• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Forza Horizon 4 Bench Thread

Associate
I think I have some headroom left on the 1080p and 1440p scores as I had the fans locked to their minimum setting which is 38 percent and ran a flat 2800mhz. Not much but there is a little extra to gain.

Is there any way to back up the forza files? I have a very bloated install with loads of junk running. I wouldn't mind testing with a clean install but have no propper internet to download the game again.

Caporegime
I think I have some headroom left on the 1080p and 1440p scores as I had the fans locked to their minimum setting which is 38 percent and ran a flat 2800mhz. Not much but there is a little extra to gain.

Is there any way to back up the forza files? I have a very bloated install with loads of junk running. I wouldn't mind testing with a clean install but have no propper internet to download the game again.
Yes you can definitely improve those scores as I can't beat your 4K score.

I don't think you can backup the Forza files due to it being a Windows Store game. A clean install of Windows may help improve scores a little.

Associate
Well its been defo fun guys @jp7152 @LtMatt this is what Pc gaming is all about. Having fun, tweaking, pushing the systems, optimising.
I am going to let the room cool a bit as I have been mining for most of the day then go for maybe the last balls to the wall push.
I doubt I can get close to any of the 1080p and 1440p scores. AMD too strong in that rez, and my CPU is silver OCer at best.

Out of interest, are you guys running the bios with agesa 1.2.0.1 or 1.2.0.0?

Caporegime
Well its been defo fun guys @jp7152 @LtMatt this is what Pc gaming is all about. Having fun, tweaking, pushing the systems, optimising.
I am going to let the room cool a bit as I have been mining for most of the day then go for maybe the last balls to the wall push.
I doubt I can get close to any of the 1080p and 1440p scores. AMD too strong in that rez, and my CPU is silver OCer at best.

Out of interest, are you guys running the bios with agesa 1.2.0.1 or 1.2.0.0?
Yep it’s all good fun that’s a nice 4K score you’ve got. :)

Associate
Yes definitely fun Dontrocktheboat. I would like to hit the 130 mark on 4k though ! Must be possible somehow.

I have agesa 1.2.0.1 I think. Not sure if I am being limited by temperature a bit as it's very high. I have an Artic AIO cooler and the fit is very poor. I think there was something said about the wrong screws being supplied. Waiting for them to send me the v4 mounting kit which I hope should improve things thought I am not sure when that will be. Mind you it might not make any difference for Forza I'm not sure.

Associate
Yes definitely fun Dontrocktheboat. I would like to hit the 130 mark on 4k though ! Must be possible somehow.

I have agesa 1.2.0.1 I think. Not sure if I am being limited by temperature a bit as it's very high. I have an Artic AIO cooler and the fit is very poor. I think there was something said about the wrong screws being supplied. Waiting for them to send me the v4 mounting kit which I hope should improve things thought I am not sure when that will be. Mind you it might not make any difference for Forza I'm not sure.

Exactly the same issue mate. I have the Artic aio. 360mm and didn't get the upgraded am4 bracket when i first bought it. It arrived some 3 weeks ago but haven't had a chance to install it. It's just a new bracket and screws, my temps look ok but I havent got it set up for Ryzen3 offset. Which maybe could help me boost a bit better.

But looking at your benchmarks your CPU looks strong very strong. I think its boosting very good.

When you say your temp are bad? what figures are you looking at?
I have am getting up to 80C on heavy workloads and oCCT.

Last edited:
Associate
I think it's OK for Forza as it uses many cores but is a fairly light load. With PBO on it will hit 90c almost instantly with a heavy all core load.

I did have one last go at the 4k score and I think I was 0.8fps away from you. That was with cool air coming through the window and 2900mhz on the Radeon. So close haha. Don't think it's possible though to get 130.

Soldato
Here we are with correct settings :p

9900k @ 5.1 Ghz
RTX3090FE @ 2205 Mhz/ 5480 Mhz
Drivers: 461.92

Sadly 9900k holds things back and until ASUS catch's up with srizable bar support like other mobo makers for z390, losing performance there too.

mLMouZS.png

Oooh, i missed it. What was the score? :D

Heh, as just a couple more FPS then correct one I now posted above, but enough to go from second to third I think :p Think I will wait to see if ASUS implements bar functionality on z390 and try again. Between that and the CPU holding me back slightly, even at 4k.

Caporegime
OK this is the best I can do I think. 0.7fps behind the mighty 3090 on the 4k bench! Can't do any better than that unfortunately.

It's a shame there isn't a way to unlock the voltage as I'm sure the card could go higher with a bit more.

6900XT @ 2900mhz Core 4300 Memory
5950x PBO/CO

https://ibb.co/TB2SRz5

1440p
https://ibb.co/syfQWsV

1080p
https://ibb.co/pPpk97L
I suspect with a future driver update you will take 1st place easily, don't worry about that. ;)

Very impressive scores nonetheless, you've beaten my best scores at all resolutions. :)

Soldato
Those resolution numbers are really impressive at 1080p and 1440p. Those Ryzen CPU numbers also are insane.

Does you clock speed change anything on CPU front. Says 100% GPU limited for your guys, so do wonder if clock speed reduction would change anything or I suspect not if there is enough headroom that GPU still limits things.

Caporegime
Here we are with correct settings :p

9900k @ 5.1 Ghz
Drivers: 461.92

Sadly 9900k holds things back and until ASUS catch's up with srizable bar support like other mobo makers for z390, losing performance there too.

mLMouZS.png

Heh, as just a couple more FPS then correct one I now posted above, but enough to go from second to third I think :p Think I will wait to see if ASUS implements bar functionality on z390 and try again. Between that and the CPU holding me back slightly, even at 4k.
That's a good score mate, but i might be able to just about beat it with some luck. :p

Soldato
Thought I would try with bar support, notched up numbers slightly, but even more CPU bound more then anything else with a 9900k :o

9900k @ 5.1 Ghz
Drivers: 466.11

Yj83psV.png

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom