application across two monitors then it can become an issue.

A friend for instance has three monitors in a wrap around formation on a racing SIM, can't personally see any major colour differences (they are all the same monitor and purchased at the same time mind)

Associate

Is it though? Is it really going to grind those gears having minute differences? Really? :D

Back
Top Bottom