Playstation Plus

Soldato
no i exagerate but its officially £6-99 month which will probably be £9.99 soon enough for the privilege mostly of using peer to peer multiplayer

For £30-40 a year and 20-30 free games it doesn't seem like a bad deal IMO. Happy to pay it.

Pretty much paid for itself this year already with the Final Fantasy 7 remake IMO. Been loads of good stuff this year so far though.

Maquette (PS5)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
Remnant: From the Ashes (PS4)
Farpoint (PSVR)
Destruction AllStars (PS5)
Control: Ultimate Edition (PS5, PS4)
Concrete Genie (PS4)
Maneater (PS5)
Greedfall (PS4)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Soldato
no i exagerate but its officially £6-99 month which will probably be £9.99 soon enough for the privilege mostly of using peer to peer multiplayer

Noooo it's £4.17 a month if you pay top end direct from PS Store. Not even close to £7.
The games being worth it are subjective but I generally enjoy something every month.

Edit. Oh I see what you mean, if paying monthly not annually. Well yes I wouldn't bother with it monthly, I've said in other threads I don't like subscriptions with a pay monthly model and will always opt to pay upfront.

Soldato
Finished Maquette yesterday evening, really disappointed with it overall. Nice visual design but I feel like it failed to make proper use of the core concept of things you do to the model world being reflected in the 'real' one. Puzzle design would see-saw from blatantly making it clear what to do, to not making it remotely clear that you can do what it needs you to do. It was a bit glitchy and janky at times, became very linear towards the end (which didn't take long as it's very short) and the narrative/voice acting was utterly dire.

I usually love games like this but this was a flop for me. In some ways it reminded me of Ether One, which oddly enough came out direct to PS+ early in the PS4's life too. That had similar issues but was at least a bit more compelling to play, until the progress-blocking bugs got in my way.

C64

C64

Soldato
For £30-40 a year and 20-30 free games it doesn't seem like a bad deal IMO. Happy to pay it.

Pretty much paid for itself this year already with the Final Fantasy 7 remake IMO. Been loads of good stuff this year so far though.

Maquette (PS5)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
Remnant: From the Ashes (PS4)
Farpoint (PSVR)
Destruction AllStars (PS5)
Control: Ultimate Edition (PS5, PS4)
Concrete Genie (PS4)
Maneater (PS5)
Greedfall (PS4)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
how many of the games have you even played though ?

Soldato
Also, if people don't know this, some games let you add them to your library without downloading them. So you can add a game to your library and download it at a future time (as long as you remain a PS+ member).

Soldato
My sub ended early last year and I have just re subscribed with my PS5 and all games I accumulated since it started are available again. It’s a decent service with good value it is just not really a patch on Gamepass Ultimate. I think Sony should look at how successful it has been on Xbox and offer something similar on PlayStation.

Soldato
My sub ended early last year and I have just re subscribed with my PS5 and all games I accumulated since it started are available again. It’s a decent service with good value it is just not really a patch on Gamepass Ultimate. I think Sony should look at how successful it has been on Xbox and offer something similar on PlayStation.

Except as Sony themselves said, to offer something like that would not be cost effective.
Then add in the fact that the PS remains the most popular platform - there really is no need to release anything like it.
There is quite literally no advantage to Sony releasing such a service.

Soldato
no advantage to Sony releasing such a service

That’s the difference really M/S have the cash to invest initially in buying big game studios and offering services like gamepass the initial financial hit is huge. It shows they are more committed to the player rather than the financial gains.

I’m really enjoying the PS5 it’s a great system it’s just really lacking in games at the moment. I’m using it more to replay my existing games with a few tweaks added. Without the huge library like gamepass it makes it feel a little bit thin on the games front.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's had more exclusives than the Xbox has at this point.

Yeah it just feels like less. I have plenty to play at the moment see what happens in a few months.

Miles Morales is a stunning game really enjoying it think I will play the remastered Spider-Man after as it’s been a while since I did it.

Soldato
Yeah it just feels like less. I have plenty to play at the moment see what happens in a few months.

Miles Morales is a stunning game really enjoying it think I will play the remastered Spider-Man after as it’s been a while since I did it.

You should it is glorious. Probably the best time I've had on the PS5 to date.

Soldato
My mate and I are really enjoying Zombie Army 4 on co-op, it's a lot more polished than I was expecting. Only slightly disappointing thing is that so many of the weapons and characters are locked behind the season passes, there's two for £15 each which also include some extra levels.

Back
Top Bottom