• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Control freeze on Rtx 3090 - is my card unstable?

Associate
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

So after Battlefield 5 i run Control , 1440P Rt High. When level loaded i turned camera by mouse and game freezed for 3 second with gpu load 0%. After 3 seconds unfreezed and i was able to play. Is my pc unstable or it was game issue? Gpu is not oced.
I ask because it never happened something like this in this game. I was played many time.

Associate
Yes I think the card must be faulty! If the PC were unstable you'd notice other issues, whereas from what you describe the card seems to be dying. I'd RMA it just to be sure.

Associate
I was under the impression control wasnt the most stable game. If it hasnt happened with any other games then id assume its the game. I dont see how a 3090 that hasnt been overclocked would die already. If temps are normal, fps normal and it only happens on one game then to me that sounds like a game issue

Soldato
It always does this when launching the game for the first time after installing a new driver, it is building the shader cache. The next time you launch the game it should be smooth.

Associate
OP
Hey that stutter/freez for 3 seconds not happened in other games. Yesterday on Control it happened.
Happened once after i loaded level and turn camera by mouse, before autosaving. Then i was play and no issues with gpu load. Stable 98%.
Pc is on stock. XMP only on. .

Soldato
Hey that stutter/freez for 3 seconds not happened in other games. Yesterday on Control it happened.
Happened once after i loaded level and turn camera by mouse, before autosaving. Then i was play and no issues with gpu load. Stable 98%.
So it’s literally happened once?

Associate
if it hasent happend in any other games thne its more likely the game,your GPU is not dead

Associate
OP
Its ok i replayed and played some time and no drops.Even left character standing on the same place and observing gpu usage. I guess it was glitch in game on beggining after load or something.

Thanks for helping me. I really like you guys. Really greatful I am love you all.

Soldato
I had a load of stuttering issues with my 3090 when I first got it. I could never figure out exactly what caused it or indeed how I fixed it. It was some combo of MB bios updates, bios settings tweaks and driver updates.

Associate
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

So after Battlefield 5 i run Control , 1440P Rt High. When level loaded i turned camera by mouse and game freezed for 3 second with gpu load 0%. After 3 seconds unfreezed and i was able to play. Is my pc unstable or it was game issue? Gpu is not oced.
I ask because it never happened something like this in this game. I was played many time.

Crank your GPU Fans up to max, knock 100MHz OFF the core clock and drop the VRAM clocks by say 10% and see if you can replicate the issues.

If you can, your card could be deffective, but going by the other threads you are having other issues with your system that might not be hardware related.

Have you tried backing up all your stuff and doing a clean windows install and have you ensured ALL your drivers (not just GPU) are upto date?

Back
Top Bottom